New to farming? Ask questions here:

juf.de

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by juf.de »

without mods your speed limiter is "3", you decease the top speed with "1" and increase it with "2"
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
countryboy1951

Post by countryboy1951 »

Problems with KUHN SW 4014
When trying to wrap a square bale I get a message saying "this bale not supported" Is there something special I should do? Please help me out with this.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

without any mods, only haybales can be wrapped, grass bales and straw bales won't be accepted

edit: i mixed them up: correct is: only grass can be wrapped, but not hay or straw.
Last edited by juf.de on Thu May 10, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
frank2231

Post by frank2231 »

juf.de wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:44 pm without mods your speed limiter is "3", you decease the top speed with "1" and increase it with "2"
Thank you for your help. I needed more patience with the cruise control. *thumbsup*
kane1973

Post by kane1973 »

juf.de wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:08 pm without any mods, only haybales can be wrapped, grass bales and straw bales won't be accepted
I thought grassbales can be wrapped. No mods,DLC is needed. Kuhn pack
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

ah sorry, yes you are right, i mixed those two up
Playing on PC
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

A couple of questions for you experts!

1) I've sowed grass as I want to get some sheep. Even though there is grass growing in the field, the map shows the field as having no crop? Also, how long should it be before I mow it?

2) Can I buy manure and slurry (I have no animals currently) and if so where?

Many thanks in advance,

BoxTunnel, absolutely loving this game!
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

On standard maps, you can't buy manure or slurry, but there are mods on PC that will let you do that. Sussex farm has a buy point for them. As for the grass, make sure you click grass the fruit menu (where it shows the maps and then what's growing, you can click the crops and it will show or hide it on the map), as I think it's hidden by default.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Smith Modding wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:57 pm On standard maps, you can't buy manure or slurry, but there are mods on PC that will let you do that. Sussex farm has a buy point for them. As for the grass, make sure you click grass the fruit menu (where it shows the maps and then what's growing, you can click the crops and it will show or hide it on the map), as I think it's hidden by default.
Thank you.

I should have mentioned I am playing on PC in Goldcrest Valley, so I guess I can't buy manure and slurry then. No organic farm for me yet!

I will try clicking on the grass, cheers.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Grass can be cut every 24 hours. At least the free grass around the farms. I have never planted grass, so not sure if it has same cycle.
FS-19 (PC)
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

So see where grass is growing you have to activate the grass icon next to the map.
Without mods you can't buy slurry/manure.
But workers can be set to 'buy' manure and slurry, you can find this in the in-game settings.

Good luck!
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Hi,
Im new to FS17 and play on console, very happy with the mods but i need advice please, im playing on Sussex Farm with seasons and loving it. I decided to place a lizard small storage (default in game item)shed by the sheep to hold hay bales, (sounds like a good idea), but reading the seasons help it says that hay and straw are affected by rain, no problem says I a shed will work, BUT after i placed it and it rained some one didnt fix the roof and it rained inside, as its a place able will the rain degrade my hay or is it just a graphic thing because i think the Sussex Farm map is seasons ready and snow mask, can anyone help with " any placed item will protect goods even if it shows the rain coming through the roof"
Thanks in advance
You keep a Troshin :hi:
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

This is just a graphic problem, all sheds will save your bales from the rain!
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Wow..thanks for the quick reply..and thanks makes a big difference for my way of farming
You keep a Troshin :hi:
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

I read (on steam I think) that I could lower the tailgate of the pickup using the left mouse button. I'm on PC and have the base game with the Lizard Rodeo but this doesn't seem to work, so is it not possible?