Slow plant growth

erict43

Re: Slow plant growth

Post by erict43 »

Motoventurer wrote:
erict43 wrote:Can you tell us how you determined these growth times? I was pretty confident on 8 and 24 hours based on research in FS15, and I didn't think it had changed in FS17.
Yes I can. First you plant a lot of small streches every ten minutes (seeding -> fast forward -> seeding ...)

Then you have an idea how long and when the grow stages are.

By seeding in a timeframe before a grow stage change I determined the time limit.

Then you do that again for the next growing speed

Then you read here different opinions and do it again to check your findings

Martin
edit: please note that I experienced that the changes can vary about 1-3 minutes. looks like when the game has to compute a lot at this time it can take a bit longer. It might increase with the time acceleration
Well, I did some testing myself just now and I think you're right. 6:40 on normal. And the delay that you mentioned is there, too, a real-time delay. On 1x speed, the crop comes up almost on the minute predicted, but at 120x speed it could be off by 10-15 minutes game-time. Interesting stuff. You should make a video, that was some good research you did.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Excellent job Motoventurer... this is really good work... today you win the internets !!

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

Motoventurer wrote:one growing stage at normal is 6h an 40min. At slow it is 13h 20 min.
what would it be at fast, 3h 20min?
Motoventurer

Post by Motoventurer »

erict43 wrote:You should make a video, that was some good research you did.
thanks @erict43, I am preaparing a small tutorial video right now about growing stages and yields.

At fast it is 5h 20min for one growing stage.

Martin
Motoventurer

Post by Motoventurer »

Hello everyone,

here is my small tutorial about growing stages and yields/income.

klickme

There is a link to the spreadsheet (with the different yields) in the video description.

Martin
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

As my farm grew bigger, I found this growth system... Wel not stupid in general, but it is stupid that I never know when the next stage is. Why isn't there an option called slowER, which would mean 24 hours for growing stage, midnight to midnight? And with the need to sow to 9 PM to get the next stage next midnight. That would be awesome! I'd do my chores before 9 PM and then skip the night as I hate playing in the dark.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
mrnascar

Post by mrnascar »

Only been playing FS17 for a couple weeks, so far, much better than FS15, which I found less enjoyable than FS13. But I also am frustrated by crops not growing while I'm doing fieldwork for other farmers. I'd hoped this would be a profitable way to spend time while waiting for my own crops to mature, particularly in early stages of the game. The fact that time and plant growth stand still while doing such fieldwork missions thwarts that strategy.

A few days back I thought I came across a mod that supposedly causes crops to keep growing while you do missions. Unfortunately, I didn't download it at the time, and now cannot find it. Does anyone know of such a mod?
MeeaaW

Post by MeeaaW »

mrnascar wrote:Does anyone know of such a mod?
http://modcentral.co.uk/
OOWAR!!

Post by OOWAR!! »

Some jobs are far too quick on normal speed in regards to game clock, such cutting down, trimming a tree and loading it up on a pickup taking seconds. If the game clock slows for realistic growth times, will the task times become faster?
PC.
X BOX CONTROLLER
MeeaaW

Post by MeeaaW »

i have about 13 hours per slow growth stage... so.. 39 hours, what is totally not 5 days.. ok, i'm using oilseed, so, I have a bit longer, but not 5 days :D every 2 days you have something to harvest :) where did you got 24 hours per stage I don't know :(
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Wasn't the slow growth changed in recent update? I may have the impression it was changed to approx. 24 hours. Am I wrong? Normal is approx. 6 hours.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Is fast not 6 hours?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Guil wrote:Is fast not 6 hours?
I think fast is 3 bud, but they could have changed it in 17, on 15 put it on X5 and fast, it'll be 3 hours.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

I'm pretty sure normal is 6 hours now. I got a stage at 10:00 having time x1. Then I did my chores, accelerated time, expected the next stage around 18:00 and it was around 16:00 on time x120.

Few days before that, I had my plant growth rate set at slow. Got a stage change at 2 AM. Did my thing, accelerated time to x120, expected the next stage around 15:30, but nothing happened, only again at 2 AM.
Straw-Walker

Post by Straw-Walker »

It would be useful to have a 'Time to next growth stage' indicator.
Disk version, Update 1.4.4 on Win10 PC with Xbox controller.
http://www.g4mix.co.uk