Straw For Animals

ffmfd180

Straw For Animals

Post by ffmfd180 »

Question...When giving straw to the pigs and cows does it have to be loose or can it be bailed? I haven't tried bales but didn't want to invest in baling equipment if it didn't work. I know these would be added steps.
Xbox One player
Denhalen

Re: Straw For Animals

Post by Denhalen »

Straw can be both loose (pickup up by a forage wagon) and baled. When you bale your straw is can be either given to the animals by using the Straw blower (Kuhn PRIMOR 15070) or just with a front loader with a bale spike.
Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

ffmfd180 wrote:Question...When giving straw to the pigs and cows does it have to be loose or can it be bailed? I haven't tried bales but didn't want to invest in baling equipment if it didn't work. I know these would be added steps.
Easiest way is to use a collector trailer and just dump it straight out of the trailer, bails are for a more realistic approach. I always use the collector trailer but do get myself around 40 bales just in case (and for a more realistic feel in the map)
Xbox one: bradleyson666
Any questions, ask away.
be polite and respectful.
ffmfd180

Post by ffmfd180 »

Kinda what I was hoping for as well was a more realistic feel. Thanks for the advice
Xbox One player
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

I think it depends on the map!!

For instance, Chellington will not take bales of any sort, for feed or straw - pigs, cows, or sheep. They have to be shredded in a mixer wagon/bale shredder or given loose straw/grass/hay/silage...

Goldcrest Valley will take any bale at any of the animal triggers, I believe..

So I guess it's however the modder defines the trigger as far as what it will accept..??
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

mdoss wrote:I think it depends on the map!!

For instance, Chellington will not take bales of any sort, for feed or straw - pigs, cows, or sheep. They have to be shredded in a mixer wagon/bale shredder or given loose straw/grass/hay/silage...

Goldcrest Valley will take any bale at any of the animal triggers, I believe..

So I guess it's however the modder defines the trigger as far as what it will accept..??
By your description, i think so.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

mdoss wrote:I think it depends on the map!!

Ah, that's why I thought it was so odd some people said just throw a bale in there. I even had to reload cause there was no other way those 2 bales would get out of the pigpen :P
PS4 player