New to farming? Ask questions here:

markare

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by markare »

You installed the trailer mod. Retarded the map and made sure it was selected in the mods list. Went to the shop and it wasn't there. Am I correct??
It sounds like you didn't activate the mod after installing it.
If you can't find it under the category in the shop try the brand name menu.

On xbox press Rb to change from category to brands. On Ps it will be R1. If its pc I'm not sure what the button is but in the shop menu at the top right it will tell you.

It definitely sounds like you didn't select the mod after installing it though at the map start up mod screen.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

You see if they made that part of fs 17 the same as the mods hub there would be no problem you click what you want it installs it and that's it now why can't they do the same with the mods in the menu list or transfer all the mods to the mod hub ever since I remember this game has been a nightmare for mod installation (see all he posts) I gave up trying to put stuff in and just use the mods hub stuff hope the fs 19 if there is one gets this sorted
markare

Post by markare »

The modhub is giants own. Other mods from other sites have nothing to do with Giants so they can't put them in the modhub. It's also tested mods where as other sites are not tested and can be full of problems. So I'm guessing you are on PC. There is a helpful thread in here that helps with mod folder location. I advise reading it. It makes it easy and is a step by step guide
Xb1
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

I have had problems before some seem to go in no problem done all that documents/games/fs17/mods folder unzip/activate it/states installed all green ticks just going to use mod hub stuff at least it works thanks for the info time i've got you here I have a silo full of wheat does that price ever go above £1000 its £674 or something at the moment
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

blackiecat wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:12 pm I have a silo full of wheat does that price ever go above £1000 its £674 or something at the moment
Depends what map and level you're playing. Typically on normal wheat will only go as high as the 700s. You will see above 1000 on easy.
PandaCheese

Post by PandaCheese »

Is it normal to be able to use weeder to fertilize at all growth stages? Tutorial says first growth only (technically the 2nd color band on the growth map).
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ No, that isn't normal
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

Where is the sawmill in Green River?
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Bhcc wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:20 am Where is the sawmill in Green River?
Drive past the store and keep heading towards the forest area. I think that's west of the main farm.
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

What about the silos. I’m lost.
markare

Post by markare »

Silos are where your combine is at the start. There is a metal plate in front of a barn that opens to allow you to fill it. The loading pipe is dead centre of the barn
Xb1
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

Any idea how a log truck can sell the logs at the sawmill and leave on Green River?? It looks like it wasn’t designed good.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

^^ I assume the sawmill is tight with no room to turn around. If so, you could try backing in so you can then pull straight out.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Roback

Post by Roback »

Subsoiler vs Cultivator?

Hey.
So I've only been doing grass on 4 fields and now that i've made some money i'd like to try other stuff.

I've understood that you have to plow a field in order to "reset" it. But there are some stuff I dont get.

1. After I plow a new field, do I have to cultivate it right after or can I sow directly on a plowed field?
2. I have the premium expansion and went to the shop to buy a new cultivator. I bought a Stara subsoiler. It says in the desription that it can replace a plow and that I can sow directly. I tried this but it didnt work, as far as my testing goes I cant notice any difference between subsoiler and a cultivator.. Do you have any clues?

Thx
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

1). It depends. If you have a direct drill, then yes you can seed directly on a plowed field.

2). Same as #1. Make sure it is a direct drill. If you have a seeder that isn’t direct drill, you need to cultivate before. But yes, I do believe a subsoiler can replace a plow.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks