Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
aklein

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by aklein »

Rounding error? If you take the difference between 3 and 12 days its only 1982L which is less than 1% of the amount needed for 3 day season length for the year.

I go for statistically insignificant...
Mr_Mazzon

Post by Mr_Mazzon »

aklein wrote:Rounding error? If you take the difference between 3 and 12 days its only 1982L which is less than 1% of the amount needed for 3 day season length for the year.

I go for statistically insignificant...
Youre right. It is insignifigent.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

j_maybury wrote:
reallogger wrote: I like this answer, Reallogger you are an honest man, your a rear breath of fresh air, most people would have bluffed there way through that, instead of owning up to a mistake. good on you!
Never been afraid of doing and admitting mistakes. :D

Now let's see if we can decipher this (forgive me that some is repetition Mr_Mazzon, but wrote it like this so it might be possible to understand the logic):

The values in the xml are per animal per day for a 6 day season length. As we wanted same amounts annually, it means if you play with 3 day season lengths animals need twice the amount per day compared to 6 day season length as the number of days in a year is half.

So in average 90 liters per animal per day (for 6 day season length). 90 liters/day x 4 seasons/year x 6 days/season= 2160 liters/year. Or for 100 pigs 216 000 liters.
Food consumption in average per day for different season lengths:
3 days in season = 180 liters/pig
6 days in season = 90 liters/pig
9 days in season = 60 liters/pig
12 days in season = 45 liters/pig
All of the above sums up to 2160 annually.

Seasons then allows you to fill 3 days of food for each fillType. Corn is 50% of the total volume. This is then the volumes of corn you can fill to give 3 days of food in the through for different season lengths:
3 days in season = 270 liters of corn/pig
6 days in season = 135 liters of corn/pig
9 days in season = 90 liters of corn/pig
12 days in season = 67.5 liters of corn/pig

Now in spring it is not an average value of 90 liters/day, but 81 liters/day. Which in turn in spring means the following volumes for 100 pigs and 3 days of food:
3 days in season = 24300 liters of corn/100 pigs
6 days in season = 12150 liters of corn/100 pigs
9 days in season = 8100 liters of corn/100 pigs
12 days in season = 6750 liters of corn/100 pigs

So finally it matches. My god I need to go back to school and learn math all over. :)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I am too tired and lazy to read all of this. Do we need to fix anything? :biggrin2:
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

theSeb wrote:I am too tired and lazy to read all of this. Do we need to fix anything? :biggrin2:
Nope :) it's all working as it should.
Mr_Mazzon

Post by Mr_Mazzon »

@realLogger i did my calculations backwards and adapted those 81/81/90/108 figures to the calculations. Was interesting datamine those xmls. But your clarification brings alot of meanimg to my numbers.

@realismmodding team, Wonderful mod! You deserved that regognition! Love to play it and try to make 100 pigs work 1st year with 6day/15x speed seasons. So mutch ploughing!
Thank you.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Drmattymd wrote:
Thanks for the info, thats very helpful. Now after all the calculations in the posts above are these still good numbers? :biggrin2: And does the season length change anything?
:confusednew:

hehe. Yes these are still the correct numbers. :)
Mr_Mazzon

Post by Mr_Mazzon »

Drmattymd wrote: Thanks for the info, thats very helpful. Now after all the calculations in the posts above are these still good numbers? :biggrin2: And does the season length change anything?
Numbers are good Drmattymd. Season lenght does not affect annual feeding amounth (as illustrated in calculations). Growing animals just needs more TLC and good weather forecasts at harvest season now.
GiedriusK

Post by GiedriusK »

Can someone confirm, that weeders does not work? I tried a new game, I plowed the field, I fertilized it, then I planted canola, did not fertilized anymore. Then summer came and the crops started to grow (first stage), I slowed the time to 1x and started to weed. Actually, the fertilization stage did not increase and the crops changed stage from first growing stage (small plants) to 3rd growing stage (high plants) in few minutes and weeder did not work as well. Maybe the crops should grow more evenly and the weeder should be able to increase the fertilization stage?

What about to add manure before plowing and slurry before cultivation etc. how it was in the soil mod?
Thanks, good work, by the way :)
Mr_Mazzon

Post by Mr_Mazzon »

Weeders work. Watch my stream from here and see proof.
https://youtu.be/L8I4u_72eGo
aklein

Post by aklein »

I think that the amount a given animal needs is constant over the year is great game play balance. it does not penalize someone for a longer season. in fact it somewhat benefits a longer season as it makes feeding them easier since they take less per 3 days. Mr, Mazzon's research validates what I had been saying in some live streams for a while that longer seasons will make keeping larger numbers of animals easier.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

aklein wrote:I think that the amount a given animal needs is constant over the year is great game play balance. it does not penalize someone for a longer season. in fact it somewhat benefits a longer season as it makes feeding them easier since they take less per 3 days. Mr, Mazzon's research validates what I had been saying in some live streams for a while that longer seasons will make keeping larger numbers of animals easier.
That is good to hear. Most the costs are normalised so it will not matter what season length you are playing on. Except leasing costs which we have not changed.
eraaspr

Post by eraaspr »

Hello. Been reading through this thread but haven't seen anything about the GEO Sweden mod. I started up farming on Coldborough Park Farm v3 with seasons mod installed. Since I like snow I decided to try the GEO Sweden mod aswell. Took a long time before the snow had melted and the ground temperature started to get above 0. Not until the very last day of spring I was allowed to start ploughing and fertilizing. I wasn't allowed to do the spring seeding. I assume you're supposed to do the seeding before summer. As it is right now I won't get to do any harvesting during the first year but have to plan for constantly do the seeding in the autumn and then wait until the year after to get any profit from the crops. Is this the intension of the GEO Sweden mod? I live in Sweden and here farmers do seed both in spring and in autumn. Otherwise I want to say like many others here that the seasons mod is awsome!! Hoping it will appear in FS 19.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

eraaspr wrote: I want to say like many others here that the seasons mod is awsome!! Hoping it will appear in FS 19.
This is one of my bigest fears, that we will not have the mod, or a severely watered down version of it, in FS19 like so many other great mods have gone before it. :frown:
empato

Post by empato »

I would not play FS19 without Seasons, and I suppose most of the (PC) guys would agree with it. So i`m very sure that Giants will include this feature in FS19.