New to farming? Ask questions here:

ctgreybeard

Whats wrong with my field?

Post by ctgreybeard »

I've just started playing on my Switch after a couple of tries on the PC. The Switch seems easier to control. I have two fields, 14 and 15, planted and they show Growing as solid green on the Map Overview. Field 12 is giving me trouble. It shows as "spotty" blue under Cultivated in Map Overview. I tried planting a few rows and those areas are now the same spotty pattern but green under Growing. I tried using a Helper for the planting but they would plant only part of a row then it would say they have completed their task. I think I need to do something to the field but I'm not sure what, exactly. I only have the original equipment and I have done a few missions so I do have a few extra bucks. I even bought a Pressure Washer because I didn't like to leave the tractors all dirty!

What should I try on Field 12?

Bill W
oolykee

Re: Whats wrong with my field?

Post by oolykee »

ctgreybeard wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:38 am I've just started playing on my Switch after a couple of tries on the PC. The Switch seems easier to control. I have two fields, 14 and 15, planted and they show Growing as solid green on the Map Overview. Field 12 is giving me trouble. It shows as "spotty" blue under Cultivated in Map Overview. I tried planting a few rows and those areas are now the same spotty pattern but green under Growing. I tried using a Helper for the planting but they would plant only part of a row then it would say they have completed their task. I think I need to do something to the field but I'm not sure what, exactly. I only have the original equipment and I have done a few missions so I do have a few extra bucks. I even bought a Pressure Washer because I didn't like to leave the tractors all dirty!

What should I try on Field 12?

Bill W
Hi,

Blue color is the fertilizing stage. if it is "spotty" as you say that means you missed the parts in one of the previous fertilizing stages.

But don't worry about it. As soon as you harvest you will be able to apply fertilizer again and opportunity to do a better job next time. :)

"Spotty" means that little piece will have slightly less grain or what ever you planted. :)

Now workers will not seed if it has already been seeded. So if you hire them for a job that has already been done they will not function. See under crops what crop has been seeded in that field. If there is a crop growing you just need to wait and/or speed up time and give it a chance to grow. :)

Hope it helps. :hi:
Check out our channel:
https://goo.gl/EUTkLW

New video every day.
Here is the newest one:
https://goo.gl/SrBkQ1

Check out our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Oolykee-Gaming ... 843882487/
pbrover65

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by pbrover65 »

*thumbsdown*
pbrover65 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:51 pm Hello,I have been advised to ask for help here so,I have downloaded a map but I cannot work out where to put it for it to show in my game which is fs13,so please can someone please explain in simple terms how I get this to work,i have also got a map in the Giants editor but I cannot find a way to get that in my game so any help from anyone I would be greatfull for.thanks.
Can no one help me?should I just give up on what used to be a great helpful forum,where have all the great members gone?
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

From what i understand installing mods was the same in fs13 as it is now, theres a lot of videos and descriptions around, as far as the giants editor part, modding would be a better place to post that question.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

pbrover65 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:57 pm Can no one help me?should I just give up on what used to be a great helpful forum,where have all the great members gone?
This type of attitude doesn't help matters either - you came asking for help, and didn't wait too long before lashing out, further disincentivizing helping you.

Have you considered that you are playing a version that is 2 generations removed from the current one (soon to be 3)? It could just be that no one reading this particular thread has sufficient experience to respond. And no, that is NOT a recommendation to scatter your request across the entire forum.

I would try over in the Mod Sub-Forum, might be someone over there with the answers you seek.
ctgreybeard

Re: Whats wrong with my field?

Post by ctgreybeard »

oolykee wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:16 am
Hi,

Blue color is the fertilizing stage. if it is "spotty" as you say that means you missed the parts in one of the previous fertilizing stages.

