New to farming? Ask questions here:

eric21

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by eric21 »

Are you on about the rear section of the trailer?
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

ClassicTractors wrote:Try finding the wood chip sale point. Normally, wood chips and lumber are sold at the same sale point.
Not even sure where that is lol. Is there an icon for it in the sale price menu?
PS4: EL3MENTGAMER // GÓRALE - FS17 // SEASONS
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

El3mentGamer wrote:
ClassicTractors wrote:Try finding the wood chip sale point. Normally, wood chips and lumber are sold at the same sale point.
Not even sure where that is lol. Is there an icon for it in the sale price menu?
Wood chips is listed between wool and silage in the pricing screen I think.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

The icon is a pile of chips and I think Jimbob is right about it being between wool and silage.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. Never gotten into forestry yet so I wasn't sure what to look for.

Thanks both.
ClassicTractors

El3mentGamer wrote:Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. Never gotten into forestry yet so I wasn't sure what to look for.

Thanks both.
No problem :)

- Garth Brooks
Kiwibomber91

Post by Kiwibomber91 »

Guil wrote:A new feature of the patch makes only the map you are playing visible in the mod selection screen.
Thanks for your reply I understand that is one of the features of update but it only showing the two stock maps when I go to start a new save game it still only shows stock maps tho I have three in my mod folder ?? I tryed to download a map from the in game modhub and still the same no show so can’t use ????
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

ClassicTractors wrote:
El3mentGamer wrote:Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. Never gotten into forestry yet so I wasn't sure what to look for.

Thanks both.
No problem :)
:blushnew: So.. I overloaded my pickup truck and rolled it WAAYY before getting to the sell point. I said screw it and reset my truck and went for another load..

HAPPENED AGAIN! Lmao. Maybe one day I'll make it to the sell point. Hagenstedt is rough lol.
ClassicTractors

^^ lol....I've done that a few times myself with flatbed trailers stacked 3-4 high with square bales.

- Garth Brooks
Progeekzy

Post by Progeekzy »

Best way to fill a chaff?

Ive been using a tipper and just dumping it in there but it gets really bumpy and hard to work with. I thought about using a auger wagon and go at it from the side, fill in the bumps when they happen. But auger wagons dont hold grass. So, cant do that.

Anyone have a better idea?
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ It's way easier if you use a leveler. I put the leveler down while I pull the wagons through. It works good
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Progeekzy

Post by Progeekzy »

ya i use a lever as well. Should i use it with a heavy tractor? I tried to do a light weight one, as light as i could, something that can ride on top of the chaff.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I've been using an 8700 Massey with all duals, with a leveler on the front. It seems to work good
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Just make sure you go slow with the leveller or else it will dig in and create dips and hollows.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

If you’re going to fill less than about 0.5 million litres then the easiest approach is to tip each load along the bunker with a steady speed set on the cruise control. Usual approach is one side then the other then the middle. That should keep it pretty even. Levellers take quite a lot of practise and can trip you up even when you think you’ve cracked it. The Stego 500 is by far the best tool for compacting work so I’d recommend giving that a go once you have it fairly level (doesn’t need to be billiard table smooth).

If you’ll have more than 1/2 million litres then the quickest way is to tip in a large pile starting at one end then working along the bunker from there. There is a max fill level for the bunkers and when it reaches this it auto levels out. When done with the tipping use a silage fork or bucket to collect the untidy areas at the ends of the pile and drive on top then tip to fill in any gaps. Hook a couple of stego 500s to your tractor and drive on top to compact, you’ll be done in no time and the bunker will look awesome.