[INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

RODHA

Re: [INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

Post by RODHA »

Dribbly Midget wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:00 pm https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3087508446

This looks fantastic - console ready too!
Ohhh, a yellow Fendt :biggrin2:

Jokes aside yes it looks great and being console ready is another door to happiness.

Thanks for sharing :hi:
PS5 / FS22
JamP

Post by JamP »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:02 pm
JamP wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:48 pm Unfortunately the priority now is no longer the Mods for console. For PC continues to be released. The guys who make the Mods have also worked hard, and some constantly complain about the delay. Some even give up making console mods for many reasons. This discourages customers and modders.

What guarantees the continuity of the game for 2 years are the Mods created. A hype is generated about the news, normal to be disappointed when a lack of structure or organization causes it to take longer than usual. Burger King seems to always have enough staff to do the work necessary to serve his customers well, maybe that's the difference he wants to make, I do not know.
The last console mod released was 9 days ago. The last PC mod released was also 9 days ago. There are console mods in testing and there are PC mods in testing.

What happened to patience? Why do you need the latest mod yesterday? Just hold tight, they'll release them when they release them. Does it really matter that it will take a little longer to get your hands on them? It's just over a week and a lot has happened over that week. The game doesn't get worse because you haven't had a new mod for a week.

Once more I feel the need to remind some console users that they didn't even have mods 2 years ago. Just be thankful Giants are allowing mods on console at all. Some days I bet they wish they'd never introduced them.
Thankful? I paid the same price as PC guys even with a lot of levies against because of a claim that MS is Sony does not allow script. Sorry, thanks for everyone's work ... Giants and modders ... But the giants are missing out on that.

But... I'm waiting.. No other solution. :(

The last mod to console release in 05.06.2018

To pc 11.06.2018 include a map ;(
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ +1

For some reason people don't want to understand that we are not criticising the QA team.
They are hard working people with a ton of workload in their hands atm.
Of course no one can expect them to create miracles and release mods everyday.

We (at least myself) are criticising Giants for ignoring problems that are not important to them.
Keeping the mods waiting is a simpler and more economical solution atm than expanding their staff (in this case QA team) for solving the issue once and for all.

Thats what we are complaining about. And there is really nothing wrong about it.

People should stop taking this like we are trying to beat up the QA team.
Distorting the actual point of the argument doesn't really do any good to anybody.
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Well it seems there's one or two are. It shows people Thier true colours
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Someone literally posted that Giants needs to hurry up and test mods.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

JamP wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:08 pm Thankful? I paid the same price as PC guys even with a lot of levies against because of a claim that MS is Sony does not allow script. Sorry, thanks for everyone's work ... Giants and modders ... But the giants are missing out on that.

But... I'm waiting.. No other solution. :(

The last mod to console release in 05.06.2018

To pc 11.06.2018 include a map ;(
You should be thankful, as it's a pain in the backside for modders and Giants to allow mods on console. I get that you paid the same price (you probably paid more given how much console games cost) but that doesn't automatically entitle you to mods; you pay for the game, and anything else (that is free to you remember) is a bonus. There were no guarantees which mods you might or might not get when you bought the game - in theory you might have got a couple of cultivators and little more. As I say it's a pain for modders to make mods console compatible; there wasn't anything in it for them when the console ModHub was launched, so I'm surprised console users have got as many mods as they have.

Giants didn't have to allow console mods - it would have been easy to just turn a blind eye and carry on allowing PC users to make and enjoy their own mods - but they wanted to make it as level a playing field as is reasonably possible (with the limitations you seem doubtful about for some reason).

The last new mod for consoles was 05/06/2018 true, but you've had two updates too, so it's not like you're being ignored. In that time the PC has had a single new mod - that's it - you made it sound like PC users have had dozens in that time!
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Patience...
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

RODHA wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:26 pm ^^ +1

For some reason people don't want to understand that we are not criticising the QA team.
They are hard working people with a ton of workload in their hands atm.
Of course no one can expect them to create miracles and release mods everyday.

We (at least myself) are criticising Giants for ignoring problems that are not important to them.
Keeping the mods waiting is a simpler and more economical solution atm than expanding their staff (in this case QA team) for solving the issue once and for all.

Thats what we are complaining about. And there is really nothing wrong about it.

People should stop taking this like we are trying to beat up the QA team.
Distorting the actual point of the argument doesn't really do any good to anybody.
So your solution is to hire more staff to test mods ? What happens to them when 19 is out and the workload has eased considerably ?

They run a business. So we get mods later now. It is that big an issue ???
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

I see both sides of this, but for Giants, it must be a $$$ issue. Because if the QA team is spread as thin as Lethian made it sound, they've almost guaranteed a buggy 19 launch, while having a backload of 17 mods. I personally don't care how timely they come out, BUT the MODDERS do, & for Giants to go on about their daily communication with modders while SOMS2 has no idea what happened to his map, well that rankles me the wrong way. 98% of the time, Giants does things the right way, I guess this is just their thing where cost/efficiency beat out customer support. I can live with it this year, but not for 2021.
I make jokes that others don't get.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

BigNRichlll wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:53 pm I see both sides of this, but for Giants, it must be a $$$ issue. Because if the QA team is spread as thin as Lethian made it sound, they've almost guaranteed a buggy 19 launch, while having a backload of 17 mods.
Note that we also have a big QA team at Focus Home Interactive backing us up ;)
BigNRichlll wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:53 pm I personally don't care how timely they come out, BUT the MODDERS do, & for Giants to go on about their daily communication with modders while SOMS2 has no idea what happened to his map, well that rankles me the wrong way.
SOMS2 has never contacted me or anybody else afaik through any of the open channels I layed out before. He just has to ask and will always receive an answer about what is going on. So of course he does no know what's up with his map since a) we have not gotten around to test it yet and b) he did not ask about what is up with the ModHub. I would have written him the same as I have above.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Goose66 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:44 pm So your solution is to hire more staff to test mods ? What happens to them when 19 is out and the workload has eased considerably ?

They run a business. So we get mods later now. It is that big an issue ???
Less staff members is a bigger problem for the staff themselves than us.
Companies always do that. Work less people and give them more work. That in itself is really not acceptable but that is unfortunately how capitalism works.
The thing is, that so called solution creates problems for a lot of sides. In this case, the QA team, the modders and us players.
So, please tell me that a so called solution which creates more problems than an actual solution shouldn't be criticised...
You are focusing on the wrong perspective. I'm trying to tell something completely different than just complaining about the lack of mods.
If we pay for this game we have the right to request better solutions. And if we can see the problem we should be able to speak up our mind.
What is this forum for?
As Giants founders clearly mentioned in their video, this forum had a very important role since the begining.
So, this is the forum, this is the problem and here is my opinion.
Which part of that is complicated?
PS5 / FS22
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I have seen many simulation games being released on consoles over the last year and none of them have had mods. They have all stated that they do not have a big enough team to do what Giants/Focus Home Interactive does with FS.

So, maybe we should all be a little more grateful that the QA team even exists and is as big as it is to be able to release mods every week.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Not complicated at all. I don’t understand the problem you have. Mods are made, mods are tested and then they are released if they pass.
The fact that you complain about the time frame is irrelevant. You get them, for free.

Which part is complicated ?
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I guess I'm too busy actually playing the game to notice there haven't been any mods released. Can you not play the game with the available stuff? I'm chomping at the bit for Welker Farms and Lone Oaks but I'm still plugging away at the maps I have.

I fail to see what the big deal is.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

There's one group of people saying "We want mods now!!", there's another saying "mods are taking ages" and then there's "be patient".

Lots of disrespectfull comments on here