Thoughts on the challenger tractors.

ErwinR55

Re: Thoughts on the challenger tractors.

Post by ErwinR55 »

PaulDuPouy wrote:
PureMassacre187 wrote:If they had more sizes and options id use them. My go to big tractor has been the Case quadtrac on 15 and 17.
Ehh, I do use the MT800 & 900 series instead of the quadtrac reasonably often, but that's naturally if a Fendt won't do the job.
Euh, since when is there a job the Fendt can't do?

No equipment is that large in this game that would give the Fendt troubles :), unless maybe when it comes to turning radius of some machines?
I dunno, I drive Fendt only, but I remeber from FS13 that the big Amazone seeder with AI would turn so much better on a quadtrac then on a regular Puma.
PS4 player
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Perhaps with future DLC or mods we'll see some use for these monsters. I did have the 700 on my game for a while. I love the turning radius and once you get used to it, it's very fun to drive. But, I got rid of it and bought a 8737 Massey for my heavy tillage and sowing work as well as running the mowers and pulling a baler.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
iw_shawn

Post by iw_shawn »

I'm playing on Kleinhau and there is some fields I could use more HP then the 939 fendt has, because of the steep hills. I'm going to buy a MT875E when I've got some money saved up.
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

ErwinR55 wrote:
Euh, since when is there a job the Fendt can't do?

No equipment is that large in this game that would give the Fendt troubles :), unless maybe when it comes to turning radius of some machines?
I dunno, I drive Fendt only, but I remeber from FS13 that the big Amazone seeder with AI would turn so much better on a quadtrac then on a regular Puma.
There isn't much the 939 can't do, but they do struggle a bit on hilly maps with the high HP requirement stuff. Especially with the big Jympa behind them.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
crash

Post by crash »

The tracked ones should have some different options on the tracks. would like a narrow footprint with narrow tracks. Currently using the biggest one to pull the peecon feed wagon. The 400hp Massey was basically stationary if mixing and moving at the same time, so a couple of hundred horsepowers more was needed :biggrin2:
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

crash wrote:The tracked ones should have some different options on the tracks. would like a narrow footprint with narrow tracks. Currently using the biggest one to pull the peecon feed wagon. The 400hp Massey was basically stationary if mixing and moving at the same time, so a couple of hundred horsepowers more was needed :biggrin2:
I agree, and ability to adjust spacing like the real ones.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

I don't like the articulated machines... Just feels weird to me. Sorry, don't like 'em...

:)
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I use a 975 for the largest cultivator, but only because I desperately wanted to have it in game and that was the only thing it was good for. The 875 on the other hand gets some regular use pulling the 43000l grain cart. Hopefully, if the new DLC does materialise, there will finally be some proper use for these.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

mdoss wrote:I don't like the articulated machines... Just feels weird to me. Sorry, don't like 'em...

I also felt strange when I first drove one (for real), but after a while you get used to its behaviour, and they are a charm to drive with. Specially if you are about to get stuck in the mud, wiggle and wiggle and wiggle and you can get yourself out again lots of times :D.
PS4 player
ffmfd180

Post by ffmfd180 »

I focus on grain production and use the Challengers exclusively. I use the MT900 for tillage work. I use two MT800's as well. One pulls the largest Amazone seeder and I use the other one to pull the Bergmann auger wagon during harvests. I love their manueverability and HP. As stated already they work really well with the Jympa plows.
Xbox One player
crash

Post by crash »

ErwinR55 wrote:
mdoss wrote:I don't like the articulated machines... Just feels weird to me. Sorry, don't like 'em...

I also felt strange when I first drove one (for real), but after a while you get used to its behaviour, and they are a charm to drive with. Specially if you are about to get stuck in the mud, wiggle and wiggle and wiggle and you can get yourself out again lots of times :D.

I don't know about real life use, but ingame, the tracked challengers are more correct steering wise than the in game skidloader. The ha Slow reaction, and way sensitive when the first react. The challengers are easy to control, and stops turning when you do.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

crash wrote:
ErwinR55 wrote:

I don't know about real life use, but ingame, the tracked challengers are more correct steering wise than the in game skidloader. The ha Slow reaction, and way sensitive when the first react. The challengers are easy to control, and stops turning when you do.
Yeah, the skidsteer is totally wrong. It needs to drive a half a meter first before it flips its steering. Got rid of it as soon as I discovered this wrong steering mechanics.

But tracked tractors behave differently then articulated tractors. We were talking about the articulated versions :)
PS4 player
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

ErwinR55 wrote:

With hydraulic drawbar you can really get yourself out of some sticky situations, The 800 series is my most anticipated machine ever for fs, we have ran 2 challengers on my family farm since the 90's, started with the flat tracks and have traded them in every 5 or so years, currently running to 865C's, looking at trying out one of the E-models soon but we are skeptical of the sisu engine that has replaced the cat in our c models
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

lexiontech wrote:
ErwinR55 wrote:

With hydraulic drawbar you can really get yourself out of some sticky situations, The 800 series is my most anticipated machine ever for fs, we have ran 2 challengers on my family farm since the 90's, started with the flat tracks and have traded them in every 5 or so years, currently running to 865C's, looking at trying out one of the E-models soon but we are skeptical of the sisu engine that has replaced the cat in our c models

I wouldn't worry about the Sisu engines at all to be honest......AGCO went out and bought that company when Cummins peeved them.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

PaulDuPouy wrote:
lexiontech wrote:
ErwinR55 wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the Sisu engines at all to be honest......AGCO went out and bought that company when Cummins peeved them.
Yeah we will see, I am working for a cat/agco/lexion dealer right now until my wife is done with college. We have had trouble with the sisu engines in the TerraGators and have had to replace five engines in machines with less than 1000 hours due to high oil consumption. Also lots of issues with the emissions systems. Bad def supply modules, nox sensors, broken DOC's, list goes on and on. The old gators with the cat engines never missed a beat. We just sold our first 3 800E series to one customer so we will see how they hold up. The V12 sure sounds nice, but I have no complaints about the cats we are running on the farm right now.