New to farming? Ask questions here:

Aqualize

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Aqualize »

annasgramma wrote:How do you sell a placeable item (seed autofill tank) that's in the way of farming equipment? I can't take it to the store and sell it there, and I don't know how to sell something that's already on the farm. Thanks!!
as don_apple explain above. With placeables it will actually show you the object so you have to confirm after pressing Sell. Otherwise it can be hard when you have several of the same kind.
And remember - for objects which you can bring to the store (everything else) you get a premium for selling them there instead of the garage menu (think of it as buyer won't have any transporting costs and thus can pay more).
MeeaaW

Post by MeeaaW »

Aqualize wrote:
MeeaaW wrote:
annasgramma wrote:New day, new question! My skills at manning forklifts are less than optimal, to say the least. Is there a mod somewhere that makes manipulating pallets for seeding, fertilizer, etc easier and more suitable to someone who drives like an old lady? Specifically, it's the forks on the forklifts that I have issues with. I find them extremely difficult to control. Thanks in advance!!
i'm using tippers... though that does not make run out of moving pallets at store :/ :D
It's the cheapest way but you can buy the placeable tanks (a GIANTS mod); http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2017
The seed/fertilizer is a bit more expensive (around 5+-2% , don't remember what I calculated).
And instead of a tipper, when it is motivated cost-wise I would recommended an auger wagon. You can (now? maybe it didn't work before and was patched) refill at the tanks or using the pallets (preferable at the store). Then you drive up to the seeder, open the cover of the seeder's tank (PC key standard: 'N') and position the pipe quite a bit far from the open tank - it will fill the seeder automatically. This saves you from loading the seeder with a loader after tipping the seeds/fertilizer it on the ground.
I have one auger wagon for seeds but not any with fertilizer since it lasts longer.
Auger wagon is good till... you have to restart pipes of them after game load.. or after new patch they stay as they do?
techpad1642

Post by techpad1642 »

when I was playing on easy on Xbox one before the update the crop selling prices were lower than they were with the new update is this going be the new selling prices because i really like it that there higher
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

@techpad1642, I would think there is really no way of knowing until some more time has passed. Just remember that your prices may drop again if you start selling large amounts of crops again.
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Straw-Walker

Post by Straw-Walker »

Before spending some real money :shock: , I'd like a bit information on DLC. If I buy a Mod pack, where does it go? Will it be in the shop so that I have to use game funds to buy the individual tools? I can't imagine for a moment that I'll be given them for nothing. :wink3: :biggrin2: The Kuhn pack looks great! :biggrin2:
Disk version, Update 1.4.4 on Win10 PC with Xbox controller.
http://www.g4mix.co.uk
MeeaaW

Post by MeeaaW »

Straw-Walker wrote:Before spending some real money :shock: , I'd like a bit information on DLC. If I buy a Mod pack, where does it go? Will it be in the shop so that I have to use game funds to buy the individual tools? I can't imagine for a moment that I'll be given them for nothing. :wink3: :biggrin2: The Kuhn pack looks great! :biggrin2:
Yes, they will be in your shop as other things... with description- Kuhn pack :D
Straw-Walker

Post by Straw-Walker »

MeeaaW wrote:
Straw-Walker wrote:Before spending some real money :shock: , I'd like a bit information on DLC. If I buy a Mod pack, where does it go? Will it be in the shop so that I have to use game funds to buy the individual tools? I can't imagine for a moment that I'll be given them for nothing. :wink3: :biggrin2: The Kuhn pack looks great! :biggrin2:
Yes, they will be in your shop as other things... with description- Kuhn pack :D
Thanks for the swift reply. Never known a forum where answers come so quick. :wink3:
Disk version, Update 1.4.4 on Win10 PC with Xbox controller.
http://www.g4mix.co.uk
Blademaster

Post by Blademaster »

I love this game! Bought it for my PS4 on Tuesday and I have spent 30 hours on it. The problem is I will be going back to work next week and will be only be able to play a couple hours a day. I am geared up to start growing grass and selling the wrapped bales at my barn. My next operation will be sheep. At this point I don't like hiring workers because I like running the equipment more than building an empire. That may change in the future. Where should I set my time for growth and day cycles? Great forum, thanks.
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

No matter what whenever I am doing any work on my farm, I am always setting my time scale (or day cycle as you have called it) down to minimum (1x). Once all of the work is done that needs to be done at that time then I crank it up to 120x until something else needs to get done.

