New to farming? Ask questions here:

ErwinR55

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by ErwinR55 »

1: I set it to FAST whenever I am done seeding, during seeding I set it on OFF. I seed the complete map at once, to simulate a bit "spring time".
2: Yes you can seed ploughed land directly. And many cultivators don't require ploughing or cultivating, as the machine is a direct drill, meaning it can do a bit of cultivating itself. And with some machine combinations you can run plough-cultivator-seeder in one go.
3: Of course the main goal is ALWAYS to drive as straight as possible, with every task you are doing on the field. Only deviate from a straight line due to curved outlines of the field or objects in the field you have to go around.
Unless you are using a roundbaler with a small windrow. Then you NEED to swerve like a drunk so you are filling the left of the bale chamber and then the right of the bale chamber at a pretty even rate, instead of filling only the middle of the chamber getting you misformed balls (yes, balls, not bales, balls due to their additional roundness) :)
PS4 player
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

On the console version is there a way of hooking up the bale collector to the baler? A lot of the mod balers have rear trailer hitch but so far can't suss it out
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Tazman1983 wrote:On the console version is there a way of hooking up the bale collector to the baler? A lot of the mod balers have rear trailer hitch but so far can't suss it out
It's only the black sheep modding one that has this capability
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

:frown: So no then as that pack wasn't released on console
Ntw1986

Post by Ntw1986 »

Yes its in the mf old generation pack on console
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

Playing FS on a tablet, mobile device gives you an option to hire a worker for tippers where you get to choose where they take the delivery, any chance of this being implemented into the main game? Even as a mod or standard feature?
MikeHolohan

Post by MikeHolohan »

Guil wrote:No need for any mod. Just edit the xml with the amount of money you are transferring.

Thanks for all the help guys, just wondering what's the name of the xml file, I can edit that confidently enough... thanks...
Guil

Post by Guil »

Not sure off hand but go to whatever number save it is under the farming simulator folder and it's in that folder. I'll check later when I get home.
wurzelgumage

Post by wurzelgumage »

I am playing dusty cove with seasons Mod. I have just acquired some cows and it is summer time. I gave them water but can not seem to be able to feed them. Do they only accept certain foods at this time of year? So far I Have tried silage bails and mixed ration.
I have now managed to feed them mixed ration, I do not know why first effort failed as ration is shown in trough, and the floor on both side but not registered. Still can not feed bails or straw!
Last edited by wurzelgumage on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

MikeHolohan wrote:Thanks for all the help guys, just wondering what's the name of the xml file, I can edit that confidently enough... thanks...
It's the careersavegame.xml file that you want to edit, in the savegamex folder (where X is the number of the save game).
Just open the file and search for money, that will be the value to alter.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
33RogDog33

Post by 33RogDog33 »

Im just wondering if anybody knows how to condense grass, hay and staw to the same size as silage cause im getting sick of having huge piles of hay and staw all over the place and help would greatly be appreciated thx
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Bale it, or put straw and hay into the haysheds (buy those in the shop)
PS4 player
33RogDog33

Post by 33RogDog33 »

ErwinR55 wrote:Bale it, or put straw and hay into the haysheds (buy those in the shop)
No im wondering if i can still chop it but not have such a large pile when i unload it
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I answered that by giving the only options to minimize the size so you don't have huge piles.
So the more direct answer to your question is, No, not possible.
PS4 player
MikeHolohan

Post by MikeHolohan »

Hairy Bob wrote:
It's the careersavegame.xml file that you want to edit, in the savegamex folder (where X is the number of the save game).
Just open the file and search for money, that will be the value to alter.

Thanks so much...