What Tool is Best for Loading Logs?

iw_shawn

What Tool is Best for Loading Logs?

Post by iw_shawn »

I've just trying out forestry for the first time in fs17. Loading logs is easy with a tractor with a log grab one at a time, the logs stick to the grab even if it is open sometimes :confusednew: When I tried with the wheel loader to pick up groups of logs the logs fly every where or slide out like they're greased up.

Is there a good tool (vanilla or mod) for loading groups of logs at one time?
Dfarmer36

Re: What Tool is Best for Loading Logs?

Post by Dfarmer36 »

Are you on pc or console? Console has the biobeltz loading trailer that works well still usually only load one log at a time but way better than tractor or front loader. If your on pc you gotta look up the fdr equipment he has his v5 stuff out now and it all works quite well
Dairy farmer by day Xbox/pc user by night
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

if u r on pc I seen a pair of log forks with a tension strap built onto them
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

I use the Biobeltz trailer with the arm and have got really fast with it. I use the front loader also sometimes. With both if your lucky you can get 2 medium logs at once. I think there's an auto load one for PC, but I think thats really cheating, but It's all how you want to play the game.
Jamie Packham

Post by Jamie Packham »

Autoload log trailer. https://fs17.lt/fliegl-timber-runner-wi ... -1-0-0-17/
Scorpion King at 10 meter lengths.
Profit.

Or telehandler with a mod double log fork, controls mapped to steering wheel, using pedals, if you want to load them manually.
PureMassacre187

Post by PureMassacre187 »

The best log loader ive used was a telehandler. Try the New Holland mod. It was standard on 15.only one i really liked. The JCB is powerful, but has very little lift for an activity like that.
:arrow:Andy Ps4 Fs17 :this:
crash

Post by crash »

If I'm planting a field with threes, so it's flat. I use the ponsee to process the trees and the itrunner with the log bed and a tractor to load. Works great,as the bed can be put on the ground.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Straw-Walker

Post by Straw-Walker »

Cheap and cheerful is the dung fork with grab. Don't try to slide under, use as a claw.
Disk version, Update 1.4.4 on Win10 PC with Xbox controller.
http://www.g4mix.co.uk
69chvelle

Post by 69chvelle »

Straw-Walker wrote:Cheap and cheerful is the dung fork with grab. Don't try to slide under, use as a claw.
For me, this is by far the fastest way to load. I use it on the Telehandler or a tractor. I think the actual name is Manure Fork with Grapple. You can usually get at least two large logs at once, or multiple smaller logs. I don't have the patience for the trailers with the loading arms, or the Buffalo. Just my opinion.
PS4 Logger/Farmer
Largan

Post by Largan »

I've found two ways of doing it:

Chainsaw, big logs and using a front loader and clawing each log and then load a log trailer one by one.

Scorpion King, cut to length and also try to make as neat piles as possible. Then use the 435S wheelloader and load a log trailer. Still haven't mastered it as the loaded logs can look like a game of mikado/spillikins at times.. And I guess it could be possible to use any trailer for shorter logs.
Xbox ONE: Felsbrunn.
Leonara

Post by Leonara »

I want to thank 69chvelle for the idea of the Manure Fork with the Ttelehandler. I've been using the Telehandler and tried various forks and clamps and never really found anything great.

Thanks to 69chvelle, I am now loading logs 2 by 2 like a mad man. So fast, so smooth. What a novel idea. Thanks again!!!
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

I use a telehandler with the log forks and a bucket.

I use the bucket to push the logs around to get them nice and straight then i will push it up against the logs and drop it to keep the logs from sliding as much when i try to pick them up (if im near a building i will push them against a wall instead) then i just use the log forks to get about 4 at a time.

TIP: when picking up multiple logs at once it is best if they are the same size (diamater > lenght)!!! When im pushing logs around with the bucket i will arange them into 2-4 piles of same sized logs.
PC gamer.
69chvelle

Post by 69chvelle »

leonara@videotron.ca wrote:I want to thank 69chvelle for the idea of the Manure Fork with the Ttelehandler. I've been using the Telehandler and tried various forks and clamps and never really found anything great.

Thanks to 69chvelle, I am now loading logs 2 by 2 like a mad man. So fast, so smooth. What a novel idea. Thanks again!!!
Glad I could help you out. I do quiet a bit of logging on FS17 and this is by far the fastest method I have found and I have tried almost everything. Enjoy!
PS4 Logger/Farmer
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I don't go full fledged forestry but I do clear a lot of trees to expand fields. For some reason, the loader tractors are much nicer in 17 vs 15. I personally use the Fendt 700. It maneuvers well, can handle large logs and works well in other areas. Add a big weight on the back and im all set. The double grapple works much better than the single.
Correct-bird

Post by Correct-bird »

Listen to none of these people. Front loader etc takes FOREVER! Lease the trailer with the claw thing on it. I spent a day atleast cleaning up field 19 with the front loader. The claw trailer is 5x as fast as the loaders best. A day of my life I'll never get back