Do Missions Expire?

danielhawkins

Re: Do Missions Expire?

Post by danielhawkins »

I just found out this about plowing.
If YOU do the plowing for a farmer as a "mission" then it registers that field as plowed thus if you immediately buy the field it DOES NOT need plowing until after the 3rd harvest from this time.
BUT...
If the field is plowed when you come to buy or whatever and this was done by the farmer who owns that field and was not done by you in a "mission" then it DOES NOT register that field as plowed.
I was going over the menu checking the status of some fields and noticed the one I had just done a "plowing mission" on was marked as plowed but the field that I just bought that the farmer had plowed himself in the background did not mark down as ploughed.
Problem... well I had to cultivate this field before I plowed it because when I bought it, it had a plowed texture (because the farmer had plowed himself) so I couldn't see each run I was doing.

@Wildberry... it seems the farmer does do plowing but it does not register in the menu as plowed as I described above. Thus I think the mission farmers lose out 10%. :lol:

@W1der.. not sure if this answers your question about the fields "reverting"
What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-MSI Gaming Pro Carbon RGB
-Intel i7 6850K Hexacore 3.6gHz-3.9gHz
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 1TB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
-Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
-Samsung SyncMaster B2240
How to find and post your Log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

danielhawkins wrote:I just found out this about plowing.
If YOU do the plowing for a farmer as a "mission" then it registers that field as plowed thus if you immediately buy the field it DOES NOT need plowing until after the 3rd harvest from this time.
BUT...
If the field is plowed when you come to buy or whatever and this was done by the farmer who owns that field and was not done by you in a "mission" then it DOES NOT register that field as plowed.
I was going over the menu checking the status of some fields and noticed the one I had just done a "plowing mission" on was marked as plowed but the field that I just bought that the farmer had plowed himself in the background did not mark down as ploughed.
Problem... well I had to cultivate this field before I plowed it because when I bought it, it had a plowed texture (because the farmer had plowed himself) so I couldn't see each run I was doing.

@Wildberry... it seems the farmer does do plowing but it does not register in the menu as plowed as I described above. Thus I think the mission farmers lose out 10%. :lol:

Interesting info ...

A part of my brain is now trying to convince me to go back to school, to learn "programming" ... so that I can rebuild this entire game ... :lol:
But I heard "others" are already doing that ... so I will just wait and see what they come up with ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

LOL. Yes I would love to know how to do programing too for that very reason.
Yup leave it to the experts and hopefully they can produce something better.
What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-MSI Gaming Pro Carbon RGB
-Intel i7 6850K Hexacore 3.6gHz-3.9gHz
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 1TB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
-Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
-Samsung SyncMaster B2240
How to find and post your Log.txt
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

W1der wrote:
danielhawkins wrote:@Wildberry... it seems the farmer does do plowing but it does not register in the menu as plowed as I described above. Thus I think the mission farmers lose out 10%. :lol:

Interesting info ...

A part of my brain is now trying to convince me to go back to school, to learn "programming" ... so that I can rebuild this entire game ... :lol:
But I heard "others" are already doing that ... so I will just wait and see what they come up with ... *thumbsup*
Thanks Daniel! I did not know that (as in never actually checked if I ever saw them plowed really, only in the menu).

My farmer neighbours are becoming lazy though, their fields go to waste unharvested these days.
MC, aka Master of Cereals
aklein

Post by aklein »

This is my strategy for missions. I do missions for the same field back to back until it says there are no more. I use GPS mod so its mostly set it and make sure the AI does not stop mid job for some reason.

Once I have the price as low as it will go, the green bar is full, then I wait until a harvest mission and if it is for a crop I want or have the equipment to harvest and I have the money for the field I buy it. I get the profit from the harvest to lower the total purchase of the field somewhat and I had none of the expenses with growing the crops and I probably did the work and got paid for it also. If its for a crop I don't want or don't have equipment for, potatoes for example, I might do the mission to earn the cash and to more missions on the field as I have time till another harvest of interest comes up.

This weekend was a big mission weekend. I earned close to 500K in missions and purchased 5 fields. My funds fell down to something like 10K but then after selling all of the grain on those fields I was over 100K again.
W1der

Post by W1der »

wildberry wrote:
W1der wrote:
danielhawkins wrote:@Wildberry... it seems the farmer does do plowing but it does not register in the menu as plowed as I described above. Thus I think the mission farmers lose out 10%. :lol:

Interesting info ...

Thanks Daniel! I did not know that (as in never actually checked if I ever saw them plowed really, only in the menu).

My farmer neighbours are becoming lazy though, their fields go to waste unharvested these days.
I suspect there was a party that I was not invited to ... or maybe some of my fellow farmers has a drinking problem ... :confusednew:
What do you think?

Anyways ... this is painful to see ... :neutralnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

that is why I always do a tour around the field when harvesting for neighbours. So that that bug does not happen
W1der

Post by W1der »

wildberry wrote:that is why I always do a tour around the field when harvesting for neighbours. So that that bug does not happen
Well ... I can not do all the fields for them all the time ...
They managed to fix this on their own ... *thumbsup*
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

oh dear... I never seen it with fields I did not harvest... but then I help out harvesting a lot, except potatoes or beets
aklein

Post by aklein »

I suspect another NPC teenager did the job for them and found it hard to keep their eyes and hands off their phone for more than 60 seconds.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

You mean they were busy with their phone AND harvesting :lol:
ancienthighway

Post by ancienthighway »

I agree, the NPC farmers can plow their own fields if they want. Plow missions usually take too much time for the small reward. There's usually enough harvest missions around, you'll never miss the meager payout for plowing. I may make an exception for a small field that I want to buy though.
BigJohnnyD

Post by BigJohnnyD »

Another question about missions. Does the buy price reflect the state of growth on the field? What I mean is, if I want to buy a field is it worth getting paid to do all the work and then buy it once the crop is ready for harvest?

I can be very sneaky when it comes to my money :lol:

J.
To everyone who has ever released a mod for my enjoyment, I say

THANK YOU

My game would not be the same without you.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

BigJohnnyD wrote:Another question about missions. Does the buy price reflect the state of growth on the field? What I mean is, if I want to buy a field is it worth getting paid to do all the work and then buy it once the crop is ready for harvest?

I can be very sneaky when it comes to my money :lol:

J.
That's exactly what I do, poor AI farmers pay me to the work then I take the crop when its ready to harvest :lol: from what I can tell it has no effect on the price. :coolnew:
PS4
reider

Post by reider »

The timer is only a few seconds or a minute or so. Just wait til it passes if you wish to post then try again. Then it will allow you to do so.