how do prices evolve?

Guil

Re: how do prices evolve?

Post by Guil »

Alshain wrote:
Guil wrote:Bear in mind as well that great demand the price doesn't drop.
It doesn't drop from delivering goods. It does still fluctuate up and down over time during the GD.
You know what I meant.
svendiggler11

Post by svendiggler11 »

I have just noticed a slight pattern. I chose to have soybeans in 3 of my 4 fields. Done 2 full rotations i.e plant/fertilise/harvest/store then repeated and had circa 51000l in silo. The price of soybeans went as high as I have ever seen in my game - £1572l.

Having read this thread previously before selling I had a look around....only 1 other field on the whole of GCV had soybeans. Clearly affected the price. I sold the lot and prices went down across all suppliers, £1200ish was highest. This was not due to my sale but I think was due to the fact that upon checking the crop map, 3 of the largest fields on GCV were now showing as soybean fields, which upon checking had all just been planted (I teleported to each to check growth stage).

As my fields are relatively small I clearly am not going to maximise profit from soybeans in my next crop so I done some deductions on the crop map to see which crop is planted the least. Upon checking it was Wheat, with only 1 field planted. I checked the price of wheat it is £790l. This is the highest I have seen.

Going to keep an eye on this and do more checks. But economy looks to react as soon as fields have been planted, must be able to calculate out turn yields
ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

svendiggler11 wrote:I have just noticed a slight pattern. I chose to have soybeans in 3 of my 4 fields. Done 2 full rotations i.e plant/fertilise/harvest/store then repeated and had circa 51000l in silo. The price of soybeans went as high as I have ever seen in my game - £1572l.

Having read this thread previously before selling I had a look around....only 1 other field on the whole of GCV had soybeans. Clearly affected the price. I sold the lot and prices went down across all suppliers, £1200ish was highest. This was not due to my sale but I think was due to the fact that upon checking the crop map, 3 of the largest fields on GCV were now showing as soybean fields, which upon checking had all just been planted (I teleported to each to check growth stage).

As my fields are relatively small I clearly am not going to maximise profit from soybeans in my next crop so I done some deductions on the crop map to see which crop is planted the least. Upon checking it was Wheat, with only 1 field planted. I checked the price of wheat it is £790l. This is the highest I have seen.

Going to keep an eye on this and do more checks. But economy looks to react as soon as fields have been planted, must be able to calculate out turn yields
interesting view. From previous comments it didn't look like there is a link between prices and what is planted (see youtube link). That person planted the whole map with 1 crop, and the price was nothing special.

But I get what you say, it looks like planting is making effect. To be checked! Keep us updated.
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

Best defense is a good offense....

Need to maintain a little of every crop and play the prices as they go up. Your not going to be able to drop millions of pounds like in FS15 either, unless you like giving it away. Price records to me don't mean much if you need the cash now. You just need to get what you can. Waiting for only high demand periods to sell will make you go broke.

If you maintain a little of everything like 100K of each product then this will allow you to dump at least 1 tipper or maybe 2 dependent upon price and tipper dump size before the price drops below what you'll except. If you can maintain more all the better. In the end this is like the stock market now. You won't time every entry correctly, you'll have winners and losers. But in the end it will balance out.