As for the growth cycle, I set it to off until all of the work is done that needs to be done at that time. I would suggest this method, but I guess it would be up to you in the end. I mean after all it is YOUR game. ;)
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
Blademaster

Post by Blademaster »

leifege640 wrote:No matter what whenever I am doing any work on my farm, I am always setting my time scale (or day cycle as you have called it) down to minimum (1x). Once all of the work is done that needs to be done at that time then I crank it up to 120x until something else needs to get done.

As for the growth cycle, I set it to off until all of the work is done that needs to be done at that time. I would suggest this method, but I guess it would be up to you in the end. I mean after all it is YOUR game. ;)
Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate your help.
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

it helps with the quick replies when you have email notifications set to the topics that you have replied to. :)
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
Thatguystheory

Post by Thatguystheory »

Hey just a tip:-
Playing lawfolds and silage selling at 1000L=£1000
I learnt yesterday selling bales of silage was stuff 1 bale was selling at the silo king for £1700, but that didnt add up. so i drove a silage feeder and broke up a silage bale and used belts to sell 1 broken up loose silage (4000L) = £4000
Point is u get over x2 the amount if u sell silage bales as loose silage not as bale format
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

Thank you for sharing this with us. One question though: Are you able to sell silage bales at a straw barn on Lawfolds? If so how much do you get from a bale of silage there?
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
OOWAR!!

Post by OOWAR!! »

A few questions!
1. Is the Contractor income always that much higher than the cost of you hiring a Worker, or is it adjusted on difficulty levels? As it is it looks too easy to pay a worker to do your work while you then go and do someone else's for more money. IRL wouldn't the Farm you are contracted for just hire the worker to do the same job for a cheaper price they cost? Is this a part of the game introduced to make it easier for me to play it and could you just play it as a Contractor?
2. Weather, does it Rain, Snow or have natural disasters in relation to the Farms location?
3. Tiredness. Does the Farmer you control get tired or need breaks are their living expenses to consider ?
4. Selling. Does their come a point when selling/buying becomes impossible or very low?
5. Meadows. Watching You Tube Vids an up loader decides to plough, sow, and then harvest grass for animals. Cant you just put a Fence around a patch of Grass on your Farm and move the Sheep once they've eaten that?
6. Hand Tools. Can you use hand tools to do some work i.e Mucking out with a Shovel and Wheel Barrow, Shearing?
7. Daggerwin. I have watched a few of his Videos and he seems to have in total contrast to almost all Farmers I know who are the most Frugal(Tight Fisted) people I know yet he spends and leases plant and vehicles like it's going out of Fashion . IRL you would have a minimum you need and gradually work your way up buying something is a massive decision and based on value.
8. Gametime. I read you can adjust it to make the game more realistic. But if you slow growth time down will you then see your task speed up? If it takes 10 game mins to cut a tree down will it take more/less time when you adjust the growth time? Watching Daggerwin he is able to chop, trim and load up a tree in less than a minute, IRL this could take up to a few hours depending on a number of factors.
9. Animals. It appears you just buy Animals rater than have 1 Bull 10 Cows eg, does the game allow you to manage a herd? Do you get Male & Female livestock? Do you get to keep the bust Bullock to breed from?
PC.
X BOX CONTROLLER
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

1. dunno
2. rain and snow yes, other no
3. no
4. yes if you are a bad farmer you can get stuck on your money
5. no
6. only chainsaw, which is cool
7. yes, so, everybody plays the game as they like.
8. time only influences automatic game progress : day/night, growing of plants and animals, feed/water usage of animals, wool/milk/manure production from animals. It does not increase speed of your tasks. With the right machine you can IRL cut down a tree, strip it and put it on a hanger, maybe not in less then a minute, but a minute or 3 or so?
9.you buy female lifestock and then they multiply by themselves (you know, seeds in a plastic straw ;-) )
PS4 player