New to farming? Ask questions here:

Nigelbilt

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Nigelbilt »

Regrow maybe?
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Zachary133 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:48 am Do poplers really grow or do I have to replant
If I'm understanding your question correctly, I believe they need to be replanted after you harvest them. IIRC, grass and sugarcane are the only crops that regrow after being harvested.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
NowHeresRoy

Post by NowHeresRoy »

Zachary133 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:48 am Do poplers really grow or do I have to replant
If you wish to spend a little time and effort you can easily change poplars to make them grow back after harvesting.
Check this out
https://www.fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=195673.0
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
SteveValek

Post by SteveValek »

Turbojugend wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:14 pm Is there any way to obtain straw other than waiting for my wheat/barley harvest? I just started on a new map with all fields cleared and would like to get into animal husbandry (I haven't even touched this yet!), but it seems like it will take ages to get the straw for the bedding.

Actually,I'm on BallyCraig Farm,and new to Animal Husbandry myself,and my simple question is...

Do the animals die...i.e 0% and can never recover?
I've got 10 cows and 5 sheep at about 70% health,and just sowed,so is it ok to just wait until harvest time without worrying?
Or get the MOD for instant Straw/Hay/Grass?

I'm on Xbox One
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

With seasons installed, they will die. They have health instead of productivity. Without seasons it’s just productivity that suffers.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

^^Unless playing on easy with seasons, then they will just drop to 0% health. On normal or hard when they reach 0% I think the number of animals starts to drop, effectively they are dying.

If you are on seasons and don’t have any food for the animals they will likely drop to 0 or die quicker than you can grow stuff for them. Also they regain health very slowly (like 1-2% per day) so it’s not a good idea having animals until you can cater for all their needs.
SteveValek

Post by SteveValek »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:20 pm ^^Unless playing on easy with seasons, then they will just drop to 0% health. On normal or hard when they reach 0% I think the number of animals starts to drop, effectively they are dying.

If you are on seasons and don’t have any food for the animals they will likely drop to 0 or die quicker than you can grow stuff for them. Also they regain health very slowly (like 1-2% per day) so it’s not a good idea having animals until you can cater for all their needs.
Thanks

Playing on "Hard"difficulty,so I soon discovered today,it was best to sell All 25 cows,then wait until fields were prepared ...

Still,it's a good experience and learning curve!
SteveValek

Post by SteveValek »

I'm going crazy here,but how many maps have no floor markings for feeding animals?

I found the Cow feeding area by accident,and have driven around the sheep enclosure and through it,but it's not taking my grass bales.
I'm on BallyCraig,and can't see me fitting a pottinger loading wagon in,if I need to feed loose grass,so I'm not sure where I've got to drop feed...

Any ideas ?
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Sheep feeding is in the shed with the sheep not the one across from the silage clamp at the end of the building, the other one. Cow straw goes in the shed to the right of the cow feeding are, the room with the garden hose at the back. If you don’t have enough sheep, they won’t take a bale. The trough capacity is less than a full bale.
SteveValek

Post by SteveValek »

Nigelbilt wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:22 pm Sheep feeding is in the shed with the sheep not the one across from the silage clamp at the end of the building, the other one. Cow straw goes in the shed to the right of the cow feeding are, the room with the garden hose at the back. If you don’t have enough sheep, they won’t take a bale. The trough capacity is less than a full bale.
Thank you *thumbsup*
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

No worries
BigTex114

Question about the editor...

Post by BigTex114 »

I'm playing with a blank map and I painted some terrain with rough mud and now I can't get rid of it. I've painted over it with grass and it shows as grass close up but when I pan out the mud reappears. I've tried subtract, remove, everything I can think of. Just can't get rid of it. Any ideas?

Edit: I just imported an object into the game and restarted and now the mud is gone. Don't understand it.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

You should try posting in the modding section
XBOX/ FS22
Lysa

Post by Lysa »

I haven't played with animals yet, only arable, so I'm wondering which way is the better way to go about feeding etc.

a] mower & baler & bale wrapper & bale trailer.

b] forage harvester & tipper.

c] mower & forage wagon.

:)
SteveValek

Post by SteveValek »

Lysa wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:13 pm I haven't played with animals yet, only arable, so I'm wondering which way is the better way to go about feeding etc.

a] mower & baler & bale wrapper & bale trailer.

b] forage harvester & tipper.

c] mower & forage wagon.

:)
I'm not well experienced with Animal Husbandry,but advice is plan well ahead!
Decide what storage space you have,what animals you want,and afford what can make you do the job quicker!

I read that with grass,you can attach a front mower,with a forage wagon behind,saving time and effort