Do Missions Expire?

Sid1701d

Re: Do Missions Expire?

Post by Sid1701d »

Except for the harvest missions I never seen a farmer harvest a field, I think the fields just die, this is so the world is more realistic, with some live fields and some dead ones and I hardly ever see an empty field.

Edit: A good example if NPC farmers have 4 wheat and they are growing wheat will be at the lowest price, but if the NPC farmers have 4 wheat and 2 or dead, than wheat will be at average price, but when all 4 fields die wheat goes up. The NPC farmers may harvest their fields every now and than if the field registers as plowed, but if not they just let the crops die.

Edit 2: As far as NPC plowing fields, I am pretty sure if you have the plow mark on the field you get the extra 10% for that field even though it does not say on your map that its been plowed because you did not do it.
Straw-Walker

Post by Straw-Walker »

I was a bit puzzled when looking for harvesting missions recently and they kept saying 'no missions available' though I could do fertilizing and cultivation missions . However, could the answer be that it started to rain while I was searching? Do farmers get a weather forecast? If so, I think that's a nice touch.
Disk version, Update 1.4.4 on Win10 PC with Xbox controller.
http://www.g4mix.co.uk
summerrider

Post by summerrider »

Straw-Walker wrote:I was a bit puzzled when looking for harvesting missions recently and they kept saying 'no missions available' though I could do fertilizing and cultivation missions . However, could the answer be that it started to rain while I was searching? Do farmers get a weather forecast? If so, I think that's a nice touch.
Yes, the weather does effect the missions. If it's going to start raining before the mission would be over (even if you can finish the field before the rain would start) you will not be allowed to start the mission.
Straw-Walker

Post by Straw-Walker »

Yes, the weather does effect the missions. If it's going to start raining before the mission would be over (even if you can finish the field before the rain would start) you will not be allowed to start the mission.
Thanks, I really like that, just another neat touch of realism from Giants. :smileynew: .
Disk version, Update 1.4.4 on Win10 PC with Xbox controller.
http://www.g4mix.co.uk
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Dogface wrote:If a field, say #22, has a Mission, for instance "plow the field". If I chose to never do that mission and not plow that field, will it get done without me?
...and cycle to a new mission, probably cultivation.
I never bother with the ploughing in the missions because those long ploughs go all over the place and I miss bits. I prefer using the cultivator but in the missions they always offer us those long ploughs that go all over the place.
Uppik

Post by Uppik »

Would be nice if you could sell the fields back to the farmers