New to farming? Ask questions here:

eric21

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by eric21 »

Hairy Bob wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:37 pm Money cheat!
Failing that, silage or logging. My preferred method is silage bales, but you play your own game!
Money cheat? Hea playing on hard not cheating
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

He asked for a quick way to make money! Now that I think about it, istr hearing that money cheats don't work on hard mode...
Tbh I don't think the different levels should be labelled as difficulties, they are more to do with pacing. The game doesn't get any harder to play, it just takes longer to progress.
Seasons is more like hard mode IMO.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Jamiephilips23

Post by Jamiephilips23 »

I am thinking silage bails they don’t take long and just lease the equipment and send it back there is a few big grass feilds on the bsm map
Massive thanks to all console modders out there!! *thumbsup*
PSN; scottish_bawbag_
My PS4 Community; All Aspects Of Farming :hi:
NateS

Post by NateS »

Also, finding all 100 gold nuggets nets you a cool $1,000,000. That's enough to upgrade/buy a good chunk of what you need. Took me about an hour to find them on TVTOF today.
PC & PS4
Diggity

straw yields

Post by Diggity »

Straw and fertilizer?

Does fertilization impact the straw yield or only the grain yield from wheat or barley?
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Just the grain yield.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
MikeFlu

Post by MikeFlu »

BigC92 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:26 am
MikeFlu wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:17 pm Not really a question, but I just got the game a couple days ago and I've become addicted. I've added some mods and, being from the US, I'm really liking the US Outback map. I just completed my first attempt at stacking round bales of straw on a wagon and thought I'd share a couple screenshots. I can't wait til I can afford a loader with four wheel steering, but this is definitely a great way to learn precision control of a tractor. It's not perfect, but it was my first try. It did take about 2 hours, not including planting, fertilizing and harvesting the barley, then bailing the straw. Thanks for looking.

That looks great, but i love SP better, because you have better control over your vehicles, on MP there everywhere, they act like there driving on ice.
I'm kind of a newbie. What is SP?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Single Player.
luna845

No refill option for slurry tanker spreaders

Post by luna845 »

I am unable to obtain the refill option in the help menu to fill these newly bought vehicles with slurry, the zunhammer and veenhuis slurry tankers. The help menu shows 2 messages. 1 The digestate level is 0%. 2 You need to refill the tool first. Do these messages tell me the slurry pool is empty. I have checked the tanker is selected with the G key, and that I am parked in the correct area. Would appreciate any help with this problem.
NateS

Re: No refill option for slurry tanker spreaders

Post by NateS »

luna845 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:16 pm I am unable to obtain the refill option in the help menu to fill these newly bought vehicles with slurry, the zunhammer and veenhuis slurry tankers. The help menu shows 2 messages. 1 The digestate level is 0%. 2 You need to refill the tool first. Do these messages tell me the slurry pool is empty. I have checked the tanker is selected with the G key, and that I am parked in the correct area. Would appreciate any help with this problem.
Yes, the digestate level at 0% means there is none so you can't fill your tool.
PC & PS4
Sir Ironoak

Post by Sir Ironoak »

REALISTIC DRIVINGPATTERN?

First, I do apologize if this has been covered somewhere on the forum. In that case I haven't been able to find it. I'm trying to find a somewhat realistic way to play the game but I simply haven't got the know-how! :D

My question is: What is a realistic drivingpattern when working a field?
For instance, if I plow field 11 on the beautiful West Coast Map with a Fendt 724 and a Lemken Diamond 12?

My followup question is; would a realistic drivingpattern change if I was using a different plow? Or a completely different tool, say a sowing-machine?

Edit: Are there any "general rules" that can be applied to figure this kind of thing out?
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Normally with ploughing, you go up and down leaving about two rows as headlands to do last. Every Other tool you can do up to two headlands first, then up and down.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Train Doctor

Post by Train Doctor »

Hello all
I am new to FS I see tracks of FS 18 but not sure if it is for the PC with windows, I do see the 17 but would like to get the latest version possible
Can anyone set me str8 on what is available and if 18 is not ,,,, when is it expected??
I apologize if this is a common question, I sorta looked for it but impatient is I.
Thanks for your help.
LC
Guil

Post by Guil »

18 is for mobile and handheld devices. Fs17 is the latest edition on PC.
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

The trend for the last few years has been: Even numbered years (eg 16, 18) are mobile releases, and odd numbers are the pc (e.g. 15, 17). Pc versions run around 2 years from there release with a major expansion one year in (see platinum edition this year) before the next version is released.

This could of course change (though I personally don't see a need for that). But so if you look back at the older versions for whatever reasons (they are still played) you should be able to tell which is what platform. :)
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb