playing RDR2
eric21

Re: Goweil RBA - Round Bale mixer... your thoughts

Post by eric21 »

Mrsealyp has given a review on youtube
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Thanks eric... it was a good watch... if anyone else is interested in the review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmyg8cae7xs

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
andhe78

Post by andhe78 »

I actually really like the thing.

Would love to see more unique, clever mods like this one. Good job.
bale_baron

Post by bale_baron »

It's a great thing to have on smaller dairy farms which I prefer.
The only thing I dislike is that it requires straw to make TMR, it will not let you do it 50/50 hay/silage like the ingame mixers does.
Fight-Test

Post by Fight-Test »

bale_baron wrote:It's a great thing to have on smaller dairy farms which I prefer.
The only thing I dislike is that it requires straw to make TMR, it will not let you do it 50/50 hay/silage like the ingame mixers does.
I thought they fixed that across the board on all mixers. I think you have to use straw on all of them now. It was a bug before that you didn't have to use hay.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

bale_baron wrote:It's a great thing to have on smaller dairy farms which I prefer.
I would prefer to cut TMR with straw anyway... as it's value is far less then that of silage, which i can sell to make more bank...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
bale_baron

Post by bale_baron »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
I would prefer to cut TMR with straw anyway... as it's value is far less then that of silage, which i can sell to make more bank...
Yeah well I would never feed my dairy cows with straw, I don't care if this game will allow me to do it and still get maximum productivity, it's just wrong.
I'm ok with a lot of the unrealistic aspects of this game, as long as I can avoid them to play in a more realistic way, the way I prefer.

This mod is great, it would be excellent if it did not force me to feed my cows straw.
bale_baron

Post by bale_baron »

Fight-Test wrote:
I thought they fixed that across the board on all mixers. I think you have to use straw on all of them now. It was a bug before that you didn't have to use hay.
What they fixed was the grass -> hay conversion bug.
You could use grass bales as a substitute for hay which made the tedder pointless.

You are not forced to use straw in the ingame mixers. This is a common misunderstanding.
You need at least 0% straw, 20% hay and 20% silage.
PureMassacre187

Post by PureMassacre187 »

I like it. Though im preferable to the mixer wagons. The loading mechanism is a little janky. But it can double as a straw bale chopper for the bedding. Just make sure your at trough. If not itll just dump.
:arrow:Andy Ps4 Fs17 :this:
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

bale_baron wrote:
cr41g_1965 wrote:
Yeah well I would never feed my dairy cows with straw, I don't care if this game will allow me to do it and still get maximum productivity, it's just wrong.
I'm ok with a lot of the unrealistic aspects of this game, as long as I can avoid them to play in a more realistic way, the way I prefer.

This mod is great, it would be excellent if it did not force me to feed my cows straw.
But you don't feed them straw as such, The straw is added to the powerfood/Tmr ration as in REAL life you feed a little straw for roughage as well as Silage, Brewers grains, Sugar beet pulp, Molasses, And I seem to remember something called Megalac being added to the mixing wagon as well as Maize. Oh and also citrus fruit waste too.
Kieran583

Post by Kieran583 »

bale_baron wrote:

Irl we feed straw in mixed feed. It's actually good for rument animals it encourages bacteria and enzymes in their stomachs and it is good as a filler as well
Trucker and farmer for life *thumbsup*
Just joined the PC fraternity :gamer:
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

I tried using it in my "Test farm" save I use before buying it for use on a real farm save.

Thought the bale lifter was hard to use, in fact really hard.

Love the price

Used it to spread straw on the floor - which would save money on the small setup As you wouldnt need a straw bale shredder

As a tool and not a trailer a little easier to maneuver into position

You don't need forklifts as you do with the trailer options

Also saw you might buy two of them and mount them front and rear to increase yield or two spread straw from one and TMR from the other

Final thoughts - probably will just continue using the TMR trailer options. This tool isn't good enough in any area to out play the other TMR trailers, unless it came with a farm in the initial starting setup.
jimjam828

Post by jimjam828 »

Great little mod, but.....
Capacity 12000 unrealistic for physical size of machine. Understand why it was set at that, to allow 3 bales.
Mixers now don't need straw, although it is optional.

As I play on PC, I've changed settings to:- silage and hay 20% to 75%, straw 0% to 30% Also reduced ovrall capacity to 7800.
That allows me to use 1 bale hay plus 2 buckets loose silage for TMR. If you use silage bales, could set capacity to 8000
It can also then take 1 bale hay only to feed to sheep, or 1 bale straw for bedding.

I still prefer the Keenen Mech340, but again I reduced overall capacity to 9800, nearer to original issue. That allows 1 bale hay plus 3 buckets loose silage.Then I use the Mchale blower for hay and straw, very realistic
FearEile

Post by FearEile »

I can't test this til later but does anyone happen to know if this will shred grass bales?
Eggsbox: FearEile