New to farming? Ask questions here:

TPK1N6

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by TPK1N6 »

Whats the best way to see what is leased? I couldnt find it? Cheers!
Guil

Post by Guil »

Depends what platform but open the shop and at the bottom of the screen you should see a button for garage and then after pressing that you should see a button for leased items.
TPK1N6

Post by TPK1N6 »

Guil wrote:Depends what platform but open the shop and at the bottom of the screen you should see a button for garage and then after pressing that you should see a button for leased items.
Very helpful, thanks!
grahoo87

Post by grahoo87 »

I've said before that I will tell here if there is a difference (and how big if yes) when you don't fertilize or fertilize grass on easy mode. So when I haven't fertilized grass I got around 140k profit from selling all wrapped bales, yesterday I mowed grass that was fertilized 2 times and I earned around 260k so there is a huge difference.
Farming Simulator 17 (Season Pass): XBox One S
Farming Simulator 15 (Gold edition): PC
Farming Simulator 18: Samsung Galaxy A (2016) / Samsung Galaxy Tab A
TPK1N6

Post by TPK1N6 »

what is the best fertilizer spreader when you first start out on Thornton Farm as you dont begin with one?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Depends how much money you have and if you are going to buy or lease. Also depends a lot on if you will do the work yourself or hire a helper.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

TPK1N6 wrote:
Guil wrote:Depends what platform but open the shop and at the bottom of the screen you should see a button for garage and then after pressing that you should see a button for leased items.
Very helpful, thanks!
Or in the main cost overview of vehicles, you see a separate column for rentals
PS4 player
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

This may not be the correct place to ask this, but can anyone explain how to use the XL Toolbar 84FT and 980 Air Cart from the Big Bud pack?

The 980 Air Cart shows that it can hold sunflower/corn/etc., but the XL Toolbar cannot plant those seeds.

Am I doing something wrong?
Guil

Post by Guil »

No. The air cart can be hooked up to other Swedes so that's why it shoes all the different crop types.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Oh, ok.

Thanks!
zadiac

Post by zadiac »

Hi all

I have a lot of leftover pig food and total mixed ration. Can I sell it and where? I'm focussing now on sowing and harvesting and don't have animals anymore. Thanks.
I'm running the latest Pine Cove Farm map.
TPK1N6

Post by TPK1N6 »

A couple of questions:

1) Just baled Field 13 on Thornton Farm and made 78 bales - is this realistic? It is going to take ages to cart them back to the yard!
2) Is it realistic to put in headlands when seeding in opposite directions?
3) Can you make grass bales without tedding and windrowing the grass? Would these be grass bales and tedded and windrowed bales be hay bales? Im guessing sheep take both?
4) Would you reccomend hiring a worker even early on in the farm's life as there are so many jobs to do I make little progress! Obviously, cashflow is an issue.
5) How do you know how much grain etc to keep as animal food and how many bales to store too?
6) I feel like its going to take a long time doing arable before I can afford pigs/cattle due to capital requirements such as forage harvesters and mixer wagons etc.

Thanks
Guil

Post by Guil »

Hire a worker straight away if you have other things to do. You don't need a forage harvester for cows but it makes it easier later on when you have a lot of them. Pigs and sheep are a lot easier.
grahoo87

Post by grahoo87 »

TPK1N6 wrote:A couple of questions:

1) Just baled Field 13 on Thornton Farm and made 78 bales - is this realistic? It is going to take ages to cart them back to the yard!
2) Is it realistic to put in headlands when seeding in opposite directions?
3) Can you make grass bales without tedding and windrowing the grass? Would these be grass bales and tedded and windrowed bales be hay bales? Im guessing sheep take both?
4) Would you reccomend hiring a worker even early on in the farm's life as there are so many jobs to do I make little progress! Obviously, cashflow is an issue.
5) How do you know how much grain etc to keep as animal food and how many bales to store too?
6) I feel like its going to take a long time doing arable before I can afford pigs/cattle due to capital requirements such as forage harvesters and mixer wagons etc.

Thanks
1. Ursus or Arcusin stackers will be your friends, much easier to collect bales from field
2. I don't understand this one
3. You can make grass bales without tedding and you can store them as grass bales or wrap them to make silage, when you use tedder you will make a hay which you can press into bales too but you can't wrap it. When you use windrower on grass or hay you can press it easier or collect with self-loading trailer.
4. Hiring a worker is always good options, you can complete your job faster and earn more money in a unit of time that doing everything alone and not paying your helpers
5. Like in real life - statistics and calculations based on previous food/water usage
6. When you need more cash I have tested way (on easy mode), read below:

First collect everything from starting fields and sow grass everywhere, then sell everything you have, grain, machines, literaly everything, get as much loan as you can. Buy two Pottinger mowers, windrower, baler, wrapper, stacker and of course tractor with enough horse power. Fertilize grass, wait until it grows more, connect windrower on back, mowers in front, mow everything, bale rows, wrap bales, collect with Ursus or Arcusin stacker (depends n which baler you have, square or round) and sell in nearby barn. 3 fertilized fields can bring you around 240-260k profit but whole operations takes "some" time.
Maybe someone have better way to earn money?
Farming Simulator 17 (Season Pass): XBox One S
Farming Simulator 15 (Gold edition): PC
Farming Simulator 18: Samsung Galaxy A (2016) / Samsung Galaxy Tab A
manorfarm

problem loading farming simulator

Post by manorfarm »

it comes up shader 3.0 required any tips anybody ?