how do prices evolve?

ouhaha

how do prices evolve?

Post by ouhaha »

Hi all,

I'm trying to maximize income. But I don't get how prices evolve in FS17. Can anybody explain?

In FS15 it was quite easy:
- whatever you sell, at the next hour, the price goes down AND other crops price go up. So sell as much as possible in 1 hour :)
- store quite some of different crops, then sell one after another, hour after hour. The price you get for the last one is absolute top.

In FS17:
- price go down when you sell. I don't see any impact on other crops.
- there are green/red/white prices, here and there a high demand (not always on the highest bidder).
- when saving/reloading game, prices are not the same as when saving.

Note: apparently price changes only when selling finishes -> for example if you can keep dropping with a conveyor belt (i.e. silage), the price doesn't change until the 'flow' stops.

What can I do to make prices go up?
RODHA

Re: how do prices evolve?

Post by RODHA »

ouhaha wrote:Note: apparently price changes only when selling finishes -> for example if you can keep dropping with a conveyor belt (i.e. silage), the price doesn't change until the 'flow' stops.
I think this is the key point as the prices change in minutes.
ouhaha wrote:What can I do to make prices go up?
As far as I know, nothing.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Bear in mind as well that great demand the price doesn't drop.
ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

Guil wrote:Bear in mind as well that great demand the price doesn't drop.
good to know :)
TheGhostGG

Post by TheGhostGG »

I was informed that it also is influenced by other fields planted by AI or whatever they are.

So if 7 fields of 15 are plenty Soybeans, the price will be low because of the high supply of planted Soybean fields. Hopefully you get what I'm saying!
Xbox One.

Add if you'd like, I would like multiplayer friends! GT: TheGhost GG
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Great demand doesn't drop the price when unloading, but it can change due to normal price changes. One time I had the demand price being there for a long time, and then it started going up again.

Great demand also doesn't mean you will get a highest price :P if it has started on a low red price, a normal green price can be higher then the high demand price.

A game session remembers the amount of stuff already sold, and thus prices go down for that stuff. But it resets always after a reload of the savegame.
PS4 player
Fight-Test

Post by Fight-Test »

Demand is based on what's currently growing on fields, not what your selling.

More fields you own, the more you can manipulate market.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Fight-Test wrote:Demand is based on what's currently growing on fields, not what your selling.

More fields you own, the more you can manipulate market.
So does this mean when there's a lot of crop on the fields the price goes down? I've had 170,000 liters of sunflowers for 5 days now. Only 1 price has been above a $1,000 and it was $1150 on normal. The last 2 days only one field was working sunflowers. It's getting maddening cause I need the money
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

I'll take a look into savegame files for information tonight :)

If I remember correctly, in FS13 or 15, there was a counter for every crop of how much you sold in total.
ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

ouhaha wrote:I'll take a look into savegame files for information tonight :)

If I remember correctly, in FS13 or 15, there was a counter for every crop of how much you sold in total.
It's not obvious what is kept. I see references to "plateau" and "normal".

It makes me feel like it's a 'normal' (= gaussian?) distribution, with extra plateaus ('lower' probably after some is sold?), but I can be completely wrong.
jaro76

Post by jaro76 »

One more question on the same subject:
Does anyone ever see green prices for wheat or barley on hard mode? I have played 200+ hours on hard (GCV and Lossberg) and did not notice those prices being green ever.
Same for woodchips and silage.
The latter i can understand (i am usually selling a lot of both), but straw harvest is minimal, and i am selling it rarely, so I am wandering if i am not patient enough, or is just not possible to see in hard mode
PS4
Alshain

Post by Alshain »

Guil wrote:Bear in mind as well that great demand the price doesn't drop.
It doesn't drop from delivering goods. It does still fluctuate up and down over time during the GD.
Alshain

Post by Alshain »

jaro76 wrote:One more question on the same subject:
Does anyone ever see green prices for wheat or barley on hard mode? I have played 200+ hours on hard (GCV and Lossberg) and did not notice those prices being green ever.
Same for woodchips and silage.
The latter i can understand (i am usually selling a lot of both), but straw harvest is minimal, and i am selling it rarely, so I am wandering if i am not patient enough, or is just not possible to see in hard mode
I never did. I suggest if you are on PC, download the Commodity Prices mod. It will keep records of highs and lows and you can decide what you think is an acceptable price to sell at based on that information.
jaro76

Post by jaro76 »

Alshain wrote: I suggest if you are on PC, download the Commodity Prices mod.
PS4, so not an option.

Well, looks like I'll need to manually record, what I have seen so far tops are around 400 for wheat and barley, 200 for woodchips and 350 for silage on hard
PS4