Wow, Something you didn't know about farming Simulator 17

Sid1701d

Wow, Something you didn't know about farming Simulator 17

Post by Sid1701d »

Did you know that you can use a Auger wagon to fill up 3 of the train cars directly, no need for conveyor belt.

Did you know each train has 3 open cars for field fill up, and 1 closed car to make sure one car is a available for filing up the silo and transfer from one train to another.

Did you know Bales of straw, and hey can be used in feeding stales directly just pick one up and take it over to the feeding stale and bring it down to the ground and the bale disappears as the stale fills up.

Also vehicles only age when they are in use, so if you want a few young vehicles park one until the other one wears out.

Attachments only wear down when attached to equipment.
ErwinR55

Re: Wow, Something you didn't know about farming Simulator 17

Post by ErwinR55 »

Sid1701d wrote: Did you know Bales of straw, and hey can be used in feeding stales directly just pick one up and take it over to the feeding stale and bring it down to the ground and the bale disappears as the stale fills up.

Also vehicles only age when they are in use, so if you want a few young vehicles park one until the other one wears out.

Attachments only wear down when attached to equipment.
bales depend on the map (some don't accept bales)

unused vehicles/machines don't age, but they do cost maintenance costs daily even if never used.
PS4 player
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Did you know you can climb the ladder on the placeable Water Tower.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Did you know you can climb the lighthouse in sandy bay?
BlurredUpload

Post by BlurredUpload »

Did you know the patch makes FS17 Stutter?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

eric21 wrote:Did you know you can climb the lighthouse in sandy bay?
I did drive a MF 7719 in the castle yard in Sandy Bay but I've not tried climbing the lighthouse. Will do ASAP :lol:
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Did you know you can climb the cliff in Sandy Bay with the MF7719, it must be a 85degree steep angle I think.
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote:Did you know you can climb the cliff in Sandy Bay with the MF7719, it must be a 85degree steep angle I think.
What cliff? I mean which one do you mean?
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Pfff, I don't really know, was somewhere at the bottom right corner of the map, close to a mill on top of the hill or so?
It starts with some big grassy area already Climbing up the cliff there.

I dunno, I drove around the map for an hour, then decided I don't like the map at all, so deleted it again this morning.
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote:Pfff, I don't really know, was somewhere at the bottom right corner of the map, close to a mill on top of the hill or so?

I dunno, I drove around the map for an hour, then decided I don't like the map at all, so deleted it again this morning.
Thanks for the definition. I'll look into it.

I recommend you to give this map a second chance, cause it is really fun to play in.
And at least for me it has got a fantastic view.
But if you don't like cramped maps yes it is definitely not for you.
PS5 / FS22
aklein

Post by aklein »

Did you know you can make a harvest flip head over tails if you try to connect an upside down header to one?

Found this out one day due to a poor header/header trailer docking.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

RODHA wrote:
ErwinR55 wrote:Pfff, I don't really know, was somewhere at the bottom right corner of the map, close to a mill on top of the hill or so?

Thanks for the definition. I'll look into it.

I recommend you to give this map a second chance, cause it is really fun to play in.
And at least for me it has got a fantastic view.
But if you don't like cramped maps yes it is definitely not for you.

I don't like large maps where you have to backup to get your harvest stored in the silo. Me like driving the dolly trailer, me no likes driving in reverse with such a trailer, so me no likes that map :biggrin2: *thumbsdown* *thumbsup*
And apart from that, I come from a place where gates are there to keep the animals inside, not to keep the tractors outside :P

No animals in your fields? Get rid of the gates and such :) so yeah, bit too much collision for me on that map.
PS4 player
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

BlurredUpload wrote:Did you know the patch makes FS17 Stutter?
Such "stuttering" might just be because the game has to redo (recompile) shader-code for textures (materials) and cache it in the 'shader_cache' folder?

You might notice this slightly when downloading and using a vehicle-/equipment-mod you've never used before in the game.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Decker_MMIV wrote:
BlurredUpload wrote:Did you know the patch makes FS17 Stutter?
Such "stuttering" might just be because the game has to redo (recompile) shader-code for textures (materials) and cache it in the 'shader_cache' folder?

You might notice this slightly when downloading and using a vehicle-/equipment-mod you've never used before in the game.
Well, I can tell you it is NOT that. How many times does the game need to re/load this? I've got a brand new 2017 gaming set up and after 1.4.2 this issue started occuring. New games too, not just old save games. Slightly, you say? Humbug! The game engine really handles hardware, that fluidly runs more demanding games smooth without issue, poorly. There is no need to keep repeating the "oh it is a shader reloading" excuse. Shader reloading should NOT make the game jump as it does. Neither does the fps keep going up and down without moving in-game... let's get back to stuff we did NOT know about FS17 instead of well known bugs...

Did you know FS17 is soon not going to be the best farmsim in the market anymore? :lol:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

Yeah, I agree, keep on topic so this thread don't get locked.

Anyways, in the part of the main menu that lists the stores and prices, there is a section on the topic that says Farm Silo, on top of the normal plants, wheat, barely, corn and soybeans, there appears to be Potatoes, Sugar Beats and Manure, some trailer looking thing, plus wool, chaff, silage, and straw grass and hey. Not all of them are used as of right now currently. I do believe in earlier builds the farm silo held everything even grass straw and hey. However, I believe the took some out because it was unrealistic. Also I wonder if the trailer think is actually slurry.

So if they don't use all the stuff listed in the farm Silo, than my question is why is there a Silo for it. Do you think its part of a future update or DLC expansion pack, stuff or otherwise. Apparently the straw and hey loft gives straw and hey access to the farm silo, however still don't understand why grass was not included in it.