New to farming? Ask questions here:

Gundad68

Re: Whole trees to lumber yard

Post by Gundad68 »

Bhcc wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:45 am What is the best way to take whole birch trees to lumber yard in westbrige hill on fs17? I found a way for the maple trees.
I drag them with a big tractor.Theres a thingy that attaches to tractors that works great. Forgot what its called. lol
Xbone player,too poor for a PC. lol
Gundad68

Re: Whole trees to lumber yard

Post by Gundad68 »

Gundad68 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:51 am
Bhcc wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:45 am What is the best way to take whole birch trees to lumber yard in westbrige hill on fs17? I found a way for the maple trees.
I drag them with a big tractor.Theres a thingy that attaches to tractors that works great. Forgot what its called. lol
FOUND IT...... Biobeltz Log Grapple RG 200
Xbone player,too poor for a PC. lol
Davids3031

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Davids3031 »

Hello, just started playing FS17 on Xbox one. Lawfolds map. I collected straw with forage wagon but can’t find anywhere to sell it? Is there such a place? Also can you tip straight from forage wagon to animals or does it have to be bales and or feeders? Thanks for any help.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

If you open the start menu in game, then tab right one screen to the prices, then scroll right on that screen, it shows you which crops can be sold where. The icons for each product aren't that obvious but you can mostly figure them out (they match the icon displayed on the bottom-left HUD when you have some of a material loaded). Particularly confusing is that the icon for straw is a square bale, silage is a round bale, grass is a blob with a tuft of grass on and hay is the same with a tiny little sun above it! And the one between the ball of wool and the silage bale is wood chips, I don't even know how to describe that one!
You can see from here that ANM bale sales (it's at the machinery dealer) will buy straw, grass and hay from you, in loose or bale form.
If you're using seasons, the price will show as 0, and you only get paid for baled straw and hay. Grass can't be sold with seasons, you have to ferment it into silage.
I believe you should be able to unload straight from a forage wagon or tipper trailer into the animal feed troughs.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
shamstead21

Post by shamstead21 »

how do you sell eggs once you collect them
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Theres a place on the map for that. You just have to look
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

A question. Ive got sandy bay 17. Just got pigs, gave them straw. But i cant give them water. The promt is there to unload, but nothing happens. Is this a bug?
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I can't give you any info on that but I gotta ask. Are you a new moderator? I haven't seen you before I don't think
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Smith Modding wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:29 pm I can't give you any info on that but I gotta ask. Are you a new moderator? I haven't seen you before I don't think

Im a very old one. I was here before 15 launched on console. Just got 17 yesterday

PS4 user
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Skullblits wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:23 pm A question. Ive got sandy bay 17. Just got pigs, gave them straw. But i cant give them water. The promt is there to unload, but nothing happens. Is this a bug?
Are you at the right trough for it?
#LimeGreenPower
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

FordFarmer97 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:55 pm
Skullblits wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:23 pm A question. Ive got sandy bay 17. Just got pigs, gave them straw. But i cant give them water. The promt is there to unload, but nothing happens. Is this a bug?

*slaps forehead* My pigs and i thank you :hi:

PS4 user
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Might want to update those links skullblits :lol: but hey at least you got to the pig pen I can't even tell the difference between the logos half the time :blushnew: :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Skullblits wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:26 am
FordFarmer97 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:55 pm

*slaps forehead* My pigs and i thank you :hi:

No problem! :hi:
#LimeGreenPower
Old Iron Best Iron.
RougeScrub81228

Post by RougeScrub81228 »

Will a field have a higher yield if both dry and liquid fertilizer are applied in a single fertilizing state or just one or the other..... Anyone have a respectable answer?
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I don't think it matters
#LimeGreenPower
Old Iron Best Iron.