Silage: Bale v. Pit

bale_baron

Re: Silage: Bale v. Pit

Post by bale_baron »

ArizonaSnow wrote:Well I counted all that I could make and it was definitely 150. It was on the Chellington map so I not sure if the limit counts all the scenery bales too?!?!?
Maybe you got 50 or so bales rolled away and hidden in ditches and bushes? ;)
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

Is there a bale limit difference between the PS3/Xbox 360 and PS4/Xbox One?
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Guil

Post by Guil »

jaro76 wrote: I dont have issue with conveyors setup, works perfect. But BGA capacity is 50k (on Lossberg at least) and got filled up within a few minutes. then BGA consumes one liter per second approx., means you can sell only 3.6k an hour. I did not find a way to overcome that limitation, and did not see any YT video for it. I was wondering if there is any workaround.
If you leave the speed on 5x it should be enough to keep it from filling up. 15x is definitely enough.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

ArizonaSnow wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
ArizonaSnow wrote:
The bale limit on consoles is 150, I know this because once I reached the limit I counted how many bales I had. The baler will stop once you reach the limit and you get a message on screen to tell you you are at the limit.
No, Stiegl said it was 200 long time ago.

Well I counted all that I could make and it was definitely 150. It was on the Chellington map so I not sure if the limit counts all the scenery bales too?!?!?
Didn't someone say it depends on the map?
jaro76

Post by jaro76 »

Guil wrote: If you leave the speed on 5x it should be enough to keep it from filling up. 15x is definitely enough.
OK,but this does not change BGA 'consumption speed' limit, which is not more than 100k per day. So I need almost ingame month to sell 2M bunker. Unless i am doing something wrong :/
PS4
Guil

Post by Guil »

I sold over 1 million litres in one continuous go. When you speed up time the bga uses the silage quicker as well.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I prefer silage pit over bales to feed the cows.

I already make bales for hay, then I feed 4 haybales in the mixerwagon, and top it off with silage with the loader. It's always the same mixture this way :) 25% hay, 75%silage

When I am up for it, I make some silage bales, keep some at hand in case I run out of silage from the pit, and need some time to fill it again.
The others I bring to the BGA and throw them there in the mixer.
PS4 player
dreamkruiser

Post by dreamkruiser »

I've been converting to bulk because of Bale limits on console, I also had a lag issue recently and it's not fun to deal with. I also think dealing with chaff would be easier than grass, since all you need is a harvester and tipper versus a tractor, mowers, Tedder and windrower, plus a boiler, wrapper and maybe a Bale stacker. the equipment isn't the issue really, but all the time changing tools and whatnot. I feel grass can be a bit of a hassle.
jaro76

Post by jaro76 »

Guil wrote:I sold over 1 million litres in one continuous go. When you speed up time the bga uses the silage quicker as well.
But that took more that one in game day. And that will affect my daily operations, since now to keep all running i am spending about 6-7 hours per game day on x1 speed, if i will speed up i will start running out of time.
So seems there is no workaround, I can sell only < 100k of silage per game day, period.
PS4
Guil

Post by Guil »

No it didn't, it was daylight throughout.
Lootachrist

Post by Lootachrist »

You can sell like 100 lieters per second for the entire day if you want. That comes out to about 8.7 million lieters a day. Some maps do process slower at 75 lieters a second. But you can pack that whole 5 silos up and can darn near sell it all. Not much point in playing after that. Its quite a chunk of change.
jaro76

Post by jaro76 »

Then i dont understand something, can it be map related (Lossberg)?
Im usually starting to sell in the game evening (6 pm), and set time to 60x. it takes till 3 am to fill silo to approx 40+k; then i switch to 120x so around 7-8 am it gets to 50k. then i stop, I set time to x1 and i can see BGA fill level drops 1l/sec. Based on value earned (income ~26k, @250/1000l) i calculate ~100k sold silage (same when i was checking silo fill level, but did not note numbers) within 14 game hours.
So you are saying if i will continue on 120x (or 5x or 60x or whatever), i will be able to sell remaining 8.6 million liters in 10 hours? Does not make sense to me.
PS4
Lootachrist

Post by Lootachrist »

Im on russian map. I know lossberg does have a slower processing time than the normal game maps. Maybe its a intended handicap only the maker knows.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It must be something with the map because anytime I've done silage the hopper consumption increases when you speed up time.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

jaro76 wrote:Then i dont understand something, can it be map related (Lossberg)?
Im usually starting to sell in the game evening (6 pm), and set time to 60x. it takes till 3 am to fill silo to approx 40+k; then i switch to 120x so around 7-8 am it gets to 50k. then i stop, I set time to x1 and i can see BGA fill level drops 1l/sec. Based on value earned (income ~26k, @250/1000l) i calculate ~100k sold silage (same when i was checking silo fill level, but did not note numbers) within 14 game hours.
So you are saying if i will continue on 120x (or 5x or 60x or whatever), i will be able to sell remaining 8.6 million liters in 10 hours? Does not make sense to me.
Do not set the time to 60 then

I dunno if you are shoveling or using belts, but the belts supply does not increase when the game speeds up.

I always used belts and then speed 1x till mixer full switch to 120x for 4 seconds, mixer almost empty (don't let it run empty=waste of time spend) and repeat.
PS4 player