Wow, Something you didn't know about farming Simulator 17

Guil

Re: Wow, Something you didn't know about farming Simulator 17

Post by Guil »

Some maps have storage for those crops. The placeable barn stores, and shows in the menu, grass and hay.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote:
RODHA wrote:
ErwinR55 wrote:Pfff, I don't really know, was somewhere at the bottom right corner of the map, close to a mill on top of the hill or so?
It starts with some big grassy area already Climbing up the cliff there.

I dunno, I drove around the map for an hour, then decided I don't like the map at all, so deleted it again this morning.
Thanks for the definition. I'll look into it.

I recommend you to give this map a second chance, cause it is really fun to play in.
And at least for me it has got a fantastic view.
But if you don't like cramped maps yes it is definitely not for you.

I don't like large maps where you have to backup to get your harvest stored in the silo. Me like driving the dolly trailer, me no likes driving in reverse with such a trailer, so me no likes that map :biggrin2: *thumbsdown* *thumbsup*
And apart from that, I come from a place where gates are there to keep the animals inside, not to keep the tractors outside :P

No animals in your fields? Get rid of the gates and such :) so yeah, bit too much collision for me on that map.
Yeap, every single thing in the map has collision.
This creates some difficulty of course but it is realistic.
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Sid1701d wrote:Yeah, I agree, keep on topic so this thread don't get locked.

Anyways, in the part of the main menu that lists the stores and prices, there is a section on the topic that says Farm Silo, on top of the normal plants, wheat, barely, corn and soybeans, there appears to be Potatoes, Sugar Beats and Manure, some trailer looking thing, plus wool, chaff, silage, and straw grass and hey. Not all of them are used as of right now currently. I do believe in earlier builds the farm silo held everything even grass straw and hey. However, I believe the took some out because it was unrealistic. Also I wonder if the trailer think is actually slurry.

So if they don't use all the stuff listed in the farm Silo, than my question is why is there a Silo for it. Do you think its part of a future update or DLC expansion pack, stuff or otherwise. Apparently the straw and hey loft gives straw and hey access to the farm silo, however still don't understand why grass was not included in it.
The Old Stream Farm silo can hold grass, hay and straw. Not silage though and I've not tried the root crops yet.
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Sid1701d wrote:Yeah, I agree, keep on topic so this thread don't get locked.

Anyways, in the part of the main menu that lists the stores and prices, there is a section on the topic that says Farm Silo, on top of the normal plants, wheat, barely, corn and soybeans, there appears to be Potatoes, Sugar Beats and Manure, some trailer looking thing, plus wool, chaff, silage, and straw grass and hey. Not all of them are used as of right now currently. I do believe in earlier builds the farm silo held everything even grass straw and hey. However, I believe the took some out because it was unrealistic. Also I wonder if the trailer think is actually slurry.

So if they don't use all the stuff listed in the farm Silo, than my question is why is there a Silo for it. Do you think its part of a future update or DLC expansion pack, stuff or otherwise. Apparently the straw and hey loft gives straw and hey access to the farm silo, however still don't understand why grass was not included in it.
Hey hey hey, it's hay :hi:

That being in that overview doesn't mean it's needed in the storage as a value to see how much you have.
It's there, cause you need to know the pricings. Handy enough, also the amounts of storage are put in this same overview ;-) for the things you DO store in silo's at the farm :D
PS4 player
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

RODHA wrote:
Not really, never seen a 300HP tractor being stopped by a 50 cm high hedge.

But so many hedges and stoney walls you only find in UK like area's.

I come from a place where the neighbourfield is right next to ours, with only one marker stone at a corner, if at all, to see where the edge is.
And even if there would be some hedges or trees between, and I would buy the neighbour field, I can remove them to make one field.

In this map everything is fixed, me no likies :)

Other then that, the area looks nice :)
PS4 player
W1der

Post by W1der »

Did you know that the new kuhn equipment that needs a front weight to go with it, actually has info regarding the recommended weight in the shop menu ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote:
RODHA wrote:
Not really, never seen a 300HP tractor being stopped by a 50 cm high hedge.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And I've never seen a farmer trying to drive over a 50cm hedge.
It doesn't supposed to physically stop a giant tractor, it is supposed to make the driver stop :lol:
PS5 / FS22
W1der

Post by W1der »

Sorry for going off topic ...

But I had a thought about the possibility to add "hedges" as a "crop" ... with crop destruction as a feature.
Plant your own hedges with the tree planter (or similar) ... and when they are fully grown, if you drive through them, they will be destroyed ... and slowly grow back (just like grass) ...

I am going to see how it looks like if I use "poplars" as a hedge ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Guil

Post by Guil »

That's a very good idea wider and could really transform default maps.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

W1der wrote:Sorry for going off topic ...

But I had a thought about the possibility to add "hedges" as a "crop" ... with crop destruction as a feature.
Plant your own hedges with the tree planter (or similar) ... and when they are fully grown, if you drive through them, they will be destroyed ... and slowly grow back (just like grass) ...

I am going to see how it looks like if I use "poplars" as a hedge ...
That is indeed a very good idea *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
W1der

Post by W1der »

Guil wrote:That's a very good idea wider and could really transform default maps.
Do you think this is possible to achive as "mod" !? :hmm:
Guil

Post by Guil »

Is that your way of asking if I can "make" giants change the game :wink3:
W1der

Post by W1der »

Nah ... it was my way of making any capable modder, out there, pick up on my "request" ... :coolnew:

When GIANTS reads this they will most deff make this a feature for FS19 anyways ... :this:
(But I do not want to wait that long ... ) :lol:
Guil

Post by Guil »

Us poor console players will have to wait and hope it becomes a possibility. I'd say it would be easy to do though, surely the attributes for grass in crop destruction just have to be copied for poplars?
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

W1der wrote: I am going to see how it looks like if I use "poplars" as a hedge ...
That's a great Idea, I will be trying that too. I wonder if the AI will just run through it.