New to farming? Ask questions here:

GUBLER

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by GUBLER »

How does the soil compacting work in 17

Gubler
"Leaders must be seen to be up front, up to date, up to their job and up early in the morning."
-Marcus Sieff
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

GCV sawmill, where do I unload the wood chips? I know where the log drop off is, and the water drop off, but don't see any marked off area for wood chips. Have 59k worth and don't want to dump them on the ground, then have to shovel them somewhere else.
FS-19 (PC)
Ntw1986

Post by Ntw1986 »

Round the otherside of the building to the log sales. It looks like a big manure pile but it is infact woodchios.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Okay, thank you much. :biggrin2:
FS-19 (PC)
packer_fan

Post by packer_fan »

how do you know when to use a weight and how big of a weight? so far all my tractors seem to handle things fine
Guil

Post by Guil »

For the most part they do but if you are driving and the front of the tractor feels very light with say a plow on the back then you need to add a weight. It's mostly trial and error.
Lukejf

Post by Lukejf »

Hey Guys, I have a question about workers. I have noticed some times my bank account slowly drains when a hire workers and then sometimes wages come out in lump sums. I believe I have turned off all auto seed purchases etc. any ideas
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Lukejf wrote:Hey Guys, I have a question about workers. I have noticed some times my bank account slowly drains when a hire workers and then sometimes wages come out in lump sums. I believe I have turned off all auto seed purchases etc. any ideas
Well, it could be your daily maintenance cost, on fs15 you'd buy a tractor at a certain time, the next day at that same time, it'll take out the money, im not 100% sure if thats the same in fs17, but i assume that will be the case.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I thought all costs like that came out at midnight on fs15 as well.

I think the hourly thing is just a summary of what the wages were. I don't think it gets deducted a second time.
badbugg2013

Re: New to farming?

Post by badbugg2013 »

I am playing on xbox one and for some reason whenever I upload a new town/map in the mods section it wont bring me there. it says that the mod has been uploaded but it wont let me get there. All of the other mods seem to work.

Thank you.
packer_fan

Post by packer_fan »

2 quesstions
how can you tell which trailers are able to attach to other trailers before you buy? if u can

are there any trailers wide enough to haul combines?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

packer_fan wrote:2 quesstions
how can you tell which trailers are able to attach to other trailers before you buy? if u can

are there any trailers wide enough to haul combines?
1st question, you cant, if you played fs15, you would know which trailers have an additional hitch, 2nd question, there might be mods out there, but the vanilla game trailers no.
rhr58

Post by rhr58 »

I downloaded FS 17 and went to the 1st tutorial and when the 1st tutorial loaded my viewer was going around counter clockwise as if I was turning in a circle and will not stop.
Progeekzy

Post by Progeekzy »

Can i link the combine with anything to add functionality somehow?

The first thing i tried to link with the combine was a Auger wagon, thinking it would basically act like an extension of the combines internal storage and feeding directly into it while i harvested. Nope.

Next i tried things like loading wagons to pick up the straw as i harvested the wheat, that didint seem to work.

Is anything like this possible? I know about the follow me mod, but id like to find an alternative to that and think things together.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Progeekzy wrote:Can i link the combine with anything to add functionality somehow?

The first thing i tried to link with the combine was a Auger wagon, thinking it would basically act like an extension of the combines internal storage and feeding directly into it while i harvested. Nope.

Next i tried things like loading wagons to pick up the straw as i harvested the wheat, that didint seem to work.

Is anything like this possible? I know about the follow me mod, but id like to find an alternative to that and think things together.
The biggest combine, someone said you can harvest and bale at the same time, dk if they did this for fs17.