Thanks all. Playing on PC.

How do you find the gold nuggets?
Smith Modding

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Smith Modding »

They're spread around the map, once you find 10, the rest show up on your map
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

What's the difference between the first two standard New Holland round balers? Besides price; wouldn't they do the exact same thing at the same rate as well?
PS4: EL3MENTGAMER // GÓRALE - FS17 // SEASONS
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

No one does round bales and one does square I believe
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
eric21

Post by eric21 »

El3mentGamer wrote:What's the difference between the first two standard New Holland round balers? Besides price; wouldn't they do the exact same thing at the same rate as well?
Square bales have more straw than rround bales and square balers are continuing
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

eric21 wrote:
El3mentGamer wrote:What's the difference between the first two standard New Holland round balers? Besides price; wouldn't they do the exact same thing at the same rate as well?
I see no difference between the two, they all do 4000 l of whatever your baling, i like doing square because its continuous, but for doing silage bales i do round cause i dont have the Kuhn DLC.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Bales are all the same quantity in the game unless you use a missed baler or edit it yourself.
Cheesehead1964

Post by Cheesehead1964 »

What are some of the things I should do early game to make money? Use existing equipment? Lease? Sell and buy new?

Growing soybeans right now...

Should I do missions? Buy more fields? Can the tipper be hired out?

Any trick to running the trains? I've figured out how to load the silo by them.

Also my planting machine seems to go rogue occasionally when I hire it out...
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Only lease equipment that you won't use all that intensively - definitely not tractors/harvesters/ other vehicles but windrowers/baling equipment/forestry equipment is ok. Sell your old equipment (that you start with) as it costs a lot to run.

Yes, do missions. Each mission (per farmer, as they may own more than 1 field) takes 2% off their field price(s) upto 20%. They are also good for making money, trying out different equipment to see what you like and getting a feel for how to do fieldwork. Starting out I'd recommend trying all types of mission but the least lengthy and tedious jobs are harvesting and fertilising). The non-owned fields all go through cycles so looking at the map you can see what jobs the farmers are likely to have active on their fields.

By hired out do you mean get a worker to use for you? If so there are some options with mods on PC but I'm console so can't give you any pointers there.

No real trick to running the trains, most people barely use them except when the mill has a good price. Be aware that storing grain at the train depots costs you some money. Keep it in your own silos or use the trains themselves for overflow if you need to.
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

BigC92 wrote:
eric21 wrote:
I see no difference between the two, they all do 4000 l of whatever your baling, i like doing square because its continuous, but for doing silage bales i do round cause i dont have the Kuhn DLC.
Thanks for the responses.

Sorry my question wasn't clear enough. I am specifically referring to the round balers. Is there actually any differences between my options for round balers?
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

El3mentGamer wrote: Is there actually any differences between my options for round balers?
No difference in what they produce, no. Its really down to brand and style preference. The Kuhn FBP 3135 is capable of wrapping the bales before offloading though if you have the DLC. I'd recommend checking out some of the mod balers as they tend to be a lot cheaper. The round baler in the MF pack from BsM is only about 12k.

Are you dead set on round bales or was that just a price consideration? Square bales are easier to deal with and the Krone can also be bought for just 12k.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

El3mentGamer wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
eric21 wrote: Square bales have more straw than rround bales and square balers are continuing
Thanks for the responses.

Sorry my question wasn't clear enough. I am specifically referring to the round balers. Is there actually any differences between my options for round balers?

Do you mean the difference between the red one and yellow one?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

All the round and square balers are just reskined ones, i aint sure if there a different model #, sorry if i came off as mean, but all the difference between the standard and the moded ones are just different colored.
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

BigC92 wrote:All the round and square balers are just reskined ones, i aint sure if there a different model #, sorry if i came off as mean, but all the difference between the standard and the moded ones are just different colored.
Gotcha, that's what I expected.

Thank you!
806_farmer

Post by 806_farmer »

Is there a piece of equipment that wraps square bales?