New to farming? Ask questions here:

Bradleyson

New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Bradleyson »

So as we are all aware, we get a lot of new threads asking various questions. Please use this thread to ask questions about fs17. At least with one thread we can follow it a lot easier and help anyone that needs it. Thank you
Last edited by Bradleyson on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnDeere318

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Antosa wrote:And please, can any mod make it sticky??
+1 from me. *thumbsup*
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Christopher73

Post by Christopher73 »

+1 me too.
Playing on PS4
Tonille

Post by Tonille »

How do I pick up the left overs from wheat, what machine do I use? Thanks
markare

Post by markare »

Tonille wrote:How do I pick up the left overs from wheat, what machine do I use? Thanks
With this im guessing you mean the straw that gets ejected from the harvester when you first use it ? If so a bailing matching or a collector wagon will pick it up. If you don't want that to appear there is an option tin disable straw swath when you use the combine for then first time.
If that's not what you mean then I'm sorry I am unsure what to do :confusednew: but that's what I think you mean anyway
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
TwoPints

Post by TwoPints »

Hello

I've been playing Farming Simulator for a month or so now and seem to be getting on OK. Just one question though? What's the point of baling straw? It just seems to add cost (buying a baler and collector) and takes more time. I just follow the harvester around with a forage wagon (I think that's what they're called) and store the straw I want and sell the rest. Am I missing something but not having a baler?

Cheers

Two Pints
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Baling is just an extra step if you feel like doing it. It can be profitable if you wrap the round bales and sell them to your barn. Otherwise just a forage wagon is fine.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
TwoPints

Post by TwoPints »

*thumbsup* Thanks
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

TwoPints wrote:Hello

I've been playing Farming Simulator for a month or so now and seem to be getting on OK. Just one question though? What's the point of baling straw? It just seems to add cost (buying a baler and collector) and takes more time. I just follow the harvester around with a forage wagon (I think that's what they're called) and store the straw I want and sell the rest. Am I missing something but not having a baler?

Cheers

Two Pints
In RL its a compact way to store straw, its easier to transport around your farm for feeding animals etc, plus alot sell on to business's like power plants and they will only except bales
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
Dfarmer36

Post by Dfarmer36 »

So I downloaded the place able sawmill mod but no matter what map I pull up or how much room I clear for it only an empty circle shows up on my screen and I have no idea to go with this....any ideas? Have downloaded 3 from different sites to see if any difference and there is none
Dairy farmer by day Xbox/pc user by night
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

Dfarmer36 wrote:So I downloaded the place able sawmill mod but no matter what map I pull up or how much room I clear for it only an empty circle shows up on my screen and I have no idea to go with this....any ideas? Have downloaded 3 from different sites to see if any difference and there is none
What do you mean when only an empty circle appears? It could be that mod has a dependency on another mod such as Universal Processing Kit (UPK) that may or may not be stated in the mod description. Or it could be mod that was not made properly for some reason ...
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Dfarmer36

Post by Dfarmer36 »

leifege640 wrote:
Dfarmer36 wrote:So I downloaded the place able sawmill mod but no matter what map I pull up or how much room I clear for it only an empty circle shows up on my screen and I have no idea to go with this....any ideas? Have downloaded 3 from different sites to see if any difference and there is none
What do you mean when only an empty circle appears? It could be that mod has a dependency on another mod such as Universal Processing Kit (UPK) that may or may not be stated in the mod description. Or it could be mod that was not made properly for some reason ...
I did not read anything when downloading that I needed upk. So after I download that do I have to do anything special with it to allow the sawmill to work or after I place the file in the game it will work on it own?
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

Nope, it should be plug-and-play.
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Dfarmer36

Post by Dfarmer36 »

Well that is awesome thank you I can't wait to try that tonight. Looking forward to running my own mill
FlyFisherman

Potatoes....where to seel them?

Post by FlyFisherman »

Hello I just harvested my potatoe crop and went to store them in my silos.. they are not acepted there.....so where to I sell them then? thanks