New to farming? Ask questions here:

annasgramma

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by annasgramma »

I am finding that almost all third party mods are for Windows systems. I use a MAC. IS THERE A SPECIFIC SITE WHERE I CAN FIND MAC-COMPATIBLE MODS? I'm specifically looking now for Drive Control. Thanks so much for everyone's help. This forum is terrific. Happy farming, and may all your rows be straight.
Guil

Post by Guil »

This is the official modhub. Sorry I'm not sure if you've come across it already.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

Guil wrote:This is the official modhub. Sorry I'm not sure if you've come across it already.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
Thanks. I have seen all these mods in the game. Unless I'm completely missing something, the mod for Drive Control is not among the offered mods.

I need Drive Control for a Macintosh computer, please!!
Guil

Post by Guil »

It may not be converted to fs17 yet but I play on console so no idea where is trusted to get mods.
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

Guil wrote:It may not be converted to fs17 yet but I play on console so no idea where is trusted to get mods.
Thanks. I was able to download it and it is working. I tried to delete the post before you replied, but you answered very quickly!! Thanks again.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Don't worry about asking a question and then finding the answer. It's better to post the answer you found because you may help someone else with the same question.
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

New day, new question! My skills at manning forklifts are less than optimal, to say the least. Is there a mod somewhere that makes manipulating pallets for seeding, fertilizer, etc easier and more suitable to someone who drives like an old lady? Specifically, it's the forks on the forklifts that I have issues with. I find them extremely difficult to control. Thanks in advance!!
Dfarmer36

Post by Dfarmer36 »

I may suggest place able furtilizer /seed containers. No more need for pallets just drive beside one of those hit the auto fill button and then go on with your task
Dairy farmer by day Xbox/pc user by night
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

Dfarmer36 wrote:I may suggest place able furtilizer /seed containers. No more need for pallets just drive beside one of those hit the auto fill button and then go on with your task
Thanks!! I'll check into that!
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

Once a placeable object has been placed, is it movable to another location? I inadvertently placed my seed containers much too close to my fields where they are in danger of being hit by equipment. If they are moveable, how is it done? Please and thank you!!
erict43

Post by erict43 »

annasgramma wrote:Once a placeable object has been placed, is it movable to another location? I inadvertently placed my seed containers much too close to my fields where they are in danger of being hit by equipment. If they are moveable, how is it done? Please and thank you!!
Unfortunately not. Your only options are to sell and repurchase, or manually change the location by modifying the XML files.
MeeaaW

Post by MeeaaW »

annasgramma wrote:New day, new question! My skills at manning forklifts are less than optimal, to say the least. Is there a mod somewhere that makes manipulating pallets for seeding, fertilizer, etc easier and more suitable to someone who drives like an old lady? Specifically, it's the forks on the forklifts that I have issues with. I find them extremely difficult to control. Thanks in advance!!
i'm using tippers... though that does not make run out of moving pallets at store :/ :D
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

How do you sell a placeable item (seed autofill tank) that's in the way of farming equipment? I can't take it to the store and sell it there, and I don't know how to sell something that's already on the farm. Thanks!!
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Just open the shop menu (on Win/Mac this is normally done via the "P" key) and then select the "Garage" button and find the item you want to sell, select it and push the "Sell" button.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Aqualize

Post by Aqualize »

MeeaaW wrote:
annasgramma wrote:New day, new question! My skills at manning forklifts are less than optimal, to say the least. Is there a mod somewhere that makes manipulating pallets for seeding, fertilizer, etc easier and more suitable to someone who drives like an old lady? Specifically, it's the forks on the forklifts that I have issues with. I find them extremely difficult to control. Thanks in advance!!
i'm using tippers... though that does not make run out of moving pallets at store :/ :D
It's the cheapest way but you can buy the placeable tanks (a GIANTS mod); http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2017
The seed/fertilizer is a bit more expensive (around 5+-2% , don't remember what I calculated).
And instead of a tipper, when it is motivated cost-wise I would recommended an auger wagon. You can (now? maybe it didn't work before and was patched) refill at the tanks or using the pallets (preferable at the store). Then you drive up to the seeder, open the cover of the seeder's tank (PC key standard: 'N') and position the pipe quite a bit far from the open tank - it will fill the seeder automatically. This saves you from loading the seeder with a loader after tipping the seeds/fertilizer it on the ground.
I have one auger wagon for seeds but not any with fertilizer since it lasts longer.