torchead89

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by torchead89 »

I have made Silage. where do i sell it?
:hmm:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

torchead89, here is a tutorial how to sell silage with the wheel loader: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeQmLbPjKb0 and with the conveyor belts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l5i1e2v1VU
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Yetti19966

Post by Yetti19966 »

I am experiencing really bad lag when I play Farming Simulator 2017 on my ps4 . Can anyone tell me what is causing this and how do I get the problem corrected so that I can enjoy the game .
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

What are the symptoms of the lag? Is the lag related to only parts of the map or is it present throughout the map? If the lag is present in only a few spots on the map, do you have large amounts of equipment or bales in a certain area? Does the lag go away if you start a new savegame on the same map? Or how about on a different map?

If you were on PC, we would tell you to post your log so we can better understand what is going on. But since you are on console, I kind of have to stab in the dark with various questions to help you out. Also, this question may be better suited for the Technical Problems section.
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Yetti19966

Post by Yetti19966 »

I have experienced thru all the maps that I play American outback presently I don't have quite the lag that the other players I play with experience but I do experience some lag it gets so bad you are unable to drive straight down the road . I have most of my equipment in one spot so I know what I have does this hurt the game ?
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

Two things come to mind:
- You could have too many mods installed. If you don't have them activated in your savegame, the game will still load those mods (this happens on PC as well)
- If you have a large amount of equipment in one spot, spread them out a bit.

If that doesn't help, then here is a little PC trick that might get a bit tedious on consoles though but should help none the less. Remove all of your mods, including the map you are playing right now. Then add the mods one by one testing each in a fresh savegame on a default map to see if the lag reduces/goes away. Or you can try the map by itself with no other mods first and see if your lag persists. Then add your mods in one by one.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
Yetti19966

Post by Yetti19966 »

how do I disable the auto-save feature I am playing on the game with a ps4 console....
Guil

Post by Guil »

There is no autosave on ps4.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Yetti19966, are you talking about Multiplayer? If so, you have to quit the game, restart the server as you would to start one, then just tap the arrow to turn "Auto-Save" off. Maybe PS4's don't have that option, but PC users do.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Erica Von

trees yu cant cut down

Post by Erica Von »

Some trees i cant cut down how come?
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

Depends upon what you are using and what tree you are trying to cut down. This of course assumes that your game is working properly to begin with.

A chainsaw can be used to cut down any tree of any shape or size regardless. This is the inexpensive way, but also the most labor intensive option as you will have to manually cut the limbs off and gauge the length of logs.

A tree harvesting machine like the Ponsse Scorpion King or the Sampo Rosenlew HR46X can only cut pines and spruces (or rather the conifer trees, needle-leafed trees, you know Christmas trees that have grown up :) ) These machines cannot cut down any of the deciduous trees and poplars regardless. However, while Ponsse can cut any size of the conifers, the Sampo Rosenlew can only cut the smaller of the conifers.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Just using a chain saw it a tall tree on my farm near a building. I cant get that blue cut marker.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I have another question - Can I improve the render distance somehow? I was playing the Pacific Inlet Logging map and it was really annoying because the trees weren't loading in fast enough, making it look like a flat land with nothing there.
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

@Erica: Lining up the chainsaw properly can be a bit tricky. To start, you need to turn the chainsaw on its side using the left or right mouse buttons and moving the mouse (this is for PC, I don't know the console controls someone else will have to help me on this part). It is best to position the chainsaw somewhere to the right of the trunk, so that the blue circle will show up.

@Mouse: If you are on PC, look under Options -> Graphics -> Advanced Graphics. There should be a setting for LOD Distance or something similar. You can try messing with those. Console settings might be the same or completely different (again someone can help me out on this part).
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

It can be tricky alright, when i played fs15 on PS3, everything was going great, but i cut a tree, but it wouldn't fall, turns out, you need it sideways all the way for it to fall.