New to farming? Ask questions here:

böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by böserlöwe »

@Reuben, here https://www.farming-simulator.com/about ... latform=pc we have the Giants Shop for the actual FS17
Requirements will find there.
MikeHolohan

Post by MikeHolohan »

Can I have livestock on my own farm? or do I have to have them on someone else's farm miles away from mine?

thanks
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

You can purchase livestock, but they are not always at your farm, you will have to drive to get to them. The PDA map tells all. :)
Last edited by JohnDeere318 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
MikeHolohan

Post by MikeHolohan »

Thanks for the reply... Much appreciated...

But they are not near my farm, my farm is just north of the centre of the map and the cows are kept at the bottom left of the map... It doesn't make any sense to me to have them so far away... Is that correct or am I mistaken?
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

MikeHolohan wrote:Thanks for the reply... Much appreciated...

But they are not near my farm, my farm is just north of the centre of the map and the cows are kept at the bottom left of the map... It doesn't make any sense to me to have them so far away... Is that correct or am I mistaken?
What map you are talking about? But i think its correct, some maps has all animals in same yard some has them all over the map.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I did edit my comment, I totally forgot to put "not" between "are" and "always." Sorry for the confusion.

How to post your log.txt
MikeHolohan

Post by MikeHolohan »

Thanks again for the reply... I don't know what map but yeah they are scattered all over it, I need to find one where they are all together in one place... I mistakenly thought I could just place them wherever I wanted...

thanks again, much appreciated...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

MikeHolohan wrote:Thanks again for the reply... I don't know what map but yeah they are scattered all over it, I need to find one where they are all together in one place... I mistakenly thought I could just place them wherever I wanted...

thanks again, much appreciated...
A number of maps are based on real locations
GruttePier

Post by GruttePier »

How much hp would you need to work with a set of buttefly mowers in hilly landscape? I know it all depends on how steep the hills would be, but what would be an average?
CPU: 4690k @ 4.3ghz Cooling: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3
MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
GPU: MSI GTX 970 oc'd
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3-1600MHz
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB | Kingston V300 120GB
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Depends how much money you have, I always use the NH T8 series for those mowers. Plenty of power to hold down the fort.

How to post your log.txt
rody12

Post by rody12 »

Ragman wrote:
MikeHolohan wrote:Thanks for the reply... Much appreciated...

What map you are talking about? But i think its correct, some maps has all animals in same yard some has them all over the map.
Sounds like he's playing on Goldcrest Valley.

Don't like that kind of maps myself. I like to have the animals near the farm, as it is in real life (at least at most of the farms in my region). Just adds some reality (is that the right word for it? :hmm: ), and it's much easier to take care of the livestock that way imo.
Xbox Series X
John Deere
MikeHolohan

Post by MikeHolohan »

rody12 wrote:

Don't like that kind of maps myself. I like to have the animals near the farm, as it is in real life (at least at most of the farms in my region). Just adds some reality (is that the right word for it? :hmm: ), and it's much easier to take care of the livestock that way imo.
Thats the one, and thats my problem, which map should I use then? I've built up a lot of money, purchased fields, purchased a whole lot of machinery on this map... will I lodse all that if I go to another map?
rody12

Post by rody12 »

MikeHolohan wrote:
rody12 wrote:

Thats the one, and thats my problem, which map should I use then? I've built up a lot of money, purchased fields, purchased a whole lot of machinery on this map... will I lodse all that if I go to another map?
Depends on what platform you're playing. On the consoles you have to start over again when you start a new save game, but I believe you can transfer your money and livestock to another save game when you're on PC. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a console player so I don't know for sure.

If you want to use mod maps, it really depends on your preferences and what platform you're on. PC has a lot more mod maps so there's more choice. Hagenstedt is a fairly good map, the cow's are really close to the main farm but the sheep ang pigs aren't nearby. The Old Stream Farm has all the livestock on the main farm, so it's really easy to take care of the livestock.

As I said, it really depends on your preferences. Big fields, small fields, etcetera. I'd like to help you further :)
Xbox Series X
John Deere
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

In order to transfer money from one saved game to another, you need the Swiss Bank mod. You will have to do a internet search for it as it is not in the mod hub in game. When I quit a map, I load it, and use it to transfer money to, then I can get it with my new map character. One problem though, is that if you are using the ground modification mod, the Swiss bank mod will screw it up somehow and the ground mods you made will not be saved. If you don't use the ground mod, then no worries.
FS-19 (PC)
Guil

Post by Guil »

No need for any mod. Just edit the xml with the amount of money you are transferring.