New to farming? Ask questions here:

Bullymom04

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Bullymom04 »

Thank you for your help. I'm sorry I forgot to write that I use my pc for the game.
And no I wasn't referring to any missions. I'm getting the hang of everything. I even planted potatoes and harvested them. I hope to plant corn and sunflowers soon.
Thanks again,
Lori
Gargoner70

Post by Gargoner70 »

1. Why does the patch notes say "grain sold now shares in multiplayer'". When in fact nothing that sells is ever split in multi?

2. I see videos with individual square buttons on the left of the screen is this a mod?

3. How do you open the transparent white with the text where people look to see if the equipment they bought or are using has errors? Do some of the lines simply say "error...."

4. Maps like Pine Cove. They have a barrel maker, you toss in logs and out comes barrels on pallets. Do I take the pallets of barrels, load them and transport them to a sell point?

5. I put logs in I think it's a pallet or lumber maker on the same map nothing appears.

6. In Pine Cove map, what's the best way to get top dollar for bales after I have harvested wheat. Square, round, should I wrap them, barn sell or compost? I read other maps you toss them down a hole in the ground.

7. The Ponse(sp) I join a hosted multiplayer game, When using the Ponse(sp) I can cut the tree down, de-branch it to the first cut length, I hit x again and it won't cut the length. I have to turn off the harvester so it will drop the tree. The host uses the ponse(sp) and it works as intended.

That's all I can think of for now.
Thank you.
markare

Post by markare »

1 it shares if the host opts to use separate accounts and allow other users the ability to buy equipment hire workers etc.

The rest unfortunately I can't help with maybe someone else will be able to shed some light on it for you
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

[quote ="Gargoner70"] 2. I see videos with individual square buttons on the left of the screen is this a mod?[/quote]
Possibly it is the gps mod who allows you to sit back in your machine and it follows the guidance of the gps. But you need to be yourself in the vehicle

[quote ="Gargoner70"] 3. How do you open the transparent white with the text where people look to see if the equipment they bought or are using has errors? Do some of the lines simply say "error...."[/quote]
That's the console- I haven't get that open myself

[quote ="Gargoner70"] 4. Maps like Pine Cove. They have a barrel maker, you toss in logs and out comes barrels on pallets. Do I take the pallets of barrels, load them and transport them to a sell point? [/quote]
Don't know the map ( yet)

[quote ="Gargoner70"] 5. I put logs in I think it's a pallet or lumber maker on the same map nothing appears.[/quote]
Maybe it's the sawmill which might need woodchips as fuel

[quote ="Gargoner70"] 6. In Pine Cove map, what's the best way to get top dollar for bales after I have harvested wheat. Square, round, should I wrap them, barn sell or compost? I read other maps you toss them down a hole in the ground.

7. The Ponse(sp) I join a hosted multiplayer game, When using the Ponse(sp) I can cut the tree down, de-branch it to the first cut length, I hit x again and it won't cut the length. I have to turn off the harvester so it will drop the tree. The host uses the ponse(sp) and it works as intended.[/quote]
It should do it, though it needs often a second to get ready. Sometimes you need a bit of patience, I do sometimes the same and hit the button to quick again when the harvester is not yet ready to cut again. You should disable the automatic engine start when you do forestry
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

If you want to be able to open the console you need to edit your game.xml file, which is found in the same folder as the mods folder and your savegame folders (i.e. C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017)

To enable to console and developer commands, open the game.xml with either Wordpad, Notepad, or Notepad++ and find the following set of text towards the bottom in the game.xml:

Code: Select all

<development>
       	<controls>false</controls>
    </development>
Change the false to true and save the xml file. Then while you are in game, press the tilde key (~) to bring up the console, press it again to type in a command, then press it again to exit the console. Other keys that you can use with the developer mode enable is the F5 key to view polygons and triggers (first press) and light sources (second press, third press is off).
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

Thank you that's great will try that out tomorrow
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
CityBoy

A few noobie questions...

Post by CityBoy »

Hi Everyone,
A couple questions for you about this game... First of all, I am playing this on a PC:

1. Please confirm that my farmer guy doesn't need to sleep?
2. If you don't need to sleep, what tasks can you do at night?
3. How the heck do I get a seed bag/pallet off the ground at the store and to my farm??? I bought a little bobcat with forks and can't do anything with it.

Thanks.
mdoss

Re: A few noobie questions...

Post by mdoss »

Hi,
No need to sleep. Most people probably fast forward time thru the night..

As for the pallets, should be able to lift them with anything that can attach pallet forks. Best way is to buy a flat trailer (look in "bailing technology" section). Load the pallets on that trailer, then take them to the farm.
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

mdoss wrote:Hi,
No need to sleep. Most people probably fast forward time thru the night..

As for the pallets, should be able to lift them with anything that can attach pallet forks. Best way is to buy a flat trailer (look in "bailing technology" section). Load the pallets on that trailer, then take them to the farm.
Dont forget to strap them down, most of you guys learned that the hard way.
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

you can put the pallets in the back of the pickup too if you do not want to spend funds on a trailer. Make sure you have the forks lined up right, it takes a little getting used to when it comes to working with pallets on this game.
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

can you put the seeds in a tipper? pig feed you can.
Alienware PC.
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

Yes you can load seeds into tippers as well as auger wagons
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

There is actually a mod I came cross a couple of days ago which does exactly this, hunger, thirst and sleep. I hope I can found it.
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
chaseydog

Post by chaseydog »

As far as 'what can you do at night' you can do anything that you can during the day. Most of the vehicles have working lights and it never really gets all that dark
cider drinker

Post by cider drinker »

Hi everyone

I'm Michael and I've just bought FS17 my previous experience was with FS11 although not overly successful :sadnew: . I play it on my Laptop.

As a new farmer what equipment would you recommend I should buy to get me going :?:

The only thing I have bought so far is a Chainsaw.

I've also sold all the stock that was in my Silo's at the start of the game.

Many thanks for any replies I may get.

Michael