But don't worry about it. As soon as you harvest you will be able to apply fertilizer again and opportunity to do a better job next time. :)

"Spotty" means that little piece will have slightly less grain or what ever you planted. :)

Now workers will not seed if it has already been seeded. So if you hire them for a job that has already been done they will not function. See under crops what crop has been seeded in that field. If there is a crop growing you just need to wait and/or speed up time and give it a chance to grow. :)

Hope it helps. :hi:
Thanks for the reply. The blue is on the Map Overview and is labelled "Cultivated". I decided to simply plow the field under and replant which worked fine. I think I am understanding better because when I plowed I used a Helper and the coverage was very good but when I seeded/fertilized I did it myself and there are gaps which show on the map. I think it will be OK and I will wait until the barley grows. Perhaps when I harvested that field I missed a lot? Or cultivating? I'm new at this ... :blushnew:

Thanks again,

Bill
oolykee

Post by oolykee »

Hi Bill,

There are many factors. Like if you do not harvest just a dot and then plow it in it will have the last stage fertilization or at least the one that was there while you were harvesting the field.

Maybe this example will help. If you fertilize the field to the last stage and then harvest half of the field and half is left. If you cultivate or plow the field the harvested part will be unfertilized and the part that was not harvested will have the last stage of fertilizing.

Or maybe this. Mind that you probably have a fertilizer in your seeder and every little bit you missed has one stage fertilizing less then the rest of the field.

The best practice is to do a proper job every time and the whole field will have the same state of fertilizing.

Or absolutely very best thing to do is to relax and make mistakes and just enjoy the game. In the end we all make mistakes. :)

Happy farming and I hope you like the game.

Also, send me a private message here or on my YouTube channel (you have it on my signature). I will be more then glad to help.

It is Friday evening here in Dublin so happy Friday. :)
Check out our channel:

New video every day.
Here is the newest one:

Montoya

Ploughing and Cultivating

Post by Montoya »

I am sure this has been asked many times, but I am unable to find my answer, having looked online I find various answers, so here I am once more seeking advice. Not new to the game, but still some things I do not know.

On the ploughing scheduled fields, do I need to cultivate afterwards?

Thanks
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Nope. you don't have too......
Guil

Post by Guil »

oolykee wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Sorry for going off topic but never realised you were a Dub.
oolykee

Post by oolykee »

Guil wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:36 am
oolykee wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Sorry for going off topic but never realised you were a Dub.
I do live and work here but I am not from here. Been living in Dublin for 4 years now. If you work in IT and from Europe, Dublin/Ireland is the place to be. But (to go even further in OT) considering the real estate market one crazy place to be living in. :D
Check out our channel:

New video every day.
Here is the newest one:

hugassi

Re: Ploughing and Cultivating

Post by hugassi »

" The game does not require you to cultivate after plowing but if you are trying to play realistically you would never plant on plowed only ground "
[/quote]

very well seen Drmattymd :search:
Last edited by hugassi on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Hugassi is correct in real life if you try to plant plowed ground you would destroy the planter in no time flat so to be realistic you need to cultivate to take the hard rigs out but with the plow disk that would have 9.5 inch spacing between the blades but the cultivater disks they are 7.5 inch spacing so it takes the rigs out but can be a one time pass in real life.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

Thank you Cmtaylor,
On the other hand, personally, I like to do the work in phases:

Plow
Fertilizing dry biological (phase 1)
Cultivate
Fertilize biological liquid (phase 2)
Sowing but without fertilizer together
Fertilize after starting to grow with synthetic (phase 3)
Harvest
Seed rotation next time

If possible I do everything with medium equipment and above all, without stress!
It's just personal perferences, respect who does everything together for example; sometimes I do too.
Just try to be realistic and have fun because it is still a game that I already have 2500 hours of gameplay with pleasure and I hope so much more with FS19 :)

Note: I'm sorry if my English is not the right one!
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
sarah.collins

Post by sarah.collins »

When trying to wrap a square bale I get a message saying "this bale not supported" Is there something special I should do? Please help me out with this.
This is my free time project