New to farming? Ask questions here:

Toastedfrog0696
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:21 pm

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Toastedfrog0696 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:01 pm

I have been wondering if the concrete roller will be coming to consoles. If any one has any feedback on this, it would be appreciated.

User avatar
Guil
Moderator
Posts: 4250
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Guil » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:04 am

It's already on console but I presume you are referring to the ground modifio mod which I doubt will come to console.

Virent
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:46 am

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Virent » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:55 am

bigcrazewolf wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:12 am
Thanks Alagos that mod did the trick, but I did find one that allows you to keep the wood as chips http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator-codes... ddy-1-0-1/ it is very picky about how you have to have it angled to cut the tree.


Thanks for this mod!

User avatar
Farmer Foley
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:16 am

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Farmer Foley » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Hello all..no im not new to farming but have two questions that im struggling to get the answers for..
1. Achievments.. where it says earn a million, breed 20 cows etc.. it says help each farmer once , i have done this twice but no achievement..dose it mean that or do i need to have the green bar all the way across for each farmer.?
2. what the heck is the basketball achievement about ?
Im on Xbox so any help please..ive tried to find the answers , Thanks

Peter Griffin
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Peter Griffin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Farmer Foley wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:30 pm
Hello all..no im not new to farming but have two questions that im struggling to get the answers for..
1. Achievments.. where it says earn a million, breed 20 cows etc.. it says help each farmer once , i have done this twice but no achievement..dose it mean that or do i need to have the green bar all the way across for each farmer.?
2. what the heck is the basketball achievement about ?
Im on Xbox so any help please..ive tried to find the answers , Thanks


Number 2 is make I think 3 baskets(could be more or less I don't remember) with a basket ball. Goldcrest has one in town

User avatar
oolykee
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 7:21 am

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by oolykee » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:14 pm

1. I believe it's every farmer in the game, not on the map. So if you did it on a modded map I don't think every modded map has all of the farmers. I believe safe way would be to do it on a base game map.

2. I believe this means 3 point shot? From 3 point line.

I might be standing here corrected soon but this is how I understood it. :)
Check out our channel:
https://goo.gl/EUTkLW

New video every day.
Here is the newest one:
https://goo.gl/SrBkQ1

Check out our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Oolykee-Gaming ... 843882487/

User avatar
Farmer Foley
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:16 am

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Farmer Foley » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Thanks guys

Peter Griffin
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by Peter Griffin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:09 pm

could be from 3pt line. I don't know as I don't care about the achievements

jamesadams933
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by jamesadams933 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:36 pm

I think I remember having to make a 3pt shot to get the achievement, don't remember for sure as it was awhile ago.

pbrover65
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by pbrover65 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Hello,I have been advised to ask for help here so,I have downloaded a map but I cannot work out where to put it for it to show in my game which is fs13,so please can someone please explain in simple terms how I get this to work,i have also got a map in the Giants editor but I cannot find a way to get that in my game so any help from anyone I would be greatfull for.thanks.

ctgreybeard
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:15 pm

Whats wrong with my field?

Post by ctgreybeard » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:38 am

I've just started playing on my Switch after a couple of tries on the PC. The Switch seems easier to control. I have two fields, 14 and 15, planted and they show Growing as solid green on the Map Overview. Field 12 is giving me trouble. It shows as "spotty" blue under Cultivated in Map Overview. I tried planting a few rows and those areas are now the same spotty pattern but green under Growing. I tried using a Helper for the planting but they would plant only part of a row then it would say they have completed their task. I think I need to do something to the field but I'm not sure what, exactly. I only have the original equipment and I have done a few missions so I do have a few extra bucks. I even bought a Pressure Washer because I didn't like to leave the tractors all dirty!

What should I try on Field 12?

Bill W

User avatar
oolykee
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 7:21 am

Re: Whats wrong with my field?

Post by oolykee » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:16 am

ctgreybeard wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:38 am
I've just started playing on my Switch after a couple of tries on the PC. The Switch seems easier to control. I have two fields, 14 and 15, planted and they show Growing as solid green on the Map Overview. Field 12 is giving me trouble. It shows as "spotty" blue under Cultivated in Map Overview. I tried planting a few rows and those areas are now the same spotty pattern but green under Growing. I tried using a Helper for the planting but they would plant only part of a row then it would say they have completed their task. I think I need to do something to the field but I'm not sure what, exactly. I only have the original equipment and I have done a few missions so I do have a few extra bucks. I even bought a Pressure Washer because I didn't like to leave the tractors all dirty!

What should I try on Field 12?

Bill W
Hi,

Blue color is the fertilizing stage. if it is "spotty" as you say that means you missed the parts in one of the previous fertilizing stages.

But don't worry about it. As soon as you harvest you will be able to apply fertilizer again and opportunity to do a better job next time. :)

"Spotty" means that little piece will have slightly less grain or what ever you planted. :)

Now workers will not seed if it has already been seeded. So if you hire them for a job that has already been done they will not function. See under crops what crop has been seeded in that field. If there is a crop growing you just need to wait and/or speed up time and give it a chance to grow. :)

Hope it helps. :hi:
Check out our channel:
https://goo.gl/EUTkLW

New video every day.
Here is the newest one:
https://goo.gl/SrBkQ1

Check out our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Oolykee-Gaming ... 843882487/

pbrover65
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by pbrover65 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:57 pm

*thumbsdown*
pbrover65 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:51 pm
Hello,I have been advised to ask for help here so,I have downloaded a map but I cannot work out where to put it for it to show in my game which is fs13,so please can someone please explain in simple terms how I get this to work,i have also got a map in the Giants editor but I cannot find a way to get that in my game so any help from anyone I would be greatfull for.thanks.
Can no one help me?should I just give up on what used to be a great helpful forum,where have all the great members gone?

jamesadams933
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by jamesadams933 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:31 pm

From what i understand installing mods was the same in fs13 as it is now, theres a lot of videos and descriptions around, as far as the giants editor part, modding would be a better place to post that question.

cmdrbyron
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Re: New to farming? Ask questions here:

Post by cmdrbyron » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:57 pm

pbrover65 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:57 pm
Can no one help me?should I just give up on what used to be a great helpful forum,where have all the great members gone?
This type of attitude doesn't help matters either - you came asking for help, and didn't wait too long before lashing out, further disincentivizing helping you.

Have you considered that you are playing a version that is 2 generations removed from the current one (soon to be 3)? It could just be that no one reading this particular thread has sufficient experience to respond. And no, that is NOT a recommendation to scatter your request across the entire forum.

I would try over in the Mod Sub-Forum, might be someone over there with the answers you seek.

Post Reply