Buffalo on consoles

Logger 34

Buffalo on consoles

Post by Logger 34 »

How many console players use the Buffalo to skid full length trees I do all the time I've gotten pretty good at doing it this week I used a chain saw and Buffalo and I'm going to end up with 16 loads of logs this week plus wood chips so not bad for cutting and skidding and bucking and loading I didn't think so any way for just messen around lol
69chvelle

Re: Buffalo on consoles

Post by 69chvelle »

I never have liked the Buffalo. It seems too tedious and time consuming. When starting out, I use the chainsaw, the log trailer with a dolly, and load the logs with a front end loader equipped with the fork w/grapple on a tractor. When I can afford it, I upgrade to the Scorpion King and a Telehandler with the fork w/grapple. Much more efficient loading times.
PS4 Logger/Farmer
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

That's a good way of doing it I just skidded 30 trees in 20 minutes plus I already have 10 loaded bucked and stacked in the pile ready to haul plus a loud of logs the trailer I didn't do all that in 20 minutes but the 30 trees I did I will use the tractor and grapple to loud out of the pile the
Chainsawcrazy

Post by Chainsawcrazy »

I have used the forwarder for skidding in the past but I find it clumsy as you have to get part of the log on the back of the machine to keep traction but steering is a Bratwurst. Your better off to length and haul out of the bush on a trailer
Infrastructure contractor tasty beef farmer
69chvelle

Post by 69chvelle »

Chainsawcrazy wrote:I have used the forwarder for skidding in the past but I find it clumsy as you have to get part of the log on the back of the machine to keep traction but steering is a Bratwurst. Your better off to length and haul out of the bush on a trailer
Never thought about using the Buffalo as a skidder, but I'll have to give it a try just for fun. I am basically using the Scorpion King as a skidder/processor. Cut it, drag it to a landing area, and cut them into a neat pile that is easy to load. I like the chainsaw method too, but wish it would cut closer to the ground. With the Scorpion, I don't even bother with the stumps most of the time.
PS4 Logger/Farmer
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

I pull the log all the way to the front and leave it gripped in the bucket I don't have no problem steering I also I lay the trees out nice for it so I don't have to steer a lot and Selim the trees so I can see whate tree is doing I have used the scorpion to cut and lay them out nice all and when I got a tree in the bucket I hold butt end up to the top of the headache rack and go with it some times you can lay two in the bed depends on the ground trick is to pull the out from other standing trees straight as you can just like real skidden ounce you clear the standing trees you can go with it . it takes some practace but it can be done
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

All when I lay them out to skid with the scorpion king I delime the trees with chain saw but this week I wanted to see how Manny trees I could cut and skid using just chainsaw and Buffalo this week I will end up with 20 loads of logs and two loads of wood chips