New to farming? Ask questions here:

El3mentGamer

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by El3mentGamer »

I felt like this belonged here over anywhere else. So I just bought the mod pull-behind forage harvester from the Old MF pack, pulling a loading wagon behind it..

I started on one field of corn, the wagon filled as it should to about 25% full; realizing not all of the field was ready for harvest yet. So I moved down the road. Upon starting this other field... I noticed the corn was being harvested but the wagon was not filling up. The chaff is not on the ground. I figure to troubleshoot unattached everything one by one. Turned off, folded up, etc the harvester.

Now the stinking thing won't even 'pipe out' and still won't fill my wagon.

What gives?
Last edited by El3mentGamer on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
PS4: EL3MENTGAMER // GÓRALE - FS17 // SEASONS
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

There are two harvesters in that pack. Where you using the proper one?
Mattp000

Post by Mattp000 »

Hi, I was just wondering if there is a way to make room on the ps4 for more mods? after I download so many, it says system storage is full even tho my ps4 has over 200 gigs of space left.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Mattp000 wrote:Hi, I was just wondering if there is a way to make room on the ps4 for more mods? after I download so many, it says system storage is full even tho my ps4 has over 200 gigs of space left.
It dont work like that man, in the in game modhub, you'll see a system storage with a %, you have 4 gigabytes of mods to download.
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

Nigelbilt wrote:There are two harvesters in that pack. Where you using the proper one?
Of course! I'm harvesting corn chaff. Using the one with snouts, that looks like a corn head.

It displays the animation of harvesting corn, but does not fill wagon. And as I said.. now it won't even let me turn the spout around towards the wagon.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

El3mentGamer wrote:
Nigelbilt wrote:There are two harvesters in that pack. Where you using the proper one?
Of course! I'm harvesting corn chaff. Using the one with snouts, that looks like a corn head.

It displays the animation of harvesting corn, but does not fill wagon. And as I said.. now it won't even let me turn the spout around towards the wagon.
Are you using a loading wagon or a tipper? Sounds like the forage harvester doesn't recognise the wagon as something it can load chaff into or it thinks its full. Suggest trying a different tipper.
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

FarmerJimbob wrote:Are you using a loading wagon or a tipper? Sounds like the forage harvester doesn't recognise the wagon as something it can load chaff into or it thinks its full. Suggest trying a different tipper.
The cheapest loading wagon, by Pottinger. Makes me wonder why it filled to 25% and then just stopped?
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

El3mentGamer wrote:
FarmerJimbob wrote:Are you using a loading wagon or a tipper? Sounds like the forage harvester doesn't recognise the wagon as something it can load chaff into or it thinks its full. Suggest trying a different tipper.
The cheapest loading wagon, by Pottinger. Makes me wonder why it filled to 25% and then just stopped?
If you are using a loading wagon it pickup up something in the field its self ( you were no loading it with harvester ) you need a tipper type wagon for using a harvester.
PC/Xbox1
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

El3mentGamer wrote:
Yeah that is weird tho I have read about issues with certain trailers and chaff fill levels. Try it with a tipper, you can get a better capacity for the same money as a loading wagon anyway and you can re-use it for grain transport.
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

Oh okay! I'll either spit it on the ground and use loading wagon, or buy a tipper. Probably buy a tipper for how cheap and convenient they are.

Will test out this evening. Thanks for the suggestions; I suppose I just assumed the loading wagon would work as they're kind of geared towards forage :P
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I've always used tippers, never really thought about using a loading wagon or even looking to notice that they will handle chaff, so you've taught me something there.
wurzelgumage

Post by wurzelgumage »

My grandson is coming to stay for a few days , can you suggest a map suitable for him to drive round as I think at 7 he is a bit young to cope with the complexities of the farmers life?
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

wurzelgumage wrote:My grandson is coming to stay for a few days , can you suggest a map suitable for him to drive round as I think at 7 he is a bit young to cope with the complexities of the farmers life?
Who Dat Who Der Ranch - he can drive the train around the whole map!
Progeekzy

Post by Progeekzy »

Is there a way to turn hay bales back into loose grass so i can make silage?
summerrider

Post by summerrider »

There is a bale shredder, but I'm not sure that it would come out as grass, probably hay still.