New to farming? Ask questions here:

markare

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by markare »

They sell at certain places. Each map has a different sell point . Check your shop menu for prices to get the best deal for selling. If you want to store them I would advise an empty tool shed. Or an open space of land . doing that you lose some of the crop though and there isn't a count to show how much you have.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Guil

Post by Guil »

If you play on lawfolds you can store potatoes, sugar beets and woodchips at highland storage. It's right beside highland grains sell point.
Dfarmer36

Re: Potatoes....where to seel them?

Post by Dfarmer36 »

FlyFisherman wrote:Hello I just harvested my potatoe crop and went to store them in my silos.. they are not acepted there.....so where to I sell them then? thanks
And if you are playing goldcrest valley you can store them at the train station
Dairy farmer by day Xbox/pc user by night
Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

Keep those questions coming, a helpful community is a good community.
Xbox one: bradleyson666
Any questions, ask away.
be polite and respectful.
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

Is there any way to permanently set the cruise control to a very slow speed, like 3 MPH? When I press 3 on my MAC, cruise control starts out at something like way more than 25 MPH and by the time I slow it down to a manageable speed, the tractor is half way down the row! Thank you. Just started the game this evening and loving it so far....except I can't drive backwards worth a darn!
Dfarmer36

Post by Dfarmer36 »

Um don't play on Mac but Xbox and pc you can adjust your cruise control before you set it. You will see the little white speedometer the number beside that is what your vehicle cruise control is set at. The only time that number doesn't apply is when it is set at 25 or 30 and working speed with implement is far less so will automatically set to that
Dfarmer36

Post by Dfarmer36 »

And for driving backwards you can start out with Valtra tractors they offer reverse direction and when you apply that driving in reverse will seem the same as forward motion
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

Dfarmer36 wrote:Um don't play on Mac but Xbox and pc you can adjust your cruise control before you set it. You will see the little white speedometer the number beside that is what your vehicle cruise control is set at. The only time that number doesn't apply is when it is set at 25 or 30 and working speed with implement is far less so will automatically set to that
Thank you very much!! I'm still in the tutorials, so I have a LONG way to go!!
Dfarmer36

Post by Dfarmer36 »

Tutorials can be lack on a few things but will definitely get you started in the right direction. You can also type in farming Simulator 17 tutorials in YouTube and get some great advice from those guys and girls. Enjoy happy farming
W1der

Post by W1der »

annasgramma wrote:Is there any way to permanently set the cruise control to a very slow speed, like 3 MPH? When I press 3 on my MAC, cruise control starts out at something like way more than 25 MPH and by the time I slow it down to a manageable speed, the tractor is half way down the row! Thank you. Just started the game this evening and loving it so far....except I can't drive backwards worth a darn!
When you starting to get "confy" with the base game ...
Have a look at a mod called Drive Control.

It enables you to use forward and backward gear ... with the possibility to engage the cruise ctrl even in backwards gear.
It also has a module called "soft gas" ...

These things can help you drive with better precision ... *thumbsup*

Get back to me/us when you feel ready for it (or turn to YouTube, where you should find tutorials for how to use it) ... ;)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

W1der wrote:
annasgramma wrote:Is there any way to permanently set the cruise control to a very slow speed, like 3 MPH? When I press 3 on my MAC, cruise control starts out at something like way more than 25 MPH and by the time I slow it down to a manageable speed, the tractor is half way down the row! Thank you. Just started the game this evening and loving it so far....except I can't drive backwards worth a darn!
When you starting to get "confy" with the base game ...
Have a look at a mod called Drive Control.

It enables you to use forward and backward gear ... with the possibility to engage the cruise ctrl even in backwards gear.
It also has a module called "soft gas" ...

These things can help you drive with better precision ... *thumbsup*

Get back to me/us when you feel ready for it (or turn to YouTube, where you should find tutorials for how to use it) ... ;)
YouTube is everbodys best friend nowadays, lol.
chuckGnades

Re: Potatoes....where to seel them?

Post by chuckGnades »

Dfarmer36 wrote:
FlyFisherman wrote:Hello I just harvested my potatoe crop and went to store them in my silos.. they are not acepted there.....so where to I sell them then? thanks
And if you are playing goldcrest valley you can store them at the train station
You can alternatively dump your potatoes right on the growing into a heap. You can make heaps with almost any crop/food/manure etc. Some times I leave sugar beats in big piles right next to the field I harvest them from and pick them up when there is a demand. Its a great use for the Holmer conveyor truck and any of the conveyor configurations. Some one at giants put a lot of work into those conveyors (all of them) and I have a feeling a lot of players don't utilize them. They're really neat and work great.
Dfarmer36

Post by Dfarmer36 »

@chuckGnades very good point. I do utilize getting to dump anything were you want on the ground/in a shed I just failed at passing that along. The addition of conveyers and trailer straps was a game changer in my book could not see the game without them now.
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

I'm having fun with the game - still a lousy driver, even with a joystick, but getting somewhat better! Sadly, I cannot find a steering wheel for a MAC!! Well, correct that. I did find one - for an outrageous price tag that rivals my Apple watch! That being said, my issue now is that I don't know how to sell my grain. I have stored everything in my silo. I have burned through all the $$ that the game gives in the beginning and I'm now in arrears with the bank! HOW DO I SELL MY CROPS?? I'd like to make some money instead of just spending it! Thanks.

Never mind....you were right, YouTube is our best friend!!
Last edited by annasgramma on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

There are sell points on the map where you have to haul your products to. If you are on Goldcrest there are a lot of them but if you are playing Chellington there is only one, you just go to the menu and look for them on the map. Look for the one with the best price and load it out of your silos and dump it at the sell location. If you are on Goldcrest there is one location that can only be sold at by using the train so you have to haul it to the train loading storage and then load it on to the train and then take it to sell point.
PS4