Fertilization confusion

Octopuss

Fertilization confusion

Post by Octopuss »

I understand the concept, but the details are extremely confusing.
Could anyone explain this to me?
Spreaders/sprinklers are self-explanatory. So is manure/slurry and compost. It's when oilseed radish and weeders come in that I get lost. I read conflicting informations about the possibility of combining the various methods (like that you can do two out of the three steps in one go if doing this or that...).
I have the 3 step fertilization enabled so I'd like to understand what my choices are.
I'm just starting out so the more advanced methods are not available yet, but I'd like to understand the whole thing well enough so I can make the correct choices later on too.
juf.de

Re: Fertilization confusion

Post by juf.de »

Between two fertilizations needs to be one work stage (e.g.: cultivating, plowing, seeding) or one growth stage.
Every kind of fertilization has the same output, so you can fertilize the field 3 times with manure or 2 times with mineral fertilizer and one time with dung.

Oilseed Radish (OSR) is a fruit has only one growing stage, when it grew, run overit with a cultivator or sowing machine with direct seeding and the OSR transforms into on fertilization stage.

Weeder also does one fertilization stage, one of them is currently buggy and can be used on ever growth stage. Without bug they are intended to be used only once after the first growth stage of a fruit.

The easiest method to get the 3 stages would be a sowing machine with direct seeding and fertilization (Horsch Pronto 9 DC), then use it once for OSR and after it had grown for your desired fruit.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

Yes the fastest method to plant and fertilise a crop is to use the Horsch Pronto DC9.

So you harvest, then plow if you need to.

After that, you plant OSR (+1 fertiliser from the seeder).
Wait until OSR has reached first growth stage
Go over the OSR with the Horsch DC9 again, planting your main crop.
Since this seeder cultivates as well, you get +1 fertiliser from cultivating the OSR.
You also get +1 fertiliser from the fertiliser in the seeder again.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
BrettDavid

Post by BrettDavid »

Someone a while back posted this method and i think it works great: after harvest fertilize with manure, cultivate, then fertilize with slurry, the plant with fertilizer. 3 steps of fertilizer before geowth starts then u dont have to worry about it again til harvest.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Or after a harvest use the slurry injecter cultivator
dazdaman2014

Post by dazdaman2014 »

i just use fertilizer after sowing takes all the confusion out of it
Roktaal

Post by Roktaal »

My method is:
1. After harvest, go over with the weeder
2. Plow + Cultivate
3. Fertilize with slurry
4. Seed with mineral fertilizer
garyst

Post by garyst »

Here is what I like to do. First for corn I plant with fertilizer, pass the weeder ( which by the way I like to make believe is a sidedresser, use a tractor with care wheels and front tank hitched to it just to pretend), and last spray. For soybeans I plant with fertilizer, then spray twice, for wheat I plant with fertilizer, top dress with dry fertilizer, then spray. For canola ( for which I pretend is milo) I spray before planting, plant with fertilizer, then pass the pretend sidedresser ( weeder, lol). barley ( pretend rice) pass the concrete mod rollers, plant with fertilizer, then top dress dry fertilizer. Last poplars (pretend sugarcane) just top dress with dry fertilizer even though it doesn't really fertilize the crop just for fun. Well this is how I fertilize, I try to farm and do my field practices as close as I can to how it is done in my area. Hoping milo, rice, and sugarcane, make it onto the game someday so I don't have to pretend anymore :lol:
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Octopuss wrote:It's when oilseed radish and weeders come in that I get lost.
Weeders say that they only work on the 1st growth stage (after germination), but they also work:
1) after harvest
2) after plow
3) after cultivation.

However, You can't use a helper with any of those extra phases, just during that one growth stage.

But as you can see, you can get full fertilization using nothing but the weeder! Weeders are a Very great tool for those on a budget!!
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

mdoss wrote:Weeders are a Very great tool for those on a budget!!
Until they get fixed in the next patch, that is ;-)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

juf.de wrote:Until they get fixed in the next patch, that is ;-)
Noooooooooooooooo!!
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

Octopuss wrote:I understand the concept, but the details are extremely confusing.
Could anyone explain this to me?
Spreaders/sprinklers are self-explanatory. So is manure/slurry and compost. It's when oilseed radish and weeders come in that I get lost. I read conflicting informations about the possibility of combining the various methods (like that you can do two out of the three steps in one go if doing this or that...).
I have the 3 step fertilization enabled so I'd like to understand what my choices are.
I'm just starting out so the more advanced methods are not available yet, but I'd like to understand the whole thing well enough so I can make the correct choices later on too.
All of that is broken on XB1, your fields do not yield anymore then if you fertilize just the one time and have plowing turned off, also your fields don't yield anymore with a cover crop either. Not on XB1 I tested it before the patch and we all tested it after the patch AND it still does not work like it should.

Bottom line:
1. Plant NO cover crop.
2.Keep fertilize on 1.
3.Keep plowing off.

All of these great ideas DO NOT WORK on XB1.
Don't believe me...do the testing for yourself its free, very time consuming but its all broken.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

It's not broken, it's an intended feature. If you want to fert 3 times and plow you can and if you don't you switch it how you want. Giants gave us the option because if they made it mandatory others would Bratwurst about that too. Bottom line it's not broke you just have options.
PS4
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Roktaal wrote:My method is:
1. After harvest, go over with the weeder
2. Plow + Cultivate
3. Fertilize with slurry
4. Seed with mineral fertilizer
You say that you fertilize (with slurry) after the cultivation and then you use a seeder with fertilizer, which gives you 2 fertilization stages? Interesting, I've never tested that. I fertilize before cultivating and then with the seeder.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

The sowing machines with direct seeding function are technically seeding before they are fertilizing
Playing on PC