New to farming? Ask questions here:

markare

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by markare »

Poppyfarmaston wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:19 am Wrapped Grass Bails (Silage Bails I think you call them?) Not Selling at the barn but are being taken??? Hmmm ... I am stumped. Playing in Seasons now. The time of year is allowing my to harvest the grass. I am not sure what is going on. I unloaded two full loads of wrapped grass bails into the barn which were accepted (disappeared of trailer after unloading - BUT - no money or sales was registered at all????

Thoughts anyone?

Edit ... that took ages to mow, collect, wrap and then transport only to see nothing in return for it. :(
Don't sell silage at the barn. Sell it at the BGA plant in the soloing to get money. It then turns into digest ate that you use as fertiliser.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Yea ... It worked waiting like 2 days with Seasonal Period set to 3 days.

I need to delete my game and start from scratch in order to play seasons correctly. The silage bail price has gone from 900+ to only about 200+ ... I will have drop this idea of starting to make profit on first day by simply mowing grass as I had been following from the YouTube tutorial. Time to start playing for real.

I'll be sure to get that device early on in the game and not be so quick to sell and buy things. Thx again. ;)
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

markare wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:06 am
Poppyfarmaston wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:19 am Wrapped Grass Bails (Silage Bails I think you call them?) Not Selling at the barn but are being taken??? Hmmm ... I am stumped. Playing in Seasons now. The time of year is allowing my to harvest the grass. I am not sure what is going on. I unloaded two full loads of wrapped grass bails into the barn which were accepted (disappeared of trailer after unloading - BUT - no money or sales was registered at all????

Thoughts anyone?

Edit ... that took ages to mow, collect, wrap and then transport only to see nothing in return for it. :(
Don't sell silage at the barn. Sell it at the BGA plant in the soloing to get money. It then turns into digest ate that you use as fertiliser.
Sounds like a plan. Might take more time ... but yea, I think I understand what your saying. Get more back in the long run. Cheers.
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Just bought all the DLCs. Very Happy with the Game.

QUESTION - Whats the Largest Tipper I could aim for with the starting tractors? (The Holland and the Case.)

Also ... Is it worth doing much with the by product of Canola early in the game. I only have three fields of Canola ... first harvest in seasons? I think I am just going to keep selling until I have paid off starting loan. Not sure yet. Is all still new to me.

Just wondering what direction I should take is all.

Cheers
~Dave.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

IRL it would be rare to see either of those tractors with a 20000l trailer, but in game the mass is reduced so you can pull more with less horsepower.
I tend to run trailers around that size for unloading combines and potato/beet harvesters, 30-40k l for forage harvesting and woodchips, all on the back of 2-300hp tractors, with a 50-60k semi trailer and truck for selling crops.
I'm on the west coast which has some steep hills, if your map is flatter then you'd get away with bigger trailers/lower hp.
Bear in mind that seasons lets you test things without charge. If you buy something and don't like it, if you return it within half an hour (iirc) you get the full purchase price back.
The best advice I can give is to get as much land as you can. I always max out the loan, spend the money on fields, which increases the amount you can borrow, so max the loan again and get more land. The more you have, the more you can make in a year. I would plant around half with grass to make silage. Selling it will keep you busy in summer and winter. Plant the rest with a variety of crops, as the prices are linked to how much of each crop is being grown across the map, so if you plant a lot of one thing, it drives the price down. It doesn't matter too much what you plant, prices are pretty balanced so crops with a high price have lower yields.
Once everything's in the ground the main job is fertilising, you want everything to be fully fertilised before you harvest to get the best yield. Don't worry about having a negative balance, there's no penalty for it that I've noticed.
Cut grass when the growth indicator is yellow for 66% yield, or orange for 100%. You'd get similar yields either way but use more fuel and time cutting at the yellow stage, as you'd do 4 cuts per year rather than 2 full cuts and a 3rd cut at 66% yield.
Store all your combineables at harvest, and check the seasons menu to find the best time to sell each crop.
By mid spring of your second year you should be pretty well set from selling your harvest and silage, that's when I start looking at root crops, forage harvesters and/or animals.
Sheep are good to begin with, they don't take much looking after and wool sells for a good price.
Don't forget to check the seasons menu for animal prices before you buy, to get the most for your money.
Above all, have fun!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Thanks for the details Bob. I have a few Qs but will ask later as still getting over Xmas lunch from yesterday and have a long drive today.

Thx for the direction. I really needed that. *thumbsup*
Your a champ! Hope you have a good lunch. :)
Aussigal

Post by Aussigal »

I purchased Farming Simulator 17 Platinum Edition for XBOX1 for my son, he already owns Farming Simulator 17, when he inserts the new disc platinum edition he can’t access the new game????
What do i do? Delete farming Simulator 17? And how do i delete it if I need to?
Any Help with this issue would be kindly appreciated.
markare

Post by markare »

When the disc is inserted highlight thumbnail for the game. Press the menu button ( 3 lines). Select manage game. Check to see if the dlc is installed. It sounds to me like you still need to install the premium version.
Xb1
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Aussigal wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:57 am I purchased Farming Simulator 17 Platinum Edition for XBOX1 for my son, he already owns Farming Simulator 17, when he inserts the new disc platinum edition he can’t access the new game????
What do i do? Delete farming Simulator 17? And how do i delete it if I need to?
Any Help with this issue would be kindly appreciated.
You can't use a disk for the Xbox version. You have to buy it in the Xbox store
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
ThatFarmSimPlayer

Mod(s) Suggestion - New Player - FS 17 Platinum Edition

Post by ThatFarmSimPlayer »

What are some mods that you highly recommend downloading and using on your farm? At the moment I have CoursePlay, Money Cheat (Yes I know that I am cheating, but I don't care), and GPS downloaded, but looking on some other great mods that I can use. Please provide the official download link when suggesting mods to download.
markare

Post by markare »

FordFarmer97 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:53 am

Actually you can buy the disc version for xbox one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Farming-Simula ... B074MHGDJ2
Xb1
bamafan535353

Post by bamafan535353 »

I have been playing on the ps4 for a while, but I'm going to be getting the pc version soon and want some advanced info about it beforehand. I know there are different mods and such, but any other differences I should be aware of would be appreciated!
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

markare wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:35 am
FordFarmer97 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:53 am

Actually you can buy the disc version for xbox one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Farming-Simula ... B074MHGDJ2
Oh sorry, I had no idea
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

bamafan535353 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:13 pm I have been playing on the ps4 for a while, but I'm going to be getting the pc version soon and want some advanced info about it beforehand. I know there are different mods and such, but any other differences I should be aware of would be appreciated!
More mods, if you don't have as good of a PC more laggyness, other than that it's pretty similar
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I've got to disagree with you there, Smith.
The selection of mods which change the game is much greater for PC, whether you want more realism or less.
You can get scripts to make the weight of crops more realistic, to change the behaviour of the AI, run several machines in convoy, automate the transport of crops, pick up bales by hand, teleport, and almost anything you can think of.
Not to mention being able to edit mods to your liking. Want more horsepower, capacity, fruit types, faster working speed? A few minutes in the XML file (once you've done the initial googling) and you can make a mod do what you want.
Also the much greater selection of maps, including bigger maps, maps with more crops, production facilities and whatever else the makers came up with.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc