New to farming? Ask questions here:

Poppyfarmaston

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

bigsuirlife wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:47 pm
Poppyfarmaston wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:16 pm
bigsuirlife wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:55 pm I'm really new to the game, just play yesterday for about 3 hrs and i love it!
Can someone help me to find an easy map (season ready) to improve my skill?

note: need to buy DLC?

ty
G'day bigsuirlife. I too am new! I've clocked in over a hundred hours in next to know time at all. We all learn at a different pace so don't worry if it takes longer than others. This is the place to ask ... so ask whatever question you have. I'm a slow learner, but once I get that hang of something I'm pretty good at offering others assistance.

An easy MAP you ask. That's a fair question. Best I can say as a newbie is to play the first one that comes up. It seem fairly flat which is good for tractors early on seeing as they are not as powerful as the more expensive ones. This means we can haul quite a bit for a long duration of the game. Of course others out there might know of better map options other than the first one straight of the bat, but from one newbie to another I don't think you can go wrong with → Gold Crest Valley :)

It seems to have a little of everything which is a good thing for those of us still learning. I don't think the learning stops.
.....ty for a long answer :D
N/P I did not grow up in the twitter generation.
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Where can I find this mod: Metermaß Measure LS17 V 2.0

Trying to find a mod that makes measuring logs easier. The above link is riddled with malware. Would appreciated another link to a similar or same mod.

TY

Edit don_apple: link to dodgy download site removed.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Poppyfarmaston wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:17 am

Noted, I will refrain from responding in the future.
My apologies. :lol:

I usually reply like that when I am aiming to teach myself. I thought about writing a guide ... but mostly for myself. I actually started a Youtube channel specifically for that reason but not much on it atm.
No no please don't take it the wrong way, I wasn't complaining or anything. It's good to see a lengthy reply explaining things in detail.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Poppyfarmaston wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:23 am Where can I find this mod: Metermaß Measure LS17 V 2.0
The original is available on the official ModHub: http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2017
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Thx Guil. :)

The mods works perfectly and something I feel fits the game well. No longer have to drag around a 9 sapling. Thx don *thumbsup*

Hey Guys ... I have seen a few vids on creating a field and can do no worries. I am just struggling with finding information on how to clean up the corners. I can do pretty straight lines with the plough but I just can't work out how to clean up the corners and even the edges???

Here is two screen shots to better depict what I mean: (How on earth do I clean up the edges?)
Image Image
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Use the lizard roller, in the misc section of the store, to restore the original ground.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Gundad68

Post by Gundad68 »

How do ya feed sheep in the winter with the Seasons mod ? AN the BEST way too store your straw an hay?
Xbone player,too poor for a PC. lol
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I think the hayloft is the best way on consoles, as you're limited in how many bales you can have. Sheep can eat hay as well as/instead of grass.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Gundad68

Post by Gundad68 »

Hairy Bob wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:01 pm I think the hayloft is the best way on consoles, as you're limited in how many bales you can have. Sheep can eat hay as well as/instead of grass.
TY didn't know they ate hay aswell.
Xbone player,too poor for a PC. lol
Archie123

Post by Archie123 »

My family got a new computer and I wanted to get FS17on the new one. I got my product key ready but it won't let me activate it. Do I need to delete farming simulator form my old computer? I don't know what to do.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

What error message is popping up?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Hairy Bob wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:58 pm Use the lizard roller, in the misc section of the store, to restore the original ground.
TY *thumbsup*
Sonny5x5

Post by Sonny5x5 »

Another ?
How long before a planting does it take to show growth on the wopstr
Guil

Post by Guil »

Archie123 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:12 am My family got a new computer and I wanted to get FS17on the new one. I got my product key ready but it won't let me activate it. Do I need to delete farming simulator form my old computer? I don't know what to do.
Have a look at this post but bear in mind that no one is working at Giants until 3rd January.
viewtopic.php?f=852&t=44642
Bhcc

Whole trees to lumber yard

Post by Bhcc »

What is the best way to take whole birch trees to lumber yard in westbrige hill on fs17? I found a way for the maple trees.