New to farming? Ask questions here:

Kristaok

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Kristaok »

TimothyC wrote:
Kristaok wrote:Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to FS, and this forum... I have a question; what maps can I install in FS17 that have the animals near the starting farm base? Also what all do I need to do to add these map mods?

Any map recommendations would be MUCH appreciated, I'm into raising animals and having lots of land to farm. I like everything close by, I hate driving all over. :P

Thanks.
I put together a list here.
viewtopic.php?f=893&t=117114
Thank you, MUCH appreciated. I found a few before you showed me this, I checked your list - they're not there so I will post what I found. :)
"To everything there is a Season
and a time to every purpose under Heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

There is also a separate topic in this forum that lists maps with animals near the farm: viewtopic.php?f=893&t=117114
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
806_farmer

Sleep? Seeds? Greenhouse?

Post by 806_farmer »

Cool game, I have played for 3-4 hours so far. Had to restart a few times because I thought I needed a front loader to put seeds in my hopper...then I thought I needed the fork to put on the end of the front loader...long story.

Anyways, Do our characters ever sleep and or enter their house? Looks like there is a greenhouse on my property but I cannot enter it.

I am playing on the Goldcrest map or whatever on Normal difficulty. Do we ever run out of seeds? I have planted 3 fields, I see on the map my crops are green and growing after I plant but I do not see my total number of seeds in the sower going down. Is it always like this?

All I have for now. Thanks
Kristaok

Post by Kristaok »

^ I don't think the characters ever sleep, and I don't think they go inside of their homes.

Yes you do run out of seeds, you have to buy the seed pallets in the shop and when you're low on seeds you can drive up beside of the pallets and refill your sowers.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

No they don't sleep. No you cannot enter house or greenhouse on goldcrest . I'm taking it you had a helper plant? If so Go to the menue and you can toggle on/off helper buy seed. They way you manually will have to refill the planter
XBOX/ FS22
806_farmer

Post by 806_farmer »

Peter Griffin wrote:No they don't sleep. No you cannot enter house or greenhouse on goldcrest . I'm taking it you had a helper plant? If so Go to the menue and you can toggle on/off helper buy seed. They way you manually will have to refill the planter
Ohhh...the hired help buys the seeds. That explains it!

One last question....is there a way to identify an item when standing next to it? Right now I am guessing what is on my pallets.
Guil

Post by Guil »

The pallets of seeds and fertiliser are different colour. Look in the shop to see which is which and they also have a different icon on the side of them.
806_farmer

Post by 806_farmer »

Guil wrote:The pallets of seeds and fertiliser are different colour. Look in the shop to see which is which and they also have a different icon on the side of them.
OK Guil thanks for the help. I shall reference the shop to identify my meager items.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Also FYI, the workers charge a good bit more for fuel, seeds and fert than it costs you to buy them from the shop/refill point.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
806_farmer

Post by 806_farmer »

Hairy Bob wrote:Also FYI, the workers charge a good bit more for fuel, seeds and fert than it costs you to buy them from the shop/refill point.
Yea I'm kind of noticing that. I feel a bit like I am treading water financially on my farm. I will probably start doing more of it myself. It is probably good practice for missions anyway. Sometime I feel like bashing the controller against my head when I am trying to connect the weight or other piece of farm equipment to my tractor. God forbid if I have to reverse my tractor with equipment attached.
OOWAR!!

Post by OOWAR!! »

How do you rescue vehicles stuck in deep water?
Why do you put Sheep on a Grassy Field only for them to need Hay, Straw & Grass??. Water why cant I just put them in a field with a pond/river running through it?
PC.
X BOX CONTROLLER
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

To rescue vehicles go to the start menu and reset it. It'll go to the shop. Sheep, when bought, end up in the sheep pen, marked on the map with a sheep head. You give them water by filling a water tank and unloading it at the pen
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

I always wondered that, why sheep are in a grass pasture but you got to cut grass and feed them :confusednew:
XBOX/ FS22
Kristaok

Post by Kristaok »

Thankfully in Silvercrest it resets the vehicle at the farm hehe. Me and hubby play and goof around racing / wrecking in the water all the time.
outlawjdpd

Post by outlawjdpd »

Purchased the FS 2017 for PC, but can't seem to get any mods to show up within the game itself. It downloads as a zip file and I copied it into the mods folder, but will not show up in the game at all. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to show up even by extracting the file...any suggestions?