New to farming? Ask questions here:

mrprez

Re: Property income

Post by mrprez »

jinx3230 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 pm i'm not new to the FS17 game,but there is something that has always made me think,now i don't know if it's the same on the pc[i don't have that version of the game],on the FINANCES sub menu page in game,it does list what your property earns in a day that bit i understand,but not why it fluctuates for example,
{i can't put screen shot up}
Monday ,£27,054,000
Tuesday ,£24,048,000
Wednesday ,£24,048,000
Thursday ,40,048,000
Today ,1,002,000
i haven't placed anymore property that generates an income but thursday is nearly double,has anyone else noticed this in their game and can explain what is going on

Post your images per this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=852&t=88819
diar1410

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by diar1410 »

I have a question because some tractors when it reaches its maximum speed the wheels or rims seem not to turn frozen are almost always the front while the rear rear are more normal at maximum speed.
I speak Spanish, sorry for my English... PS5
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

This is a visual effect, which can be observed in real life aswell
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

diar1410 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:09 pm I have a question because some tractors when it reaches its maximum speed the wheels or rims seem not to turn frozen are almost always the front while the rear rear are more normal at maximum speed.

Consider a wheel with just 4 spokes at 90 degrees to eachother, for simplicity.

Your eyes / cameras and such perceive motion through series of 'snapshots' (frames on a film). If you see a spoke in nearly the same place as before, you would assume it is moving and has moved only by "that much".

If the wheel spins in a way that each frame shows the same alignment of the spokes, the spokes appear to stand still. For our example wheel, that's some multiple of 90 degrees per-frame (including 0 and negatives for opposite-direction spins).

If the wheel spins in a way that every second frame does that, the wheel will appear to be spinning at its fastest. The other frames will also show the same picture as eachother but the alignment will be half-way which in this case is 45 + a multiple of 90 degrees.

The important thing to keep track of is how much each spoke appears to move by between each frame. If it's as much as the angle between spokes, they don't seem to move, and if it's half that amount, the movement appears to be a maximum. And the apparent direction will appear to be the slower one of the two.

With that in mind consider this wheel at low speeds clockwise, say 20 deg per frame. Clearly the spokes appear to be moving clockwise (20 vs 90-20=70). But if the speed was 70 deg clockwise, it would appear as 20 deg counter-clockwise (90 - 70). For this reason half-way is indistinguishable: 45 = 90 - 45.

Assuming the wheel is accelerating in CW direction, it will appear as such:

motionless
slowly moving CW
rapidly moving CW
rapidly moving, direction unclear
rapidly moving, CCW
slowly moving CCW
"motionless"
slowly moving CW
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Davidw62

Post by Davidw62 »

Hi all is this a forum for farm simulator 14?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Hey, this forum is for all Games made by Giants, so yes, for FS14 aswell.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Stonecutter

Post by Stonecutter »

I've had the game on XB1 since December and while I have been able to figure out most things thanks to the in-game tutorials and a few YouTubers, once thing still confuses me. How do you determine the best time to replace a piece of equipment? Is there a general rule of thumb?
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Stonecutter wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:01 am I've had the game on XB1 since December and while I have been able to figure out most things thanks to the in-game tutorials and a few YouTubers, once thing still confuses me. How do you determine the best time to replace a piece of equipment? Is there a general rule of thumb?
It really depends on what you mean by replace. Do you mean upgrade to something larger? or replace because of its daily cost. If it is daily cost I base it off of the lease per hour, if it is more expensive to keep it than the lease time per hour then I replace it.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

It's really easy, if you plan to use a equipment only as intermediate and use it less then 20 workinghours in total, you should rent it. For everything else it is the best to keep it as long as possible, as the daily costs get up till the equipment reaches 60 hours and then stay at this level.
Playing on PC
diar1410

Post by diar1410 »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:04 am
diar1410 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:09 pm I have a question because some tractors when it reaches its maximum speed the wheels or rims seem not to turn frozen are almost always the front while the rear rear are more normal at maximum speed.

Consider a wheel with just 4 spokes at 90 degrees to eachother, for simplicity.

Your eyes / cameras and such perceive motion through series of 'snapshots' (frames on a film). If you see a spoke in nearly the same place as before, you would assume it is moving and has moved only by "that much".

If the wheel spins in a way that each frame shows the same alignment of the spokes, the spokes appear to stand still. For our example wheel, that's some multiple of 90 degrees per-frame (including 0 and negatives for opposite-direction spins).

If the wheel spins in a way that every second frame does that, the wheel will appear to be spinning at its fastest. The other frames will also show the same picture as eachother but the alignment will be half-way which in this case is 45 + a multiple of 90 degrees.

The important thing to keep track of is how much each spoke appears to move by between each frame. If it's as much as the angle between spokes, they don't seem to move, and if it's half that amount, the movement appears to be a maximum. And the apparent direction will appear to be the slower one of the two.

With that in mind consider this wheel at low speeds clockwise, say 20 deg per frame. Clearly the spokes appear to be moving clockwise (20 vs 90-20=70). But! if the speed was 70 deg clockwise, it would appear as 20 deg counter-clockwise (90 - 70). For this reason half-way is indistinguishable: 45 = 90 - 45.

Assuming the wheel is accelerating in CW direction, it will appear as such:

motionless
slowly moving CW
rapidly moving CW
rapidly moving, direction unclear
rapidly moving, CCW
slowly moving CCW
"motionless"
slowly moving CW
Thanks
I speak Spanish, sorry for my English... PS5
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

Another question, is it possible to sell a piece of land? The land I’m given on the map I’m farming on is really small in two parcels. I would like to sell them both and buy one larger tract.
Mark
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

On PC the mod Bank of Hagenstadt allows selling land (along with a bunch of other neat features). It conflicts with Seasons though so just turn it on to make your transactions, then close the game and restart again without it.

If you're on console I'm not sure.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Console no your stuck with the land you got
XBOX/ FS22
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Hi All,

New to the game, playing on PC in Goldcrest Valley.

Probably a really dumb question, but how do I know if my crop is ready to harvest? I've occasionally noticed messages at the top right of the screen saying things like "Worker A has run into an obstacle" but these are so easy to miss.

Thank you in advance,

BoxTunnel.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

You can see it in the ESC menu, the map in there can show you if you need to plow/fertilize, what crop is sown on a field and what growth stages it has.
There are no messages saying a crop is fully grown.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<