Best tractor for mowing

Bhcc

Best tractor for mowing

Post by Bhcc »

What is the best tractor for mowing with 1 mower in front center and two on back each side?
Aqualize

Re: Best tractor for mowing

Post by Aqualize »

Just make sure it has enough (horse)power. If not it will slow down or slow down much going uphill.

And just so you don't miss out on this:
On Valtra N4, T4, S4 and Fendt 900 you can turn the seat (ctrl+b) to have the center mover mount back. I think it was only for the Pöttinger combination this was possible.
Then I have the dual rotary hay rake in the front of the T4 so the three windrows gets combined into one.
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

You can put the pottinger wing mowers and single mower on the front as well. The game really doesn't care. HP from the PTO is the same. Honestly get the Krone Big M. It's an amazing mower that has a PTO on the back allowing you to hook a square or round baler to it.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

If you've got a nice big tractor (I use the New Holland T7 Heavy Duty) - I put all three mowers on the front, and a windrower or Tedder on the back...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Personally I like running the Fendt 900 with the Pottinger mowers on the back and putting a tedder on the front. This is assuming I'm making hay, and it saves a step, also the tedder acts as a counter balance weight.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Christopher73

Post by Christopher73 »

I have always liked using the small JCB because of the short wheel base.
Playing on PS4
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

I tried the small Challenger caterpillar. It had the advantage of a very tight turning circle.
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

I use the Valtra S with the Pottinger mowers. I have the basic setting. Small mower at the front, butterfly on the back. Works great.
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Denhalen wrote:I use the Valtra S with the Pottinger mowers. I have the basic setting. Small mower at the front, butterfly on the back. Works great.
This^^^^ or on the T as well.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I run Fendt 724 with Lely Splendimo 320 FC front mower and Lely Splendimo 900 MC rear mower.

On my hard game I just run a Lely Splendimo 320 FC mower, can't buy anything bigger yet :P

And yesterday for fun I ran a Fendt 900 with Lely Splendimo 320 FC, Lemken tool carrier and 2 pulled New Holland mowers, which actually run on PTO without PTO drive :P
I think I could even get the Pöttinger triplo on the front next time, as the spacing between the 2 pulled rear mowers should be able to handle the 9 meters from the Pöttinger to get a bit wider mower fun combination.
PS4 player
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm running the Lely triples on the Massey 8737. Really any 280hp+ tractor will work but the Masseys have a great turning radius if you don't want to use reverse drive.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

I use a Valtra with the mowers on the back and then a Tedder or wind rower on the front as needed. Good turning circle and less passes. I did find with the biggest Valtra with wide tyres and the double mower on the back would not work correctly
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
Eggski

Post by Eggski »

I'm using a JCB 4220 mod with Lely front and back mowers, 4 wheel steer so works well.
Farming the proper way, on PC.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

ErwinR55 wrote: I think I could even get the Pöttinger triplo on the front next time, as the spacing between the 2 pulled rear mowers should be able to handle the 9 meters from the Pöttinger to get a bit wider mower fun combination.

Just had some fun with this.
16 meter in one go! Beat that Claas Cougar with your tiny 14 meters :chinese: :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
https://youtu.be/3TrqgdGcrM8
PS4 player
PureMassacre187

Post by PureMassacre187 »

Full spec, half track T8. Pottinger center and wings on front. Lemken gigant 800 carrier on rear. Two NH discbine 313 on full spread. I can mow a huge field in like 5 minutes. Dont hire a helper. He will screw it up.
:arrow:Andy Ps4 Fs17 :this: