Wanna do missions? Better don't!

MeeaaW

Re: Wanna do missions? Better don't!

Post by MeeaaW »

ouhaha wrote: Finish a job in a given time [but I would rather use my equipment].
That could be another option to choose- my or given equipment.
summerrider

Post by summerrider »

I am still using missions on my first map. It's normal difficulty. I use them as a way to experiment with the different equipment. I used them to discover the tractors I like and the ones that look cool but stink in the field.

I knew about the plant growth stopping when you work a field. That was just a something I accepted going in. I'm currently on route to buy up all of the remaining fields. I also tend to "snipe" the crops I want when I buy fields. "Oh mission giver, I see you want me to plant corn. Ok, I've already plowed the field and then you will want me to fertilize 3 times. Good Good. Oh, now you want me to harvest that corn. How about I just buy the field and now I have a fully fertilized and plowed field of corn."

I will probably NOT use any missions on other maps, but they were a great teaching tool. (I also have GPS installed, so once I learned what I wanted, I just turned it on, and then watch TV/videos, while it worked.)
Blademaster

Post by Blademaster »

I only do missions when a worker is either cultivating or sowing. I only do big fields and only harvest. I always get time bonus. I use money to pay off loan.
Forseti

Post by Forseti »

I do the mission only for lower the prices of fields I want to buy. So I do only the short ones (fertilizing e.g.). And I only do them, when the helper is doing stuff for me. Its win win. The work for my field gets done and the prices for fields drop.
Fordson

Post by Fordson »

Sure you can do missions. You just have to realize your crops do not grow while you do the missions. When you want your crops growing and speed up to time factor 120 you just have to do some other jobs like feeding the animals or visiting the dealer. Search for mods or do something in RL. You just can not spend the time doing missions. So what?
LS17, what else?