Making The Most Of Yield/Crop Harvest

slammedking

Making The Most Of Yield/Crop Harvest

Post by slammedking »

:hi:
Hello there fellow farming simmers,
a friend and myself was wondering what is the best route of action to get the most out of harvesting and getting 100% yield out of one field.
Any opinions would be much appreciated
:gamer:
Xbox ONE and Twitch streamer
ErwinR55

Re: Making The Most Of Yield/Crop Harvest

Post by ErwinR55 »

Depends how you wanna play.
Disabling 3 fertillizer stages is easier (only one stage, mostly sowing)

Disabling ploughing is also very easy.

For the rest: just play the game as it should be, and you will get 100% the easy or hard way. Not much more to it actually.
PS4 player
slammedking

Post by slammedking »

Thanks for the reply,

I mean when you have planted at what stage do you fertillizer in the growing stages.

As i have found out that you can fertillize as soon as you have harvested
Xbox ONE and Twitch streamer
Chad

Post by Chad »

I have just recently switched to 3x fertilizing with plowing(prior was 1x fert, with plowing). Currently I harvest, fertilize. Then use a no-till planter(gets you to level 2). Then run over the crop once it emerges with dry spreader
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

The best way to fertilize is the following. First fertilize right after your harvest. Plow the field. Fertilize it again. Then cultivate. Then the last fertilization. And sow your crop. This way you don't have to worry about destroying your crop, if you have the destruction mod. Unless you have care wheels.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I have 3x fertiliser and ploughing turned on and am thinking ploughing isn't worth it as it only adds another 10%, so if you make £60000 off a field you'll only make another £18000 over 3 harvests
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I haven't done the math on the ploughing yet, but that was my first reaction when I saw how long it would take you to plough.
Considering you are probably using a hired worker, it adds to the costs. So I guess out of 10 (just a random nr I choose now) harvests without waiting for ploughing you have a full harvest you can grow it that time again.

I am running now a 150 ha big operation, if I want to plough in a reasonable time scedule, I need about 10 ploughing tractors or so :P
PS4 player
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I ended up turning plowing off. Simply not enough hours in my day to spend on plowing. Especially on RV. Perhaps if and when GIANTS decide to expand plows to include disk rippers I might consider switching plowing back on. As such, I adjusted the yields to compensate and moved on.
MeeaaW

Post by MeeaaW »

for me the plan is so..
right after harvest- slurry
after slurry seed oilseed radish
after it grows- weed
cultivate and seed what I want...
harvest...
right after harvest- slurry
after slurry seed oilseed radish
after it grows- weed
IF need to plough, then do that now, not before
seed beets, potatoes or most probably corn :)
harvest... etc...

so, no chemicals... :)
i'm using sowers without fertilizers... had to take mod for corn etc seeding without fertilizer...

if wanna use fertilizers, then I like 2 run way.. :D seed oilseed radish- lvl 1 for seeding, lvl 2 for cultivating, lvl 3 for seeding what I want :D
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I still don't get (for realism, since you are strickt on your organic rules also, you DO account for realism) your Weed after oilseed radish....... Oilseed radish IS weed, that you are gonna cultivate under anyway.

Weed after you have normally seeded your crop like any sensible farmer would do :P
PS4 player
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

I'm playing on Coldborough now and I don't plow there, but on GCV I always plowed when I was ready to plant corn or sunflowers. I know it's not realistic, but not having to cultivate before it made up some of the time. I haven't played GCV in a while though so this may have changed.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
MeeaaW

Post by MeeaaW »

ErwinR55 wrote:I still don't get (for realism, since you are strickt on your organic rules also, you DO account for realism) your Weed after oilseed radish....... Oilseed radish IS weed, that you are gonna cultivate under anyway.

Weed after you have normally seeded your crop like any sensible farmer would do :P
I just stick to game without chemicals :D
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

mackintosh wrote:I ended up turning plowing off. Simply not enough hours in my day to spend on plowing. Especially on RV. Perhaps if and when GIANTS decide to expand plows to include disk rippers I might consider switching plowing back on. As such, I adjusted the yields to compensate and moved on.
By RV, do you mean Rattle Snake Valley?
If so, sign up to American Eagles Modding and there is a couple of nice disk rippers on there, up to 15m in size.
I'm currently using the 11m Case plow and it sure covers some ground!
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
aklein

Post by aklein »

MeeaaW wrote:
:mrgreen:

Me on the other hand. I go all chemical on most maps. :shock:

Harvest, Spread solid fertilizer #1, Plow if needed or cultivate (if on map with copped straw then #2 fertilizer state), spread solid fertilizer #2 or #3 depending on chopped straw, sow or plant crop (if implement does not fertilize at same time then i spread solid fertilizer after planting #3), move on to next field.

I tend to have several fields in the same growth stage so come harvest time I go harvest the first field and start the harvest with hired worker on second field. then I start the fertilizer spreader on first field and then start the cultivator right afterwards. since the spreader is faster and wider than cultivator it can finish before the cultivator. then I wait for cultivator to finish, then run over the field again with solid fertilizer, then I start the planter/sower and move the fertilizer spreader to the next field and start the whole process over again. Usually I can keep courseplay or hired workers running on three fields at the same time with this method and then I run the tipper between the harvest field to the silo and watch for the AI to get into trouble.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

MeeaaW wrote:
ErwinR55 wrote:I still don't get (for realism, since you are strickt on your organic rules also, you DO account for realism) your Weed after oilseed radish....... Oilseed radish IS weed, that you are gonna cultivate under anyway.

I got that part, still doesn't make sense to weed your oil seeds :gamer:
PS4 player