Seasons Mod Thread #2

Smith Modding

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by Smith Modding » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:26 pm

DirectCedar wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm
Smith Modding wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:07 pm
Ok, thanks! New question- I just lost one of my fields to withering, but my question is the day before it was on the first stage of ready to harvest. Why'd it wither so quickly? :confusednew:
I believe in Seasons all crops except grass only show the first (yellow) stage of Ready to Harvest through the entire harvest window; i.e. a crop might be about to wither even though it still shows yellow in the map and not orange. IIRC this is because Realismus had to match up the seasons transitions with the crop growth stages, and there were more growth stages than transitions, so the extra two harvest stages were dropped.
The think is though it had only been ready to harvest for a day though which is what confused me
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength :this: :this:
Playing FS15-17 on PC
Please don't PM for mod requests, I'll help with modding questions
Specs-
Intel i5-6400@2.70GHz|EVGA NVIDIA 1050ti SC 4GB|16GB DDR3 RAM|1TB Hard Drive|Dual Boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu

crash

Post by crash » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 am

Ok. I don't seem to get it to the last orange stage. It may be me that can't tell the difference between the two colors, comparing the 3bars with the colour on the map. Field 15 on Oakfield yealds 550.000liters ish atm.
Ps4+pc
In Norway

Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Since this is the seasons thread, I would just like to congratulate Rahkinn from the Realismus Modding team on being hired by Giants. Im sure it's a dream come true and looking forward to the future of FarmSim.
XB1/PC

RODHA

Post by RODHA » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:33 pm

MrSealyp's video on the grass debate. A very good test indeed.

PS4 / FS17 and FS15

Corstaad

Post by Corstaad » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:57 pm

I'm not sure if this is seasons question or basic dairy feature. Why is it when I put powerfood in the freestall barn for cows it splits it 50/50 into powerfood and hay/silage section. Before I feed powerfood I make sure every feed is maxed out. I'm going through double the amount of powerfood according to a popular seasons spreadsheet. Thanks for any input.

Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:44 pm

That's a farming simulator thing, not a seasons thing.
The explanation I heard was that when you mix hay, silage and, optionally, straw, you make total mixed ration, which is not the same as power food, but contributes to the cows' power food.
Afaik it's not possible to make 'pure' power food, but I've read that if you feed total mixed ration, you don't need to feed silage. I find that if I do this then the silage bar fills up about half as fast as the power food one, and I just top it up because I don't like seeing the bars orange.
I'm not sure exactly what changes seasons makes to animal feed rates, and I've never played fs17 without seasons to know if it's any different.
Farming Oakfield on pc

Corstaad

Post by Corstaad » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks I just read up on this more!

RODHA

Post by RODHA » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:52 pm

I'm having a problem with my crop growth, again.
This time it is a bit different.

I'm running a 9 day season setup on the us midwest geo.
I did plant wheat barley and canola on the 3rd day of early spring. They should have grown at that night with the transition but they didn't. Infact none of those crops in any mission fields have grown. Root crops on the other hand have grown. This practically eleminated my double crop chance for the year. Why did this happen do you think?

edit: something much more weird nust happened. My wheat barley and canola fields I've mentioned have grown from stage 2 to stage 4 in just one transition night. I'm watching live at the moment. It just happened infront of my eyes
PS4 / FS17 and FS15

reallogger

Post by reallogger » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:27 pm

RODHA wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:52 pm

I did plant wheat barley and canola on the 3rd day of early spring. They should have grown at that night with the transition but they didn't. Infact none of those crops in any mission fields have grown. Root crops on the other hand have grown. This practically eleminated my double crop chance for the year. Why did this happen do you think?

edit: something much more weird nust happened. My wheat barley and canola fields I've mentioned have grown from stage 2 to stage 4 in just one transition night. I'm watching live at the moment. It just happened infront of my eyes
Nothing wrong with the first part. Wheat, barley and canola planted in early spring won't grow until the transition to late spring. Root crops planted in early spring grows in the transition to mid spring.

Also the second part is as it should be. Wheat, barley and canola planted in early spring will be stage 2 in late spring and then it will become stage 4 in early summer.

That GEO will give different growth patterns compared to default Seasons.

Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:26 pm

RODHA wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Youre also much better off planting those cereal grains in the fall if you want to do double crop beans
Playing on PC and PS4

RODHA

Post by RODHA » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:56 pm

reallogger wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:27 pm
That GEO will give different growth patterns compared to default Seasons.
Ok. I see. That explains a lot. But I still couldn't figure out why they jump from stage 2 to stage 4 :biggrin2: I guess it is just how seasons work with that geo. Thank you reallogger :hi:
Drmattymd wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:26 pm
Youre also much better off planting those cereal grains in the fall if you want to do double crop beans.
Thank you for the tip :hi: I'll try that.
PS4 / FS17 and FS15

Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:27 pm

I have different games on goldcrest both on normal in seasons. They have different calendars (as in planting and harvesting times) like one has a longer 'winter'. I have never installed any of the season geo mods only ever the basic. How /why does this happen (X Box1)

FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:35 am

^^ Are the season lengths different?
Still waitin on a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days! #BluePower
Playin on Xbox One in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Most of your console mod requests aren't possible. So think realistically.
PM me for a Discord link.

Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:43 am

Both are 3 day seasons

FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:51 pm

I'm confused by what he means by longer winter
Still waitin on a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days! #BluePower
Playin on Xbox One in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Most of your console mod requests aren't possible. So think realistically.
PM me for a Discord link.