attaching a file

Lynn123

attaching a file

Post by Lynn123 »

alright this has nothing to do with FS17 but I tried to attach a file. a photo I took on my phone to show how many trees I got left to cut but every time I try to attach the photo it says this.

Error
------------------------------------------------------------------
Invalid file extension: IMG_0059.JPG

What am I doing wrong. Is attaching a photo that I took not allowed. It shouldn't be I seen photos in peoples comments
Just a farmer named Lynn. *thumbsup*
don_apple

Re: attaching a file

Post by don_apple »

If you want to post screenshots here please use the image server provided by Giants: viewtopic.php?f=829&t=88819

And btw. if you are playing on Windows/Mac OS X the game has a built in screenshot function, so you don't need to use your phone to take screenshots while playing.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Lynn123

Post by Lynn123 »

alright I went to the link and it worked. thanks
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Lynn123 wrote:alright I went to the link and it worked. thanks
Glad I could help. When posting the link to the image her, please use one of the "BBCode" strings that are given on the page that you get after you've uploaded the image instead of just copying and pasting the URL from the browser. I've just updated your post where you posted the image to show you what I mean.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Lynn123

Post by Lynn123 »

Oh thanks I'll definitely do that next time.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

don_apple wrote: And btw. if you are playing on Windows/Mac OS X the game has a built in screenshot function, so you don't need to use your phone to take screenshots while playing.
Lynn123 wrote:alright this has nothing to do with FS17 but I tried to attach a file. What am I doing wrong. Is attaching a photo that I took not allowed. It shouldn't be I seen photos in peoples comments
I believe Lynn is playing on the PS4??
If so your controller should have a Share Button. This should take a screenshot and it will upload to Facebook or Twitter, I'm not sure how you have yours set up, and I don't have a PS4- I'm just reading this on google.. Then as Don-apple says, you can upload that pic to the Giants image server.

And for those on Xbox, to take a screenshot, double-click the Xbox button, then select Y to save screenshot.
From there it gets tricky -
Go to Home. Select My Games & Apps.
Select Apps. Then choose Game DVR.
Select View All Captures, or select a specific game.
Choose On Xbox Live or On this Xbox.
Select the Photo you want then click Share.
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Lynn123

Post by Lynn123 »

mdoss wrote:
don_apple wrote: And btw. if you are playing on Windows/Mac OS X the game has a built in screenshot function, so you don't need to use your phone to take screenshots while playing.
Lynn123 wrote:alright this has nothing to do with FS17 but I tried to attach a file. What am I doing wrong. Is attaching a photo that I took not allowed. It shouldn't be I seen photos in peoples comments
I believe Lynn is playing on the PS4??
If so your controller should have a Share Button. This should take a screenshot and it will upload to Facebook or Twitter, I'm not sure how you have yours set up, and I don't have a PS4- I'm just reading this on google.. Then as Don-apple says, you can upload that pic to the Giants image server.

And for those on Xbox, to take a screenshot, double-click the Xbox button, then select Y to save screenshot.
From there it gets tricky -
Go to Home. Select My Games & Apps.
Select Apps. Then choose Game DVR.
Select View All Captures, or select a specific game.
Choose On Xbox Live or On this Xbox.
Select the Photo you want then click Share.
I do have a PS4 I just push the share button on the controller and it will screen shot the screen. I want a pc but not for sure what to get. There is a lot more options when buying a pc than buying a Xbox or ps4
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I do have a PS4 I just push the share button on the controller and it will screen shot the screen. I want a pc but not for sure what to get. There is a lot more options when buying a pc than buying a Xbox or ps4[/quote]

Get on you tube and watch some of Frankie's videos. He has a few pc reviews and you learn a lot listening to what he says about them imo. Here's a good recent one. https://youtu.be/FG-9uI6yT2Y
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Lynn123

Post by Lynn123 »

Preble 818 wrote:I do have a PS4 I just push the share button on the controller and it will screen shot the screen. I want a pc but not for sure what to get. There is a lot more options when buying a pc than buying a Xbox or ps4
Get on you tube and watch some of Frankie's videos. He has a few pc reviews and you learn a lot listening to what he says about them imo. Here's a good recent one. https://youtu.be/FG-9uI6yT2Y[/quote]
Alright I give it a look thanks
W1der

Post by W1der »

And also ...
Here is a "tutorial" about how to use "quotes" on this forum ... :mrgreen: *thumbsup*

viewtopic.php?f=897&t=107245

... *could not resist it* :blushnew: :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

W1der wrote:And also ...
Here is a "tutorial" about how to use "quotes" on this forum ... :mrgreen: *thumbsup*

viewtopic.php?f=897&t=107245

... *could not resist it* :blushnew: :lol:
Okay wise guy this happened a long time ago almost a month ago LOL it is pretty funny though.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.