Harvester AI

matains

Harvester AI

Post by matains »

Hi!

Could you please do something with AI helpers on harvesters? They keep doing dumb turns and driving over crops even if i make a HUGE headland. Using the crop destruction mod makes it actually punishing.
Their behaviour is so idiotic i cannot look at it anymore. How about rolling back to FS15 ai? It was way more predictable and even though it was not as smart, i could work around its quirks when i finally got used to them. With FS17 i feel completely powerless. Workers will find a way to screw up no matter what i do.

Thanks
cr41g_1965

Re: Harvester AI

Post by cr41g_1965 »

matains wrote:Hi!

Could you please do something with AI helpers on harvesters? They keep doing dumb turns and driving over crops even if i make a HUGE headland. Using the crop destruction mod makes it actually punishing.
Their behaviour is so idiotic i cannot look at it anymore. How about rolling back to FS15 ai? It was way more predictable and even though it was not as smart, i could work around its quirks when i finally got used to them. With FS17 i feel completely powerless. Workers will find a way to screw up no matter what i do.

Thanks
there is an update to crop destruction available as of today...

Update 1.0.2.1 - no crop destruction for AI vehicles
Update 1.0.2.0 - Grass will be reduced to second to last growth state which is still mowable.
- Caruelle Nicolas Stilla 460 and New Holland SP.400F are properly detected as using care wheels, will not destroy crops anymore.
Previous Update 1.0.1.0 - Oilseed radish is not destroyed anymore.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
matains

Post by matains »

Thanks! Its definitely better than nothing but still working around the problem, instead of solving it.
At least i can ignore the AI workers now. They destroyed the crop and then failed to recognize the path next pass.
W1der

Post by W1der »

According to GIANTS this is the best that they can do (even if I personally think it worked better before the latest update).
Hopefully they are working on improvements ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Danny844

Post by Danny844 »

matains wrote:Hi!

Thanks
Yep and people were really excited at how FS17 was much improved. They AI should have improved dramatically over the years, they have had 2 years in between versions and many more years on top because it really hasn't changed enough in the amount of time they have been doing the game although some will try to argue it has.