Slow plant growth

Skunkworks

Slow plant growth

Post by Skunkworks »

How much longer does it take?
masterplan

Re: Slow plant growth

Post by masterplan »

Skunkworks wrote:How much longer does it take?
I switched form normal to slow recently. So far as I guess it's twice as long. At least I hope I'll be able to skip the night without finding all my fields in "ready to harvest" stage in the morning. :-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Keldin

Post by Keldin »

I thought normal was about 26 hours and slow about 2.5 days? I play on hard with normal growth and if I seed at 7am the crops are ready the next day around 9-10am.
Platform=PC
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

I dont know exactly, as all I play on is slow growth to make it a more realistic. Not sure the the exact hours in game before it changes stage, but its changes stage once per day. I turn off growth sometimes, just to add some realism, so Im not even sure the time each day it changes. I am curious how long before it changes, I just need to remember to watch for it and write the time down, and see the exact time and hours before the next stage.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Case1370 wrote:

I dont know exactly, as all I play on is slow growth to make it a more realistic. Not sure the the exact hours in game before it changes stage, but its changes stage once per day. I turn off growth sometimes, just to add some realism, so Im not even sure the time each day it changes. I am curious how long before it changes, I just need to remember to watch for it and write the time down, and see the exact time and hours before the next stage.
Really? One stage per day? Wow, that's much slower than I expected.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I do all my field work with crop growth off. When I'm ready to spray I turn it on fast and 120x until it's at the first stage. Then back to 5x and growth slow or normal. Do my chores and odd jobs until the crops are ready to harvest. I've never paid attention to the differences in crop growth speed.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
W1der

Post by W1der »

I guess this feature comes in handy, if you are doing most of the work on your own , have a lot of fields ... and have "withering" turned on !?
Other than that ... I do not see any use for it ... :confusednew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
crash

Post by crash »

120x time and fast grow stage, it takes 5-7 minutes or so to grow to the next stage. So if you want to do a growing cycle/season/year, each time you play, it's great:)
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
erict43

Post by erict43 »

Fast = 4-hour growth cycles
Normal = 8-hour cycles
Slow = 24-hour cycles

I have read claims that growth is suspended when doing missions, so time spent in missions may shift the times of the growth cycles, but I have not confirmed this myself.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

On slow the crops go from seeded to ready to harvest in about 26hrs... to get 1 growth stage a night you need growth manager mod and a modified fastgrowth mod.
PC gamer.
erict43

Post by erict43 »

Beastbubba wrote:On slow the crops go from seeded to ready to harvest in about 26hrs... to get 1 growth stage a night you need growth manager mod and a modified fastgrowth mod.
That sounds like Normal speed to me. Remember that growth doesn't start as soon as you seed, all growth occurs across the map at the same time. This is why you might have a 26-hour span from seeding to harvest, if you seed your fields 2 hours before the next growth cycle occurs.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

erict43 wrote:Fast = 4-hour growth cycles
Normal = 8-hour cycles
Slow = 24-hour cycles

I have read claims that growth is suspended when doing missions, so time spent in missions may shift the times of the growth cycles, but I have not confirmed this myself.
I'm interested in the slow mode:
Day 1: seeding
Day 2: 1st gowth stage
Day 3: 2nd gowth stage
Day 4: 3rd gowth stage (darkest green)
Day 5: ready to harvest

Am I correct?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

masterplan wrote:
Normal = 8-hour cycles
Slow = 24-hour cycles

Am I correct?
That sounds right to me.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

masterplan wrote:
Normal = 8-hour cycles
Slow = 24-hour cycles

Am I correct?
No, to get this you have to mod the growth times. On slow the crops will be teady to harvest by the third day at the latest..

Here is how to get one growth a night, and it is only doable on pc:

Requires 2 mods:
Growth Managment - you can get it from fs-uk
Fast Growth - it is in the beta section of modhub

Install both mods, activate them and save. Then both config files should appear in your save folder. Then set growthFactor in growthmanager.xml to 1 and the numbers in Fastgrowth_config.xml will represent hours for every crop.
For example mine:
<FASTGROWTH>
<fruit>
<wheat>24</wheat>
<rape>24</rape>
<barley>24</barley>
<maize>24</maize>
<potato>24</potato>
<sugarBeet>24</sugarBeet>
<sunflower>24</sunflower>
<soybean>24</soybean>
<oilseedRadish>24</oilseedRadish>
<poplar>24</poplar>
<grass>24</grass>
</fruit>
</FASTGROWTH>

That will make all crops grow 1 stage a night at midnight.
PC gamer.
NateS

Post by NateS »

masterplan wrote:
Normal = 8-hour cycles
Slow = 24-hour cycles

Am I correct?
I did attempt this. It works, however, you are incurring 5 days work of running costs for each harvest cycle. For example, your starting combine accrues more than $10,000 in maintenance costs before you use it :sadnew:

The alternative that I found to work best for me is this:
Use fast growth but play in real time. Fast forward the evenings and start working around 5:30am. The basic idea is pretend every 2 hrs is a month. January is midnight to 2am. Feb 2-4, Mar 4-6 etc.

Has anyone else come up with other ways to simulate seasons?
PC & PS4