New to farming? Ask questions here:

Ntw1986

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Ntw1986 »

No
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

FarmerGerz18 wrote:This has most probably been answered before. Can you use harzard lights (both indicators at same time) on consoles?
Pc only . Only a blinker a time sadly .
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

Sunflower headers vs. corn headers: What is the RL benefit of using a sunflower header instead of a corn header to harvest sunflowers? In the game, it seems to make no difference as far as I can tell.
Guil

Post by Guil »

In game the sunflower headers work at 15kmh as opposed to 10kmh of the normal headers.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Here is an article describing a couple different sunflower headers and conversion kits.

http://www.sunflowernsa.com/magazine/ar ... cleID=3480

From what I gather, if you use a regular corn header IRL, you will lose quite a bit of your crop as the seeds fall to the ground as the crop starts to shake surfing harvest.
PC & PS4
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

:biggrin2: Ooo , im learning things , maybe I can be a farmer when I'm older . :mrgreen:
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
binkmoss

Post by binkmoss »

xbox 0ne updates (Nov) anybody had any problems with the new updates? If I'm not sign in xboxe live, xbox one screen comes up with empty farm slots! data missing, you would think the game had just been loaded, however, all MODs and farms and equipment data is there, just allocate a farm to a slot, stat from scratch! This has only happen with in the last week. Any idea's???
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I like to see my Case/IH Tractors bright red as I used to witness them coming off the assembly line. So I tried to use the Karcher HDS 9/18-4M mod and ran into two problems. No matter where I tried to place it it said "cannot be placed here" so where does it want to be? The second problem was while moving the mod around the farm I noticed a $72,000 decline in my bank account. I looked at the Finance page and there was a $72,000 construction cost listed. Since I did not complete the buy how can this be?

I am playing on the Westbridge Hills map on PC. Would appreciate any help and advise.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

NateS wrote:Here is an article describing a couple different sunflower headers and conversion kits.

http://www.sunflowernsa.com/magazine/ar ... cleID=3480

From what I gather, if you use a regular corn header IRL, you will lose quite a bit of your crop as the seeds fall to the ground as the crop starts to shake surfing harvest.
That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. It would be nice to implement this in the game, reducing your sunflower yield if you harvest with a corn header.
bigsuirlife

Post by bigsuirlife »

wich is the name of the mod that adds crops on the map? or..could you suggest me a map with tons of crops? :)
Jamiephilips23

Post by Jamiephilips23 »

See in the pause menu when you see you’re equipment and it’s red I take it you should get rid of it?, I’ve got a massy 8737 back Edition it’s only 10 days old.
Massive thanks to all console modders out there!! *thumbsup*
PSN; scottish_bawbag_
My PS4 Community; All Aspects Of Farming :hi:
NateS

Post by NateS »

Jamiephilips23 wrote:See in the pause menu when you see you’re equipment and it’s red I take it you should get rid of it?, I’ve got a massy 8737 back Edition it’s only 10 days old.
It depends... let's say your old machine is costing you 1500 a day in maintenance and that # was only 750 when it was new. You have to weigh the sell price of the current machine, purchase price of new machine, difference in maintenance cost, and how long you plan on owning said equipment.

Normally, it's actually better financially to keep older equipment in my opinion.
PC & PS4
Jamiephilips23

Post by Jamiephilips23 »

NateS wrote:
Jamiephilips23 wrote:See in the pause menu when you see you’re equipment and it’s red I take it you should get rid of it?, I’ve got a massy 8737 back Edition it’s only 10 days old.
It depends... let's say your old machine is costing you 1500 a day in maintenance and that # was only 750 when it was new. You have to weigh the sell price of the current machine, purchase price of new machine, difference in maintenance cost, and how long you plan on owning said equipment.

Normally, it's actually better financially to keep older equipment in my opinion.

Thanks very much mate appreciate that!
Massive thanks to all console modders out there!! *thumbsup*
PSN; scottish_bawbag_
My PS4 Community; All Aspects Of Farming :hi:
stanfitz

Post by stanfitz »

So how do I ask a question. About all I can do is reply to what someone else wrote.

No NEW TOPIC buton.
Guil

Post by Guil »

stanfitz wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:18 pm So how do I ask a question. About all I can do is reply to what someone else wrote.

No NEW TOPIC buton.
Go here and under EN fs17 you will see a new topic button. Click that and you can create a thread.