Horsepower Requirement

mespalin

Horsepower Requirement

Post by mespalin »

Hey folks, just started CPF and am loving it. Seriously looking into the new Kuhn DC401 subsoiler/HR4004 cultivator/BTF4000 sower combo, but have a question regarding HP requirements. The fact sheets have listed HP requirements of 130/100/100 for these implements, for a total of 330 HP. How do they calculate the HP requirements, the total of all implements used at once, or is it just the HP of the largest implement used? Has anyone tried this setup with a less than 300HP tractor? I am currently running the Fendt 724 as my main/starter tractor, would this be enough to run this setup, or no? Once i get a few cycles through I certainly plan to add a larger field tractor, but for now this is what i have to work with.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
fenixguy

Re: Horsepower Requirement

Post by fenixguy »

Short answer: No, the 724 will not run the full Khun combo.

Long answer: The game adds each individual implement's HP requirement to the total. You also have to account for the hills, especially on CPF. The game's HP requirements are for perfectly flat terrain. I usually add ~15-20% to the HP requirement when matching an implement to the tractor. I tried the Khun combo on a T7.315 and it would just barely do 5 mph up a slight hill. I would think a good match would be one of the 3 big Agcos (939, 8737, S374) or a T8/ Magnum.
Last edited by fenixguy on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

it would be the total of the implements.. from what ive heard with the new Kuhn setup u will want as much power as u can muster pulling it and I imagine its even more important on those hills on cpf as my 400hp valtra dogs down with the 9m pronto behind it on them... good luck and keep me posted on how it works plz.. I have the dlc on my console but I'm still debating if its worth the $ to put it on my pc as well lol
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

I tested the 336 hp Deutz Fahr Series 9 with all of them on CPF, as it's the main map I play and it works fine - do note the cultivator with plow bonus only does 7 mph so speed will be 7 mph max
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

At least 350hp, I have mine on a Valtra S at 400hp but as wildberry says your limited to 7 mph with the plough up front.
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

cool, thanks for the input. I will definitely hold off until I can save up enough to get my favorite MF8700. Wish I could just drive it over from GCV. Am I correct in assuming you can remove the DC401 from the combo when plowing is not required on the field? Thanks all!
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

As bad as it sounds I wouldn't bother with that set up, its slow and doesn't really do a clean job ( bare patches everywhere ) but if taking over an hour real time to plant a field is your thing go for it. It is such a shame as it's a cool looking set up, I even tried a worker but he makes a complete pigs ear of it!
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Patrick73 wrote:As bad as it sounds I wouldn't bother with that set up, its slow and doesn't really do a clean job ( bare patches everywhere ) but if taking over an hour real time to plant a field is your thing go for it. It is such a shame as it's a cool looking set up, I even tried a worker but he makes a complete pigs ear of it!
I have to agree with you. I thought it looked neat too. But if you have a 350+ hp tractor to begin with, I'd rather use some 9m stuff. That's just me though.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

fenixguy wrote:
I have to agree with you. I thought it looked neat too. But if you have a 350+ hp tractor to begin with, I'd rather use some 9m stuff. That's just me though.
No not just you I agree 100%.. buy a jympa plough and carry on using the horsch
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

Patrick73 wrote:As bad as it sounds I wouldn't bother with that set up, its slow and doesn't really do a clean job ( bare patches everywhere ) but if taking over an hour real time to plant a field is your thing go for it. It is such a shame as it's a cool looking set up, I even tried a worker but he makes a complete pigs ear of it!
Thanks Patrick. That's good to know, and will maybe invest in something different.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Yeah, I run the Kuhn plow/cultivator/seeder on my New Holland T7 with the 313hp engine, and it handles it fine.
As long as the field is flat!! On any kind of incline, I slow to about 4-5 mph...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain