Comments on the Kuhn DLC

jenna_q

Re: Comments on the Kuhn DLC

Post by jenna_q »

I liked the Discolander, but now that I used it, I don't really like it. Unless you are driving 100% straight the cultivator part grabs little pieces of soil that the seeder on it wont. So what I end up with is like morse code bare patches where 2 swathes meet. I tried it even with a worker and even it left some bare spots too. So it's a cool cultivator, but the seeder part isn't perfect.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Fight-Test

Post by Fight-Test »

guys, I was trying some of the Kuhn stuff over the weekend that I haven't used yet and found a couple problems but wanted to make sure its not user error. I already posted in the bug forum but wanted to make sure the I wasn't the issue. This is on console.

1. The discolander that can plant grass or cover crop. So its a culitivator first and you have to manually drive it while seeding to start and then hire worker and he will seed for you but when he comes to the end of the row he stops where the cultivator stops instead of where the seeder stops. So when he turns to do the next row he is on ground with no seed so he continues to just cultivate instead of seed. Seems like it needs to be fixed so the seeder go's all the way to end of row and I think it would be fixed. Would be nice if when you selected the seed you could choose grass, cover crop on cultivator only. I tried about everything and this would be a great piece of equip for me but I can't figure the damn thing out.

2. The Kuhn mower. WTF. I tried different maps, fields, tractors, disabled mods just about everything but the mower only does one pass down and one pass back. It starts like its going to keep going but just stops. 2 passes is the most I can get out of it.

Any thoughts? Is it me or do these just need to be fixed?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

What map is it?
Fight-Test

Post by Fight-Test »

eric, I tried Goldcrest, Sandybay, Lawfolds and Coldbourgh. The mower just won't do more than 2 passes and I thought well maybe its the mods and even with them not active it didn't help. I tried square fields on Goldcrest because I though well maybe its the uneven fields but still nothing. NO matter what I tried the mower wont do more than 2 passes then stops. The discolander must be a problem because there was already a thread about it in the bug section. The discolander will only cultivate when you start a field but if you manually start it with the seeder on then hire a worker it will work fine. But when it gets to end of the row the seeder turns off with about 1 or 2 meters to go and then it turns and starts back down but only cultivating with no seed. You manually do the entire field if you want to plant anything, otherwise its just a cultivator.
Eldo31

Post by Eldo31 »

Just wish the have made the subsoiler create plowed texture as it did in the 3m model in FS15, problem solved. The 320hp requirement is a bit insane as once I can afford a 350k tractor, I'm sure as heck not going to be using 4m equipment. I wholeheartedly agree with some of the previous comments that we need the ability to tweak some of these values ourselves rather than be stuck with locked files, waiting for updates that probably will never come. I was able to confirm at least that the subsoiler, although creating "cultivated" texture, does satisfy the "plowing needed" requirement on a vanilla map just after harvesting. I pulled it by itself through a field, and it seemed to work, although very slowly <2mph despite exceeding the required 100hp by more than 30 extra. My personal request Giants? If you won't give us the ability to tweak values on paid dlc, then drop these small implements hp requirements so a mid-range 200hp tractor can handle the complete 3-way kit, perhaps an honest 60-70hp for the subsoiler (and make it create plow texture or theirs absolutely no reason for the actual cultivator), 80-100hp for the cultivator, and <50hp for that simple straight seed drill. Tyvm
novass

Post by novass »

I haven't used all pieces yet..one thing missing in this bunch is a extra solid pellet fertilizer tank for the front.I only use 4/5 meter at the .biggest.usually it 3 meters..I don't care for trailer style implements only 3 point hitch implements..thank you for thid pack....Chris